“Comfortable and convenient”

Pagosa Springs Inn and Suites
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Pagosa Springs
Reviewed 7 November 2010

The Pagosa Springs Inn is on the west side of town. While it's not downtown, near the hot springs, you are a short drive from all of Pagosa's downtown attractions. It is near a large grocery store, several restaurats and fast food establishments, and the golf course. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the bed was very nice, with a variety of pillows of different types, so I was able to find the one with the right "squishiness" for me. There is an indoor pool, but I didn't use it. The continental breakfast was very nice. There is adequate parking and the staff was very friendly, even after a confusing check out (on my part) involving a company check. It's a nice place to stay for a weekend or an extended stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 June 2010

When we drove into town, I was looking for a chain of hotel chains. To my suprise, there was only one (Econolodge). My hubby, who is a truck driver by trade, saw sign on Pagosa Inn & Sutes - truckers welcome. I cringed a bit, but to my suprise, the room was great and huge! Clean too. Also, very quiet. Other guest were there, but you didn't hear a peep out of anyone. I would be back here next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank SherrillHooker26
Reviewed 20 January 2010

My husband and I stayed 2 nights at the Pagosa Inn & Suites. Nice, clean King room with mini frig, and microwave. Nice continental breakfast ( cereals, danish, waffles, fruit). We bought great discount tickets for Wolf Creek at the front desk. Hotel was close to several good restaurants. Very small fitness center (The treadmill was not working...my husband was disappointed with that). All in all this is a good hotel at a very fair price. We would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2009

Good size room with a really nice double vanity. Nice soft, new bedding. Front desk clerk was really nice. Elevator was broke but we were told that first thing. Pool and hot tub were warm but was in a garage style building. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2009

We liked it so much we stayed 2 nights instead of one! We needed room to spread out after MANY days on the road with 2 teenagers and a 7 year old. This fit the bill perfectly. The owner quoted me a rate of $165 for the Eagle's Nest (or Suite?), because we were checking in on the later side and the hotel was only 60% booked he lowered the rate to $150 at check in. Since we were able to get last minute reservations to white water raft next door and because the layout of the room was great, we decided to add another night at the same $150 rate. This became the kids favorite part of the trip! We hope to visit again earlier in the season when the rapids are a little faster and will definitely stay here again. We wish we had time to go for a hot air balloon ride which launches every morning in good weather behind the hotel (at least we will have something new for the next trip!) The staff was wonderful, the breakfast was enough to hold you until lunch, the laundry on site was a great addition for this road-trip mom, the indoor pool was adequate, the pool table/foosball/pingpong room was a hit with the kids. I will take a little older decor for good/friendly service and room to spread out anyday of the week!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank jumomof3
Reviewed 3 August 2009

We stayed at the Pagosa Springs Inn and Suites based on the ranking of the hotel on this website. I have to say that I certainly understand why the reviews are mixed. There are some good things about the hotel. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The room we stayed in is huge with three TV sets and plenty of room for the six year old to run around. The room also has a fabulous view of the mountains. The wireless internet connection is fast and reliable. But all this just doesn't make it a great stay. The beds are foam mattresses and while I found them comfy, I'm sure others wouldn't necessarily agree. The hotel was fairly empty while we were there, but I think it might be noisy if there were a lot of people as the walls and floors are thin. The pool and hot tub were downright filthy with debris and cloudy water. We didn't let the kids swim in them. The room itself desperately needs a remodel as the furniture is all old and worn. The walls are even dirty with black marks everywhere and could use a good repaint. The breakfast area is very tastefully decorated and cheerful, and if the hotel owners would put some of those little touches into a remodel of the rooms, this hotel would be a pretty nice place to stay. It's not the worst place I've ever stayed by a long shot, but it is nothing to write home about, either. It has potential to be a nice property, but next time we'll probably try somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank TencatNewMexico
Reviewed 21 July 2009

We stayed here for one night on our way home from AZ in Aug of 2008. We were very impressed with this property. Our room was only $95 with tax included. It was a big room with 2 Queen beds, a mini fridge, & microwave. There was also a small sofa. Pool area was nice. They have a deluxe continental breakfast with muffins, danishes, breads for toasting, oatmeal, 4 different cereals, fresh fruit, coffee, OJ, & milk and you could also make your own begian waffles.

They also have a game room, and laundry facilities.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family