Week two of our spring skiing vacation brought us to the Elkwood Manor in Pagosa Springs. This is an outstanding B&B and certainly one of the best we have experienced over the last 24 years. This comes from the viewpoint of travelers who have spent 100+ nights away from home during each of those years and who lodge at B&Bs several times, most every year. Things we especially liked:
• All of the rooms are two-room suites.
• In-room hearth stove, for cold nights.
• Hot tub.
• Wine tasting and appetizers in the evening. This was a wonderful plus. It was great to socialize with our hosts and their guests. We learned far more about Pagosa Springs than we would have, without the social hour.
• Excellent full breakfasts that included fresh fruit every morning. Many B&Bs have a good breakfast, but fresh fruit is rare on the road.
• Our hosts Darlene and Dan, who provided marvelous service.
• The views from the dining room and deck.
A note to skiers, the Elkwood Manor is located on the Eastern edge of town and is 5-15 minutes closer to Wolf Creek Ski Area than most other Pagosa Springs lodging.More
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking