“Clean rooms, excellent food, nice people, beautiful views!”

Elkwood Manor Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed 28 March 2009

My sister and I stayed here in May 2008 while we were in town researching our family history. Both her and I have travelled a LOT, and we are very picky! First, our hosts were very friendly and helpful. They literally welcome you into their home. There is free appetizers and wine at 5 or 6 PM (can't remember, had too much wine!) which we missed only one night. It's a great opportunity to sit and chat with the locals and get advice from your hosts while enjoying whatever Darlene cooks up. Since the weather was always nice, we sat outside and enjoyed the BEAUTIFUL scenery. We watched blue birds and robins feed their babies while we chatted and drank wine. Darlene is an EXCELLENT cook. She serves up a gourmet breakfast every morning. I'm still lusting over the broiled red grapefruit with anise and mint! We were so full after breakfast every day that we never ate lunch the whole time we were in Pagosa Springs! Second, the rooms are immaculate!! The true test of a hotel/B&B is if I can take a BATH without worrying-Elkwood Manor passes with flying colors! We were complimenting Darlene (who cleans the place herself) on how spotless everything was, and she commented on how one of her pet peeves is finding hair laying around, so she gets on her hands and knees to make sure there aren't any! I felt bad for her, because my sister and I both have long hair-we really made her earn the money! They do have a no shoe rule, but they provide slippers for you to walk around the house in. Third, the price was awesome compared to the run down dirty looking other places in town. My sister and I stayed in the Miranda Ella Quarters. We had essentially 'Jack and Jill' rooms with a big bathroom between us. It was such a deal at about $130 a night!! The fireplace in each room is connected to it's own thermostat, so when you want heat it lights the fire. I would ABSOLUTELY stay here again, and I highly recommend that you stay here when in the area.

• Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank babygoo

Reviewed 26 March 2009

We had a really wonderful and relaxing one night stay at Elkwood Manor on a long road trip from Los Angeles to Houston Texas.Darlene was the perfect hostess and we were able to unwind and enjoy the beautiful property situated in a stunning valley with views from all directions of snow capped peaks.
We loved meeting our fellow guests at the wine and nibbles get together and met some great folks from Texas who gave us tips on the rest of our trip towards their home state.
Our room was so spotless and comfortable with a gorgous bed with beautiful linens and a great little sitting room with a fireplace.
Breakfast was served in the dining room- again overlooking those gorgeous views!
We would love to go back one day and spend more time in the area and at Elkwood Manor.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pux
Reviewed 26 March 2009

Family of 3 traveled to Pagosa Springs, CO, in March 09 to play in the snow of Wolf Creek Pass Ski Area. Crowds were light, no waiting lines for lifts at Wolf Creek, great powder snow, great selection of ski runs of all skill levels. Folks at Elkwood Manor do everything right. Very accomodating. Great breakfast. Beautiful views of San Juan Mountains from deck and dining room.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2008

My boyfriend and I went for my 50th birthday. We loved it! Darlene and Dan are wonderful hosts. The food was incredible the accomodations are beautiful and the scenery is spectacular.

I was a travel agent for 15 years and have stayed in every type of hotel and B & B possible, this one I will always remember. I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gliderpilotNewMexico
Reviewed 14 July 2008

My husband and I booked 2 nights at the Elkwood to celebrate our anniversary. We enjoyed ourselves so much we stayed an extra night. Darlene is a wonderful host and really takes care of her guests. We enjoyed meeting other guests at the complimentary happy hour. The breakfasts were outstanding. The beds were really comfortable and I rarely say that!! I loved having the deck right off our room with the hot tub nearby. And the views were simply heavenly. I highly recommend a stay at the Elkwood Manor and hope to return again soon.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank coastiewifer
Reviewed 9 June 2008

When I booked two nights at Elkwood Manor, I thought, "Elegant? Whatever. I'm sure it'll be nice, but elegant?" Well, it really was elegant and extremely pleasant. It's right off the highway, but the house is so well-built that I never even heard the cars. Extremely comfortable rooms, full private bath, complementary wine happy hour, a huge video library, and the most amazing breakfasts we've ever had. Really. My husband is begging me to write Darlene for the coffee cake recipe...Darlene goes above and beyond to make your stay in Pagosa Springs the most pleasant possible. It was so nice to feel taken care of!!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank soolka
Reviewed 2 May 2008

My husband and I both loved our stay at Elkwood Manor. The hosts are great and the rooms wonderful. We didn't have time for the hot tub or the sauna, but next time we'll be sure to make use of these great extras. Breakfast was yummy and the room large and the views fantastic. Couldn't go to a better place in Pagosa!

• Stayed: April 2008