Went to Pagosa for the early ski season opening at Wolf Creek - yep great skiing in October! Went at last minute and found our regular hotel seeking a whopping $399 per nite (leaf turning season - lots of tourists)! Went directly across the street and friendly front desk gal gave us a very nice room for two nights at a fraction of the single night price that they quoted us across the street. OK so we didn't get unlimited access to the hot springs but the Oak Ridge does have a little pool and hot tub - and on Sat night it was a nice respite from the drunken teenagers and adults that over-ran the hot springs across the street (I have never seen so many cans of Tecate strewn all over the beautiful hot springs - pity they allow that to happen). The Oak Ridge also had a large bar/restaurant - not fancy but adequate, and nice happy hour prices and friendly staff, and decent pizza. Even though continental breakfast is included skip it and walk to a nearby cafe for something more satisfying. There is just something wrong about morning coffee in a little styrofoam cup, watered-down orange juice from a machine, and "Rainbow" white bread direct from the plasic bag for a "continental" breakfast. The room was clean and comfortable. And I will probably make this my usual hotel and save some serious cash every time I come up for the skiing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly Renovated, Full service hotel with great amenities. Historic Downtown location next to the deepest hot springs in the world. Free Hot Breakfast w/ cook to order omelette station, Free Wi fi, Indoor salt water swimming pool. Children under 12 stay free. Pets allowed in designated areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Choice Hotels, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Quality Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oak Ridge Hotel Pagosa Springs
- Oak Ridge Pagosa Springs
- Quality Inn Pagosa Springs, Colorado