“ELK CAMPING”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Pagosa Springs
Reviewed 27 October 2011

After many days camping and hunting we came to town for a warm place to stay and get cleaned up everything we had was a mess including us,the staff went out of there way to make sure we had everything we needed to get all of are things back in order. great rate great staff next year we will make it a point to stay again

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank james k

Reviewed 26 October 2011

Advertised pool and Hot tub but they were closed even though the bill board in front said they were avialable. Breakfast minable. Room was not serviced evan though maid service was requested. Some rooms had refrigerator and microwave but we did not.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
OakRidgeLodge, Director of Sales at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2011

Dear Valued guest,

I do apologize for the pool not being in service during your stay with us. We do try to make sure that all arriving guest are told when the pool is down by posting signs at the front desk and mentioning the situation while making reservations. We do try to schedule our pool repair for a time when our guest would not be inconvenienced.

The standard rooms do not offer a refrigerator and microwave; however the hotel is happy to offer a refrigerator and microwave in our deluxe rooms that can make a guest stay with us more comfortable.

I have talked to management regarding the housekeeping issue and they are treating the situation with the up-most importance and are looking into the issue.

Again I do apologize for the problems that accrued during your stay with us and would like to assure you that the Oak Ridge Lodge takes pride in our guest satisfaction and hope that you will give the Oak Ridge Lodge another chance.

Reviewed 17 October 2011

Went to Pagosa for the early ski season opening at Wolf Creek - yep great skiing in October! Went at last minute and found our regular hotel seeking a whopping $399 per nite (leaf turning season - lots of tourists)! Went directly across the street and friendly front desk gal gave us a very nice room for two nights at a fraction of the single night price that they quoted us across the street. OK so we didn't get unlimited access to the hot springs but the Oak Ridge does have a little pool and hot tub - and on Sat night it was a nice respite from the drunken teenagers and adults that over-ran the hot springs across the street (I have never seen so many cans of Tecate strewn all over the beautiful hot springs - pity they allow that to happen). The Oak Ridge also had a large bar/restaurant - not fancy but adequate, and nice happy hour prices and friendly staff, and decent pizza. Even though continental breakfast is included skip it and walk to a nearby cafe for something more satisfying. There is just something wrong about morning coffee in a little styrofoam cup, watered-down orange juice from a machine, and "Rainbow" white bread direct from the plasic bag for a "continental" breakfast. The room was clean and comfortable. And I will probably make this my usual hotel and save some serious cash every time I come up for the skiing.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank L K
Reviewed 15 October 2011

For the price, the Oak Ridge Lodge is a nice little place to stay in Pagosa Springs. I'm giving it four stars because it is a very good hotel for it's price, location, and atmoshere.My husband and I travel a lot, both in and out of the country, and we have stayed in both inexpensive and expensive hotels, and we were pleased with the quality of the Oak Ridge. The rooms are clean, comfortable and quiet. It is an older hotel, but well maintained. In a previous review, someone had written that the rooms smelled; we didn't notice that at all, but honestly, the whole town is a little odorous due to the lovely sulphur fragrance of the numerous hot springs. There's a coffee maker in the room; the complimentary breakfast is a little Spartan; however, there are hardboiled eggs, breads, and cereal, and you won't starve to death. The location is perfect for exploring the town. The pool is small, and the area is a little funky, but I had a great time swimming in the warm mineral water while my husband played on the hotel's old arcade machines (Pacman!) The bar/restaurant is small, and the menu limited, but it was a fun little place, the food was good, and the bartender and waitstaff were friendly and efficient. The owners and staff were also extremely helpful and friendly. As we were driving away to our next destination, we realized that we didn't have our GPS. I called the hotel in a panic, and they immediately sent someone to the room to check. They called back right away and informed us that we had indeed left it in the room and they were holding it for us. Honesty is so refreshing!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cgclearman
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Friendly staff people; energy conscious management. Clean and comfortable room with no frills and no road noise. Coffee pot in room and free Breakfast til 10!! Right across the street from the wonderful hot springs and admission ticket is slightly discounted if purchased at the lodge. Walk downtown easily. Good value!!

Room Tip: "Inside" rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank shs47
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I was just passing through on a road trip from Scottsdale to the Denver area. My first stop was the Visitor Center next to the Springs resort. I was delighted with the friendly reception and decided to stay for the night and check out the Springs. My first option would have been the Springs resort itself but they only had a suite available for $285. I was traveling solo and really didn't plan to spend any time in the room so I decided to check out the Oak Ridge right across the street. I was greeted by a very pleasant young man at the front desk. When told the AAA rate would only be $65 and they sell discounted tickets to the Springs, I decided to have a look. My room was in the section across the parking lot, on the second floor. I was pleasantly surprised when I entered and found a modestly furnished but immaculately clean room. There was a small sink and vanity outside the compact bathroom right inside the door. There was no closet but a wardrobe with a few hangers in the corner and a couple of drawers under the TV in the armoire. The carpet and bedspreads looked brand new. I opened my notebook computer on the desk top next to the armoire and easily logged on to the free hi-speed internet.
A short time later I was ready to walk across the street to the fabled Springs. I enjoyed a spectacular sunset from the "adults only, VIP section" on the terrace overlooking the San Juan river. There were comfortable loungers encircling a gas fire pit and several of the soaking pools are on this level. Most of the pools are on the lower level and each pool is uniquely shaped and a different temperature. I spent hours enjoying the therapeutic natural mineral spas and lounging near the fire. After showering in the Bathhouse I returned to Oak Ridge. The smell of sulfur from the tubs lingered in my hair and skin so I showered again and was impressed with the water pressure. By now I was spent and had no trouble drifting off to sleep.
I awakened early so I could stroll across the footbridge next to the Springs Resort that spans the San Juan river and leads to a lovely path alongside the river and to steps up to the historic old town. The brisk walk in the cool morning air after the relaxing evening the night before was invigorating.
Upon returning to Oak Ridge to gather my belongings and continue my journey I stopped in the restaurant to check out the complimentary breakfast. I was not impressed so I grabbed some coffee and headed out.
The Oak Ridge Lodge is a moderately priced motel in a beautiful location, convenient to many of the amenities in the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank 1AZKID
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Paid for three nights thru Priceline. The fishing was lousy with the low water and high temperatures in the San Juan so we left after two days heading for Telluride and fishing the Delores and San Miguel. We were charged the full price of the original stay on arriving plus $100 on a "hold" basis. When we checked out we were charged once again for the two nights. Total:$757 for two nights. After much calling and two and a half weeks it wasn't straightened out. This situation is ridiculous! With almost no one staying there, someone needed to walk upstairs, check the room and then get rid of the holds. By the end of the nine day vacation, I had over $1500 in holds/charges for rooms I had already paid for through Priceline and Hotwire. The motel must be used more in the winter and was ok other than being a little shopworn. The "free" breakfast ended up costing $3 but was very good and the service was quick and efficient. The location is right across the street from the hot springs and the attendant remembered us from last year and gave us "local" prices for the two stays in the pools.

Room Tip: Make sure to stay in the main building and not the annex
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ChuckieC
OakRidgeLodge, Director of Sales at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2011

Dear Guest,

I do apologize for the billing issues that occurred during your vacation. I have brought the situation to the attention of the General Manager who is taking all steps needed to make sure a situation such as this does not happen again. Guest satisfaction is the Oak Ridge Lodge highest priority.

Again I do apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced during your stay with us and I do hope that you will give the Oak Ridge Lodge another chance.