“Best bargain, best location”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Pagosa Springs
Reviewed 14 December 2011

This facility is right across the street from The Springs Resort which has the best hot spring pools I have ever been to. And the rooms at Oak Ridge Lodge are less than half the price! I have stayed at The Springs in the past and the price difference is just not worth it. And I have stayed in rooms at The Springs that are a further walk to the pools than walking across the street from Oak Ridge. It is so close I was walking back and forth in flip flops, bathing suit and robe in a snow storm! The room was very comfortable, clean, and quiet. The only negative thing was the hair dryer they provided did not work. I chose not to use any of their other amenities, like their hot pool, hot tub and free Continental breakfast, so I can't comment on them.

One general comment about Pagosa Springs...they need more restaurants. I seem to always find myself there on a Monday during a snow storm. And my experience is that most of their restaurants are closed on Monday nights. But see my review of The Rose for a fabulous breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank AlwaysMexicoDreamin

Reviewed 29 November 2011

Stayed Thanksgiving weekend 2011. Picked it because it's across the street from the springs & a lot cheaper. But you get what you pay for. Hot tub was broken which is a serious downer on a ski trip (& staff didn't seem to be in a hurry to get it fixed). Sauna didn't work either. Free "continental" breakfast was bare bones; $4 gets you eggs & meat. Quantity, not quality; we went elsewhere after the 1st morning. No extra blankets available. Didn't replenish shampoo, soap, etc., on subsequent days. Wife couldn't handle the bed (her back) & slept on couch. TV was old CRT w/fuzzy picture. First hotel stay in Pagosa Springs so I don't know the local standards vs. price, but we'll be skiing at Wolf Creek this winter & we're going to (hopefully) find a better place.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank NMBomber
OakRidgeLodge, Director of Sales at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2011

Dear valued guest,

I am sorry for the inconvenience that you accrued during you stay with us. We know how much our guest enjoy the hot tub and sauna here at the Oak Ridge Lodge, which is why we made sure that any issues that accrued during the busy holiday were taken care of in a timely fashion. The maintenance staff was able to fix the issue of the hot tub very quickly and I am happy to say that it is running fine.

We do offer a free continental breakfast in the mornings to our guests; however we also provide hot upgrade options and a breakfast menu for our guest to choose from for a small fee.

The staff at the Oak Ridge Lodge takes pride in providing professional and quality care to our guests and hope that you will think about staying with us again.

Reviewed 23 November 2011

The staff at this hotel is outstanding, very helpful and very pleasant. The rooms, however, leave a lot to be desired especially for the price. My room had holes in the wall that were poorly patched, the air conditioner/heater was loud and temerature control was poor. The telephone looked like it had not been cleaned EVER, I wanted to boil my hands and my ear after using it. The bath mat had a hole in it, and the heat lamp in the bathroom did not work. Speaking of the bathroom, the shower was weak and the water temperature would change repeatedly, probably every time someone flushed a toilet -- I had to quickly move out of the water stream to avoid getting scalded. The continental breakfast was also pretty bad, the fruit looked like it was leftover garnish from the bar, but if you are ok with a hard boiled egg and some toast then it will do fine, and the coffee cake was very good. With the exception of the phone, the room was clean, although in desperate need of renovation. The beds are very soft and sag in the middle, my back was killing me after two nights. All things considered, if the price were lower (by at least 40%) I might consider staying there again, the location is good and as I said, the staff is outstanding.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Check-in was fast and friendly, room was clean and modern, the continental breakfast was good but we upgraded for only $3.99, Excellent. Free coffee in room is a big plus for us with microwave and fridge. We will be back.

Room Tip: Have not had abad one yet.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank YoshiNebraska
Reviewed 31 October 2011

My husband and I stayed here in December 2010. We booked the hotel based on the pictures and reviews we read online. We wanted a comfortable, clean room that preferably came with hot breakfast and is not very pricey(more than $100). Oak Ridge lodge somewhat matched our expectations. It did not come with a breakfast included but there was a restaurant in the lodge that had some options. But be careful when you pick items from the menu, they are not priced at the "breakfast specials" rate. The room could have been better in terms of cleanliness but it wasn't very bad. This place is good if you are not planning to spend a lot of time inside the room and you just need a place to crash. Also, it is just opposite the Springs Resort where we went to enjoy the hot springs. So we ended up paying a fraction for the room( rooms in Spring Resort were very pricey when we looked) and enjoyed the hot springs for $20 per person for the whole day. Definitely a good bargain.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ViRaNa
Reviewed 28 October 2011

I spend several weeks a year in various hotels across the country and the Oak Ridge Lodge in Pagosa Springs, Colorado is one of the worse hotels I've stayed in!!! I recently attended a conference @ the hotel. I arrived late just minutes before the staff LEFT for the night @ 10 p.m. When I got to my room it was filthy i.e. hair in the bed, shower and toilet seat. After staying up all night I reported the situation to the front desk and they offered me another room. Which was better in as much as there was no visible hair. The hotel stated they do not compensate or reimburse. I would advise anyone thinking of staying at this hotel not to. This is a very run down worn out facility. In addition the staff need training in customer service, they act put upon. If possible I would rate this hotel less than terrible.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
OakRidgeLodge, Director of Sales at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

I apologize for the problems that you experienced when checking into the Oak Ridge Lodge.

Guest satisfaction is one of the hotels highest priorities. We take pride in making sure that our guest enjoys their stay with us by supplying a person that is on call during the hours that the front desk is close. The information for the on call person is posted right outside the main entrance to the building and on the front desk. The on call person is more than happy to take care of any situation that would arise during the night.

The Oak Ridge Lodge is in the process of renovating out rooms and common areas. I do hope that you give us another chance to show our guest satisfaction and to see the final results of the renovations.

Again I do apologize for the problems you encountered.

Reviewed 27 October 2011

After many days camping and hunting we came to town for a warm place to stay and get cleaned up everything we had was a mess including us,the staff went out of there way to make sure we had everything we needed to get all of are things back in order. great rate great staff next year we will make it a point to stay again

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends