“Pet friendly, expensive, good location”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Pagosa Springs
San Antonio, Texas
“Pet friendly, expensive, good location”
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I stayed here on vacation with my wife, three kids, and large dog. They are pet friendly, but our room was on the second floor and I hate taking the dog up the stairs and through the halls. Even so, the room with two double beds and a pull out couch was pretty spacious. The furnishings were a bit dated, but things were clean and nice. Internet was included. They have free breakfast, but we got there at 9:35AM and they were closed. The pool is a small indoor pool with springwater and is not chlorinated. There is a small deck.

By far, the best part of this place is it's proximity to Pagosa Springs. It is right across the street from the Hot Springs with easy access to the river to go swimming or tubing. There is a park 2 blocks away that was having music festivals and the strip of stores was in easy walking distance. The hotel was average, but the location made it worthwhile!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
New Mexico
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Nothing too spectacular. It was clean, bed was okay. Everything is looking a little dated. If you're a family, probably great for price and location to springs. W/ AARP discount, our room was $72 + tax. The bed was starting to show signs of sagging to middle. There's not a whole lot of choice for restaurants w/in walking distance, so be forewarned.

Room Tip: Rooms in 2nd building on south side are next to a church. We were on 2nd floor, very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Green Cove Springs, Florida
Reviewed 19 May 2012

The desk clerk Marvin was new when I called to make my reservation, and said that all rooms have fridge and microwave. When we arrived, it turned out that the room didn't have a microwave and fridge, so we were upgraded to a deluxe room at no additional charge. The room is quite spacious and the tiled bathroom and sink/counter area were both of good size. The beds were very comfortable.

We'd originally planned to stay just one night, but stayed for two because the location was so central, staff were so helpful and welcoming (and that was absolutely everyone, from the front desk to the janitorial staff), and the place was just so doggone charming. We had a great time.

In addition to a very basic continental breakfast, for $4, they offer a hot breakfast with either two eggs and hash browns or 2 large pancakes and (with either one) a choice among the usual breakfast meats. It was the best deal in town by far!

Also, they charge $15/pet, but it is a one-time fee, not per night, so if you're staying for several days, the pet fee can be quite a bargain.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank salish s
Blauvelt, New York
Reviewed 12 May 2012

We were in town for one night & the price was right! The room was clean. a little dated but, the beds were comfortable & the bathroom was very large & clean.
We were given a recommendation for dinner & it was a wonderful meal. Sorry, I know I am going to mess up the name but, if you ask for Hog's Breath Saloon (not in town) you won't be sorry you went!
Hey, what do you want for a free breakfast..it was the usual fare for a continental breakfast at a hotel. I can tell you for a $3.99 upgrade you can order pancakes, or eggs with home fries bacon or ham etc..we went that route & it was a decent breakfast.
All I have to say, is you can't please everybody..we enjoyed our stay for the one night!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lisa S
Albuquerque
Reviewed 10 May 2012 via mobile

This place was fine for what we paid. It was clean and quiet. The hotel,is located directly in the center of town so we were close to food and the hot springs. The indoor pool was nice and the staff is very friendly. I guess my only complaint was there was a small hole in the comforter.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
CO
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We were staying in a non-smoking room, and the person in room next to us was smoking POT all night- it had a conjoining room door so it seeped into our room and stunk it up- we couldn't stand it, d/t we have allergies & are subject to drug-testing at our jobs, so we called the front desk- this was about 10:15pm and it was a recording- went down to the front desk, it was closed up though the hours are supposed to be til midnight on a Sat night- rang the bell 20 times, looked all over for staff/help- nothing! went back to room, looked in binder, their rules in book state that their staff are available 24 hrs/day by calling "0" on room phone- we tried again and also the main hotel # and couldn't reach housekeeping, maintnenance or anyone- left several messages on recording. Finally had to go next door and take matters in our own hands to solve problem to ask the man to stop smoking pot as it as flowing in our room. Then had to turn fan on high which further aggravated allergies- got no sleep. When we checked out, let desk clerk know who then had me talk to the manager on the phone- she had basically no customer services skill in mgmt, because she wouldn't even listen to what I had to say, and immediately tried to put the blame on me the customer saying their rates our cheap/low, (so I guess they don't owe you any service or respect or give a crap what happens with your stay, basically you get what you deserve)- also tried to say front desk closes at 12, though this happened a little after 10- she then said that someone had an emergency so no one was available, she then came out to pull a sign out from behind the desk to show who/where to call after hours for emergency- did not see this sign anywhere when I went down to desk at night, it was all dark and gated up but no sign I could see- not my job to hunt all over for another # to call, book says to call "0" on phone- this should be forwarded to reach whoever is on call, or the # should be on the recording- no one should be expected to go down to the desk late at night in their underwear to search for someone or # to call- what if you were a 90 yr old lady or had a bunch of sleeping kids? Never stayed in a motel ever where you can't reach someone by pressing "0"! what if the toilet was overflowing or you lost your room key?? anything could happened, hotel guests should not be left unattended- any emergency could occur, not too mention why would you be closed at 10pm on a Sat night, when people could be stopping in to get a room?! Mgr was very rude and unprofessional, never apologized once- also she tried to say the man had a medial marijuana card (which I believe she only came up with bc I mentioned that is what the man told me) but when asked why he was in a non smoking room she said well they didn't know that? what so the man asked for a non smoking room and then told you after checking out that oh by the way he had a med card, doesn't make sense!! Rather than apologizing for the inconvenience and listening to our complaint calmly, she instead immediately blamed the customer like it was my fault, screamed at me, chased after me and followed to room telling me I had to leave, I thought she was going to hit me, what kind of mgmt is this?? WORST SERVICE & STAY EVER!

Room Tip: stay here only if you want zero service and a possible contact high
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank NUNZA
OakRidgeLodge, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
I hope you will allow a moment to read our response to this guest complaint.

First and formost, this guest not only did NOT pay anything for the night in question, but he also was not charged at all for the first night he stayed in which he had no incident. Customer service and satisfaction is our highest priority.

It is true that he was placed in a non smoking room. The gentleman that rented the room adjacent to him apparently was a medical marijuana paitent. He did not mention this to our staff, or we would have made sure he was in a smoking room in order to accomodate our non smoking guests.

On the evening in question, our front desk staff had an emergency, and had to leave early. We have signs with a phone number and extention of our on-call staff member for such problems. Why this guest did not see the clearly posted sign, I do not know. However, upon trying to speak to him the next day, he started screaming at me, calling me and my staff names, and physically intimidating my front desk staff. I will always do whatever I possibly can to help make anything we have done wrong, right. In this instance, although we had done nothing wrong, I still tried to make it right with this guest. It was only when he refused to stop screaming at me and my staff that I asked him to leave the property. Again, he WAS NOT CHARGED for either night, and although we think it is not the best idea for him to return to ur property, we do wish him well.

Travellers are raving about these Pagosa Springs hotels

Salida, CO
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Our room was the darkest room I have ever stayed in. Very dated! Employees seem to be locals who don't really care. Service was basically unprofessional. Also, employees seem to have friends that hang out with them while they work. I would never stay here again. Per friendly, but still not worth it. Free breakfast is not worth it.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MaryjenSalida_CO
OakRidgeLodge, Director of Sales at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Dear valued guest,

We do apologize for the issues that accrued during your stay at the Oak Ridge Lodge. Management has been informed of the issues that you experienced.

We have gotten many complements about the continental breakfast served at the Oak Ridge Lodge. Our guest enjoys the hard boiled eggs, choices of a variety of cereal and juices to name a few items on the breakfast buffet. We also offer a variety of choices for hot upgrades for our guest for the low price of $3.99 per person.

Again we do apologize for any problems that accrued during your stay and so hope that you will give the Oak Ridge Lodge another chance.