“Glad we Stayed!”

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Pagosa Springs
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Glad we Stayed!”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I made a last minute decision(with worry!) to book my family a room in the Oak Ridge Lodge. I had read the reviews here and I was trying to stay anywhere but there! I really wanted to be close to the hot springs but not have to pay the outrageous cost of the hotel The Springs Resort which is part of the hot springs. The other lodging also across the street was booked for our night, sooo.....I reluctantly made a reservation. Even when searching it was ominous, the Oak Ridge was even being pulled from online reservation sites!! I called the hotel directly and found out they are under new management, ahhhh....I see! Well, If you don't mind the antique/rustic mountian lodge/ 70's ish feel/ look(lots of dark paneling, dark wood and some uh, dated furniture) you can't beat the price and location!
Check in was great, they were veryy nice and helpful,gave us great tips on places to eat and cheaper hot spring options. We were in the North building on the first floor and the room was very nice! The bathroom looked to be recently updated. Beds were comfy and clean(could update the pillows), no bugs,nice amenitiess (ie-hair dryer, iron and iron board,coffee maker etc.
We were exhausted from a long day of travel and we were not disturbed by any hotel noise. We took 2 back to back showers(evening) and had plenty of hot water. Oh, they also gave us "goodie bags" with free samples and candy! Nice! BEST part...walking across the street in bathing suites and towels(bring your own, or pay $3 at resort) No driving, you can have the adult beverage and not have to drive!
A bonus, that I wasn't looking for, is they are PET friendly! They also have a continental breakfast (biscuits and gravy!!) We had made plans to eat out locally but it looked really good! There is a pool and hot tub (indoor) that were closed for repairs (last weekend in April) Game room. It looked very nice and well kept.
All in all I was very happy that I didn't get scared away! If you want to be close to downtown and walking distance(across the street )from the hot springs pools and not pay a resort price, check out the Oak Ridge!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank susane518
Buzzy H, Owner at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. With a new ownership comes new opportunities to make this property a very nice one for our guests. We have wonderful plans to update the hotel. Unfortunately, these changes don't happen over night. Our extensive hotel backgroud does make it an easier transition, however. Any concerns that our guests have are being addressed as quickly as possible. We look forward to the opportunity to become a valued part of the Pagosa Springs community!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
South Fork, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a lot in the past. It is a great value and location across the street from the springs and walking distance to several restaurants. This time wasn't so good. We went to the pool and swam some in the nice warm water then decided to go to the hot tub on the deck. The "Hot" tub was barely luke warm so we went to go back to the pool only to find we were locked out. My husband had to run around the hotel wet and cold to the front desk to get them to open the door. Who would think they need to carry their key in their swim suit? The next morning we were woken by someone vacuuming the hall. The restaurant and bar on site were closed due to management change. The rooms are clean enough but somewhat dated. The front desk clerk was very nice and helpful. I will probably stay again because of the value and location but will wait until the new owners get a few things figured out.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rebekah R
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 22 March 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights. I inquired about the "out of order" notes all over the laundry facility. There was never an explanation given for the laundry being out of order.

The bed skirts were filthy and literally falling off of the bed. They were mauve and the duvets were red and black. Not very attractive to say the least.

• Stayed March 2013
Los Alamos, New Mexico
Reviewed 18 February 2013

The staff was pleasant and cooperative. The heater in our room made so much noise that we had to turn it off and then wake up and turn it on when we got cold. The bathroom fan did not work. The hotel odor lets you know they allow smokers. The continental breakfast very skimpy.

Room Tip: Close to the Springs and much cheaper than the Springs hotel. Request a room in main building so yo...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Pagosa Springs hotels

Aztec, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed 13 February 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this motel a few times. The big reason we stay here is it's across the hot springs and sentimental value to the town. Every time we have stayed, the hotel staff was very helpful and kind. This last stay (2/12/13) was no exception. Very friendly and did what he could to get us the room we wanted.

We stayed in the King Deluxe room. My wife was thrilled about the pillows and the room was spacious.

The motel itself is clean and decent, although don't expect a higher class hotel. It's not fancy, but it is comfortable.

Room Tip: We've stayed in a few variations. I recommend the King Deluxe.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2013

The lodge is beautiful, and the staff was very welcoming. I would be awesome if the restaurant and bar hours could be extended, as both provided a wonderful experience. My overall stay was very enjoyable and relaxing.

• Stayed January 2013
Espanola, New Mexico
Reviewed 28 January 2013

After reading some negative reviews, I was skeptical when booking a room here, however I was impressed. Upon arrival, an employee named Christina greeted me. She was professional, fast, friendly and well-informed. I was able to check in a little early. My room was clean and had the basics. Wi-Fi was fast and free, the beds were soft and comfortable, location was perfect, and the 3.99 upgrade breakfast was a great deal with great service. The front desk also provided us with towels for the Springs. I will stay here again and recommend this place to my family and friends. This is not a first class resort, but it had everything and more that I would expect from a value level hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple