I made a last minute decision(with worry!) to book my family a room in the Oak Ridge Lodge. I had read the reviews here and I was trying to stay anywhere but there! I really wanted to be close to the hot springs but not have to pay the outrageous cost of the hotel The Springs Resort which is part of the hot springs. The other lodging also across the street was booked for our night, sooo.....I reluctantly made a reservation. Even when searching it was ominous, the Oak Ridge was even being pulled from online reservation sites!! I called the hotel directly and found out they are under new management, ahhhh....I see! Well, If you don't mind the antique/rustic mountian lodge/ 70's ish feel/ look(lots of dark paneling, dark wood and some uh, dated furniture) you can't beat the price and location!
Check in was great, they were veryy nice and helpful,gave us great tips on places to eat and cheaper hot spring options. We were in the North building on the first floor and the room was very nice! The bathroom looked to be recently updated. Beds were comfy and clean(could update the pillows), no bugs,nice amenitiess (ie-hair dryer, iron and iron board,coffee maker etc.
We were exhausted from a long day of travel and we were not disturbed by any hotel noise. We took 2 back to back showers(evening) and had plenty of hot water. Oh, they also gave us "goodie bags" with free samples and candy! Nice! BEST part...walking across the street in bathing suites and towels(bring your own, or pay $3 at resort) No driving, you can have the adult beverage and not have to drive!
A bonus, that I wasn't looking for, is they are PET friendly! They also have a continental breakfast (biscuits and gravy!!) We had made plans to eat out locally but it looked really good! There is a pool and hot tub (indoor) that were closed for repairs (last weekend in April) Game room. It looked very nice and well kept.
All in all I was very happy that I didn't get scared away! If you want to be close to downtown and walking distance(across the street )from the hot springs pools and not pay a resort price, check out the Oak Ridge!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly Renovated, Full service hotel with great amenities. Historic Downtown location next to the deepest hot springs in the world. Free Hot Breakfast w/ cook to order omelette station, Free Wi fi, Indoor salt water swimming pool. Children under 12 stay free. Pets allowed in designated areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Choice Hotels, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oak Ridge Hotel Pagosa Springs
- Oak Ridge Pagosa Springs
- Quality Inn Pagosa Springs, Colorado