“Awful, Awful, Awful!! Stay Away!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Pagosa Springs
Colorado Springs, CO
“Awful, Awful, Awful!! Stay Away!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2008

This place is the worst place to stay in! Verbally abused. Motel 6 would be better. Overcharged, staff children running around, bad pool, cold hot tub, no hot breakfast...When we checked in, the room smelt like stale smoke, the carpet was pulled up exposing the dirty floor and the TV didn't work. When we went to the front desk, they said the only room they could stick us in for the 4 nights was a deluxe but we wouldn't be charged for it. We checked on this 3 times during our sad stay and were guaranteed we had the original price we paid on Priceline. Upon checkout, we were charged for the upgrade. When asking for the manager, she told us to wait while she cooked her breakfest. Bad sign. We informed her of this mistake along with the other issues; No hot breakfest as advertised; just cereal and watered down juice, lights going out in the evening and the HOUSEKEEPING bringing their CHILDREN in to work. We watched in horror as they ran from room to room while we collected our snacks etc... for our kids and packed them up each morning in our car. After telling this to management, she proceeded to yell at me that "she personally hires the staff and trusts them AND their families." When I told her "great, but I don't know them" she commented that "she, herself could be the biggest theif of all and I wouldn't know it." She also said we were aware of the upgrade charge and agreed to it. She did not take it off our bill so I disputed the charge with my credit card company as suggested by Pagosa Springs' Chamber of Commerce!! They were mortified by our story. I don't know where she received her management etiqette but this was way past verbal abuse! If we had not paid upfront for the hotel, I would have left immediately. Save yourself the major headace and stay somewhere else.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank tigger2865

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
nj
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2008

This hotel was recommended in my AAA travel guide. My experience was awful. The front desk was rude. They charged more than what they quoted over the phone. The hotel is very run down and filthy. There were bugs in the room.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Pagosa Springs hotels

Parker, CO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2008

We got a non-smoking king deluxe room and it was nice. The bed was comfortable, we had a couch with coffee table and desk. The room was clean and housekeeping did a good job. The greatest perk is it is right across the street from the hot springs and within walking distance of good restaurants - Our favorites - Victoria's Reign for brunch/lunch, Kip's Grill and Cantina for good tacos, and Tequila's Family Restaurant for great fajitas and awesome view of the river and hot springs. We had a great time.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
Cortez, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2008

Stayed at the Oak Ridge for the second time this weekend and had wonderful service! I am disabled, on oxygen 24/7, which necessitates bringing along my cumbersome oxygen concentrator machine, which is pretty heavy. Received wonderful, speedy assistance getting this up to our room, on both of our visits. On this trip we found our microwave unplugged, and when we attempted to us it, it started to spark! We unplugged it, contacted the Front Desk, and within minutes, the Desk Clerk arrived, lugged the defective machine away, and came back with another. She was the only person on duty, but apparently felt it important enough to help us immediately. That night, my friend became quite ill, throwing up most of the night, (which had absolutely nothing to do with this establishment in any way,) and asked me to bring her home and to the hospital. I called the Front Desk and asked what we could do about our reservation for one more night, to which she said that we could have a free night on our next trip, or they would refund our money, and we chose a free night. Then, I needed help getting all of our belongings taken down to our car, as I couldn't get everything down there by myself. The stairs were too steep for me to make multiple trips, but within five minutes, a very pleasant young man arrived. He carried my oxygen machine downstairs, followed by all the rest of our luggage. I was able to assist my friend down to the car on my own, and get her back home and to the hospital.

What a great place to stay!!! We go up there to enjoy the hot springs, and they were just a short walk across the street! The rooms were clean and neat, and I loved the color scheme. It is an older hotel, but quite comfortable, especially considering my extra needs due to my disability. We hope to have a first floor room the next time, but that won't stop us from returning. Wonderful, friendly staff and community residents!

Stayed April 2008
nm
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2008

The hotel charged 28% more than the price listed on hotel.com. The representative is not friendly at all. No hot water in the room for almost 1 hour in the evening. Called twice. No explanation, just said they are working on that. Hot breakfast is just so so. Said free, but there is charge for drink. We ordered 2 orange juice and 1 milk. They changed $5. We don't think we will stay there again.

Stayed March 2008
Portland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2008

This place is a dump. Rated as a 2-star motel by Priceline. This place is worse than any 1-star motel I've stayed at. Very run down motel. The pool & hot tub were closed due to electrical problems. I spoke to a man working on the pool who told me the electrician never showed up and he didn't know when the pool/hot tub would be working. There was a computer in the lobby available to guests that was not working and front desk clerk had no clue when that would be fixed. During the night the toilet in the room above me flooded my bathroom, I kept hearing running water, kept me up all night, I discovered the leak about 1 am. Then in the morning there was no water pressure in the bathroom and had to call maintenance again. I have never stayed in a worse dump.

• Disliked — repair issues not being delt with
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
Socorro, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2008

I've been coming to this hotel for 10 years now. Even when it was a Best Western, it was still a DIVE hotel.. You can't expect more than a motel 6 type building. In defense, the new owners have upgraded bedding and furniture. The staff are kind, even if a little odd.

LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. Cheapest place to ski/soak. You can walk across and soak night or day. I agree with previous poster though. I wouldn't bring my upper crust family, but for the die-hard skier who wants to stay on a budget, this is the place. Free hot breakfast included cooked to order eggs with bacon or ham... I received my free stay by redeeming Citibank Thank You points. It was awesome!

Again, if you can look past some of the oddities, you'll be fine!

• Liked — Location!
  • Disliked — Slow Plumbing
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple