Quality Inn
Econo Lodge - Pagosa Springs(Pagosa Springs)(Great Value!)
US$100
EconoLodge
Pagosa Springs Inn and Suites(Pagosa Springs)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$112
Official Site
Alpine Inn(Pagosa Springs)(Great Value!)
US$87
Hotwire.com
First Inn of Pagosa(Pagosa Springs)
US$100
Hillside Inn(Pagosa Springs)
US$127
Hotwire.com
High Country Lodge(Pagosa Springs)
Wyndham Pagosa(Pagosa Springs)
Motel SOCO(Pagosa Springs)
TripAdvisor
San Juan Motel(Pagosa Springs)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshot springsroom was cleandirectly across the streetthe riverwithin walking distancefree breakfastbiscuits and gravywolf creekindoor poolstayed one nightdefinitely stay here againdowntown areacoffee makerorlamicrowavepets
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Will stay here again; very nice quiet rooms just across from the main hot springs, good free breakfast. The water-conserving practices are a relief - who would change their sheets everyday at home anyway? A card explains that the default is that sheets/towels are changed every 3 days or something like that. We were in the most basic room and there were two comfortable chairs in the room and a little desk allowed me to do some work. No microwave or fridge in the most basic room.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank J_N_SW86001
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I was a little leery about staying here because of the other negative reviews, but I have to say our concerns pretty quickly alleviated. The staff was super friendly and helpful, the manager was easy to find for any issues, and again super helpful and friendly. The room was clean, the beds were extremely comfortable, the shower had hot water, good water pressure, and again was clean. They had a full hot breakfast that I was pretty impressed with as well.

The ONLY reason I gave it a 4 star instead of 5 is because of a few things that weren't working. Our door key must have needed new batteries- because none of our key would work. But Matt (the manager)fixed the situation for us. The hot tub was also out of order- but again it is working on being fixed. The whole hotel is in the process of a remodel, so I think the minor issues we did have will be worked out pretty soon. Loved it and we will def be staying again. Don't be scared off by the older (crappier) reviews. We were quite satisfied and felt like it was an excellent deal.

Room Tip: Ask for a deluxe room- you get a micro, fridge, and a little more space.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We just stayed at the hotel. The location of the hotel is good, just next to the hot springs. The hotel looks old and not attractive. Even though I told the front desk that we have four set of towels since there were 4 guests in the room, we still received three set of towels in the room. The complimentary breakfast was bad, toaster did not work, they did not refill the food. You basically had to eat at 6:30 am when they put out food. If you went after 7:30 am, not much food left. There was a young lady got drunk, throw up and slept on the hallway. The hotel staff just did not bother to check which room she was in and just simply put her in one of the empty hotel rooms. One of the night, there were a group of people playing and eating food in their cafeteria. The next night people were told that they were not allowed to use the cafeteria in the evening. The hotel wall was so thin that you could hear people talking next door.

There are many other nice hotels and rental homes in Pagosa Springs and will NOT stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JZ52057_2
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We were looking for a centre of town (ish), Hotel with Dble bedded room & bath for ONE night, some super and a beer and we were not prepared to pay the earth or over the odds (the establishment almost opposite stunned us with their Offer of a Discounted Room to $400 and NO Breakfast). We had driven 267 miles to get here from Tijeras, NM (off I.40) and it was getting late in the day

We had super out and a drink, and found this place perfectly acceptable. Room had Double bed, TV, AC, Ice Machine along the corridor and a functional Bathroom (small and not very modern).
For the price, it was fine.

Major laugh was their back-door, which refused to allow Entry no matter how much effort was put into it and how many Card Keys were used.

Pagosa Springs is a Spa town (or so it claims) due to the Hot Springs. For those unused to such things, that means it smells really badly and lots of folks think they reside in a privileged and exotic place so they can hike their prices, abandon service, and behave pretty disagreeably.

That was not evident in Oak Ridge Lodge, but was quite apparent elsewhere. I add that to the criteria by which comparisons are made - by me/us anyway.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Safariholic
Reviewed 14 November 2013

My son and I have been staying at Oak Ridge Lodge for the last few years during ski trips to Wolfcreek, which by the way has THE BEST SNOW in Southern Colorado. The hotel is simple, nothing fancy about it, but clean and easy to get to the mountains from.
Of course, we would rather have stayed at the more exclusive Springs Hotel right across the street, which includes free 24 hour use of the hot springs, but ever since a new owner has taken over, their prices have simply gone through the roof. I can stay for three nights at Oak Ridge Lodge what one night at the Springs Hotel would cost. You have to decide for yourself what's what. If you're on a budget, and not too picky I would definitely recommend Oak Ridge Lodge.
The included breakfast we have skipped every time because there are several nice breakfast places just a short walking distance from the hotel, which all serve way better food. One night we tried the hotel restaurant pizza, and we ended up laughing so hard, because it was the worst pizza we've ever had, more like cardboard that anything else. The pool tables are ok though, and have a nice CO microbrew beer to go with it.
If I feel like soaking at the hot springs for about $20 or so, I just hop right across the street, bring my own towel, slippers, bathing suit, voila ;-) Check it out!

Room Tip: If you need wireless internet, you need to get a room facing the office across the street.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family