What a disappointment this hotel was. On the upside, the front desk staff were courteous and efficient. And the location is great in terms of walking to the river, hot springs, and downtown.
Now the down side: This hotel is worn out and in desperate need of a makeover. Here's a list of a bunch of the things wrong with my room (but not an exhaustive list):
1. An open electrical outlet with wires sticking out
2. A light switch that didn't activate on overhead light
3. The bureau top on which the TV sits is missing an extensive amount of the surface
4. The hollowcore bathroom door was chipped up and had a hole in it
5. The "we're going green" sticker on the door was peeling off and someone had written "Bull" on it
6. Saggy bed
7. When I got into the room around 4pm, the room was stiflingly warm. I turned on the airconditioner and the room was barely cool enough by the time I went to sleep
8. Even the hotel pad of paper on the night stand was water stained and "wrinkled" from the water after it dried.
9. Let's just say the toilet wasn't clean to usually hotel standards.
So in summary, this hotel is WORN OUT and the management obviously doesn't care enough to fix some really simple things (like cover the electrical outlet, put a new sticker over the old one, replace the paper on the night stand, etc.). Things that take 15 minutes total would have resolves more than half of these things.
Do yourself a favor - for the same price, patronize a local mom and pop hotel that cares about its appearance, the cleanliness of its rooms, etc. I certainly won't be staying at the Quality Inn again in Pagosa Springs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly Renovated, Full service hotel with great amenities. Historic Downtown location next to the deepest hot springs in the world. Free Hot Breakfast w/ cook to order omelette station, Free Wi fi, Indoor salt water swimming pool. Children under 12 stay free. Pets allowed in designated areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oak Ridge Hotel Pagosa Springs
- Oak Ridge Pagosa Springs
- Quality Inn Pagosa Springs, Colorado