“Fantastic!”

Meadery of the Rockies
Ranked #6 of 33 things to do in Palisade
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: As Colorado's first and most bee-loved meadery, Meadery of the Rockies makes an array of honey based wines. We start with pure, raw orange blossom honey, then ferment it. We also craft fruit wine and honey wine blends. They're blends of mead and fruit wines such as blackberry, strawberry and peach. We also carry fortified dessert wines. Mead is one of the oldest alcoholic drinks known to man and has a rich and interesting history. Stop by our tasting room in the heart of Palisade, CO to learn more and have complementary tastes of our mead.
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 21 June 2012

My husband and I truely enjoyed the Meadery. We can honestly say that it was our FAVORITE place on our wine tasting trip. We HIGHLY recommend it to everyone. We even had to go back to get an extra bottle so that I had "enough" to take home with me. The inside was decorated to beautifully and the staff was amazing!

1  Thank Kelli B

Reviewed 17 June 2012

My husband and I just traveled to the Palisade area and tried some of the wineries. The Meadery was by far the best one that we visited! The wines were very good, offering some unique flavors that we hadn't tried before. I wish we lived closer so that we could visit this winery more often.

Reviewed 23 May 2012

Delicious mead. I got a bottle of the King Arthur stuff, which they described as "off-dry," and my mead-hating friends actually were impressed. Kudos.

1  Thank 308DavidA
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I stopped off at this winery in Palisade and I have to say I wasn't familiar with what a mead was until then nor honey wine. But I can say, if you haven't tried it and you enjoy dessert wines, DO IT!!! You will love it!! The honey mead was incredible and I've bought several bottles now based on the taste. They also sell a lot of other items made with fresh honey and decorative items. The staff was very accommodating in trying their wines too, which made it a very enjoyable visit. If you are traveling thru Palisade, put this on your places to stop. Enjoy!

1  Thank SK725
Reviewed 21 May 2012

One of my fave stops. We bought the Camelot, Blackberries N honey, and their chocolate cherry satin. It taste just like a cherry cordial candy.

Very friendly staff, 5 free samples and reasonable prices.

They also have amazing honey lotion. I had to get a few of them. :)

1  Thank pretty-as-a-peacock