Canyon Wind Cellars - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Nice wine in a positively beautiful setting

I can't say enough about the beauty of this area. The Colorado river supplies water to this valley... read more

Reviewed 3 July 2016
Trainman334
Denver, Colorado
Unexpected surprise!

Reviewed 12 June 2016
DenverExplorer2016
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

My husband and I were traveling through Palisade and had time for one quick stop. We picked Canyon Wind Cellars and are so grateful we did. Kris talked us through a lovely tasting and the wines were surprisingly less fruity than than we've come to expect with Colorado wines. We even bought a few bottles to bring home. If you are in the area, stop by and check out this gem!

Reviewed 19 March 2016 via mobile

Pam in the tasting room is always pleasant and knowledgeable about the wines. The Anemoi wines are definitely a must to try.

Reviewed 19 February 2016

Happen to drive by Canyon Wind Winery on our way back to Steamboat Springs. Never really liked Colorado wines since the ones I've tasted tend to be on the "fruity" side and both my husband and I like more dry wines. But, the vineyard looked really nice and we stopped. So glad we did. The first wine we tasted, a red blend, my husband and I looked at each other and we knew this was not the typical Colorado "fruity" wine. A hint of fruit, oakie and a great finish...and this wasn't even their better wine. We tasted all of their wines and bought some. Loved it so much, we stopped by just a couple months later on our way back from a camping trip.
Great wines. Worth a stop in Palisade and visit Canyon Wind.

Reviewed 19 November 2015

Stopped by this winery on our way home from Colorado to California and WOW what a great choice that was! We were traveling with our young dog and we weren't sure if she would be welcome. So we were a bit slow to go inside. Well one of the ladies came out with a big smile and invited us and our pup in! We enjoyed a very generous number of wines to taste. We purchased a few we really liked and got plenty of dog treats too! It was such a beautiful location too! Loved every minute there!

Jay C, Owner at Canyon Wind Cellars, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2015

So glad that we were able to make you and your pup welcome! We hope the the next time you are through to see you and your dog again! Thanks for the great review!

Jay C.
Owner / Winemaker

Reviewed 18 October 2015

Beautiful location and beautiful vineyard. We tasted outside and the setting was so pretty. The wines were plentiful with their specialty in dry reds. They had a nice range of age, complexity, and price point and we walked away with many....even a wine that gives back to the local pet adoption and you get a free stuffed animal of their wine dog with it! Might sound gimmicky but the wine was good and our little guy fell in love with the dog and the toy before we even knew what it was about. So everyone walked away with something at this winery!

Jay C, Owner at Canyon Wind Cellars, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2015

So glad that you enjoyed the visit! We totally agree that the stuffed Finley are a little over the top, but Finley (the real one) loves them too much! Thanks for the great review and especially thanks for helping us support Animal Rescue of the Rockies - we all appreciate it! If you are ever in the area again let us know, we'd love to see you again!

Jay C.