“Right off the interstate!”

Grande River Vineyards & Winery
Ranked #9 of 33 things to do in Palisade
More attraction details
Owner description: Grande River Vineyards...Gateway to Colorado's Wine Country and Colorado's Premium Winegrowing Estate offers tours and wine tasting daily of our European varietal wines made in the traditional style from Colorado grown fruit. Hours 9:00am to 5:00pm daily (362 days per year). Just off I-70 at Exit 42 in beautiful Palisade, Colorado. Stop in and see Colorado's Solar Powered Winery and taste a few of our award winning wines!
Palisade, Colorado, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Right off the interstate!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

One of the originals. I believe they make some of the wines for Wine Country inn. A good first (or only) stop..tho' Palisade has many great wine venues to offer.

Visited April 2014

Parker, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Poor wine and poor service”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I was not impresed with this winery and would not recommend stopping there. When I arrived the cashier was busy with a customer and another employee had to come downstairs to help me. She made me feel like I was interupting her work to taste their wines. The wines I tried were not very good. You only get three tastes for free, which is not much when they have approximately 10 different varieties. It is hard to find a bottle to buy when you only get to try three wines and they are all very different varieties and blends. Perhaps if I had tried more, I would have found one I liked. I went to another winery after that and they stated that you got five tastes for free and they actually ended up giving me eight tastes for free so I could try more of their wines. I ended up buying several bottles there because I found multiple ones I liked.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank codylaw
Riverdale, North Dakota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“One more Place to Stop”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I have stopped by and/or made special trips when in Denver to Palisade for the tasting and purchasing of what I consider fine wine. I make annual trips in the fall September/October and have made it a must to visit Grand River Vineyards. Last September (2012) we were given a tour of the winery and were able to sample many of the different grapes used. This October (2013) I made it a special point to stop by and sample the different wines and in doing so left with 2 cases of Desert Blush, Reserve Merlot, Sweet Red & Tawny Merlot Port.

For those who enjoy fine wines, it is a must to stop by and see what is being offered by Grande River Vineyards. Easy on/off Interstate access and a great place to share some time and be able to atke home some great wine.

Visited October 2013
Denver, CO
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 176 helpful votes
“Okay wines...”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

you're limited in number of samples to 3 so you must choose wisely or pay for additional.

I chose right and ultimately liked their Cabernet Franc the best.

Staff was friendly even late in the day and offered up recommendations for restaurants as we had just hit town.

Visited October 2013
Westminster, Colorado
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Good Wines in a Good Atmosphere”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Enjoyed several wines in the tasting room of Grande River Winery, good tasting wines, We ended up buying wines and a bottle of infused olive oil and the artichoke pesto sauce,

Visited July 2013