“Nice winery with welcoming staff”

Grande River Vineyards & Winery
Ranked #10 of 33 things to do in Palisade
More attraction details
Owner description: Grande River Vineyards...Gateway to Colorado's Wine Country and Colorado's Premium Winegrowing Estate offers tours and wine tasting daily of our European varietal wines made in the traditional style from Colorado grown fruit. Hours 9:00am to 5:00pm daily (362 days per year). Just off I-70 at Exit 42 in beautiful Palisade, Colorado. Stop in and see Colorado's Solar Powered Winery and taste a few of our award winning wines!
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Very nice winery with helpful staff.

Wines from the western slope tend to be on the fruity side, but I had good wines previously from Grande Vineyards and wanted to visit the physical location. Everyone gets 3 complimentary tastings. The tasting area itself isn't very large, and it was a bit crowded that afternoon given that it was the same weekend as the Peach Fest.

I'm a red wine person, but we walked out of there with a bottle of delicious viognier. I was a little disappointed I didn't find a good enough red, but I view this as expanding my palate. Given the large impressive entrance doors, I guess I was expecting something a little more "grand;" based on previous experiences at some other wineries, I had hoped to be able to purchase a platter of cheese, sausage, and bread or something to go with a glass of wine - you know, sit outside and enjoy the vineyard. But alas, it was a much quicker, simpler experience.

GV is one of the larger vineyards in Colorado, and with their convenient location just off I-70, I recommend you stop by!

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"bottle"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 19 August 2014

The winery is located close to the highway and the Wine Country Inn. The wine is very good and they have some cute gift shop items. If you want to try their full line of wines, you can pay $9.95 and you get to keep the glass, otherwise you can do the free wine tasting that has limited samples.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Grand River Vineyards was our first stop on day #3 of the Palisades, CO wine trail. Grande River was first planted around 1987 and is one of the oldest vineyards in the area. They produce about 3-5 thousand cases per year and grow 8 different grape varietals.

Their grounds are well cared for and have the natural beauty of the Palisade Mountains as their backdrop.

They have a nice selection of wines to taste including some reserves, a Tawny Merlot Port, and a late harvest Viognier.

Grande River Vineyards offers a nice tasting experience and plenty of wines to taste and hopefully you’ll find your favorite!

The Traveling Winers at www.TheVineyardTrail.com

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This winery had a great selection of wines, many with multiple rewards. I especially enjoyed their "havin' a cow" red wine!