“Good Night's Sleep...Horrible Breakfast”

Holiday Inn Denver-Parker-E470/Parker Road
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Parker
Reviewed 16 September 2012

The Holiday Inn was nicely appointed in the lobby and guest rooms that appeared to be recently renovated.

The bed was comfortable, and guests had both soft and firm pillows to provide a customized sleep experience.

Good sized bathroom with a nice shower that was never without hot water.

The in-house restaurant/bar/lounge was nice and the food was great! (See my review of Trapper's Chop House for more info.)

The only complaint I have is about JP's, the breakfast area. Many of the plates/bowls on the buffet were dirty. The eggs were like eating a sponge. I had a piece of wheat toast with an individual package of peanut butter, and one of both of those foods had a metallic or chemical taste to them (I only ate two bites). An individual packet of honey was rock solid. A box of Fruit Loops was stale. A small carton of milk had chunks in it (not sure if it was ice chips or curdled, but it wasn't appetizing). Bottom line: Just say 'no' to JPs. Get breakfast elsewhere or skip it altogether.

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor below Trapper's Chop House have two distinct disadvantages: 1) it soun...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Denver-Parker-E470/Parker Road, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

Dear VineyardWoman,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review. I am delighted to know that our location and room accommodations were good enough for your needs. I apologize if you found your stay less than satisfactory due to the breakfast issues you experienced. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 17 July 2012 via mobile

Stayed on the second floor could have sworn they had the heater going on full blast in the hallway. No refrigerator. Room didn't have a shower curtain but once brought to attention they were very quick to handle. A/C in the room wasn't very efficient had to have them reset the breaker each night before bed. The doors also close very quickly made me incredibly nervous with my little ones fingers. However the staff was great and quick to do what they could. Still not worth the price.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Mrsunderwood08
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Denver-Parker-E470/Parker Road, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2012

Dear Mrsunderwood08,

We want to thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with such important information about your recent stay. We are delighted to read our staff were able to assist you and were quick to attend to your needs. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Your comment about the door was duly noted and will certainly be looked into. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 14 June 2012

We stayed three nights in a two queen bedded suite. The room, bathroom and all sheets and towels were very clean and new looking. It was nice having a small fridge with a freezer and a microwave since our son was attending a local football camp and was hungry and thirsty all of the time. Speaking of the football camp - the hotel restaurant opened up early so all of the kids could eat breakfast before camp started everyday. It was nice to know they cared about their guests.

There is a nice restaurant in the hotel and it was great having the Red Robin burger joint and the Saltgrass Steakhouse (which turned out to be a real hit with the boys) just across the parking lot. Parker is a nice little rural town and we felt right at home here.

Room Tip: The icemakers are very loud so I would suggest a room far away from both those and the elevators. I...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank alaskagirl
Reviewed 25 October 2011

This is a nice enough hotel and pretty new.
Pros: The rooms are pretty large and very clean. It's in a good location. Parker is about a 25 minute drive to downtown Denver. There are tons of hotels in walking distance to the hotel. The bathroom is nice and large enough. It also has a vanity mirror... the ones that you flip over to magnify everything. There is a steak restaurant inside the hotel that friends told me was really good. I did not get a chance to try it though. The hotel is pet friendly but charges a fee in order to allow your pet to stay. It's a pretty hefty fee compared to other hotels I've stayed at. The staff is very friendly.
Cons: The walls are so thin, I could hear my neighbor just blowing his nose even while I had the shower running. The internet is extremely slow. I was trying to download an audiobook on itunes and it took 20 minutes to get only about 20% complete. I was able to go to a Dairy Queen and download the entire book in 5 minutes. The bed just wasn't that comfortable. It seems to move a lot whenever I turned. The a/c didn't work as well as I would have liked and I got pretty warm during the night. This is a pretty new hotel (probably only a few years old) but it still had a large tube style television. I have stayed in hotels that weren't as new or nice and they had LCD.
Overall this isn't a terrible hotel but lacked a lot of things that I would expect in a newer hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chief_Gypsy
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Normally stay with another Hotel Chain, and were pleasantly surprised by our stay at the Parker Holiday Inn.
The Front desk staff were very efficient and helpful.
The morning breakfast staff put of a delightful spread.
The rooms were clean and roomy, we were on the 4th Floor.
We would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: The higher you go the better it gets. Always face the Mountains
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Well where do I began...? How does a hotel that looks so nice be so poor? The wifi is only attainable in certain areas of the hotel, close to the main lobby, and it is terribly slow. I was there for a few days, and always found myself being disturbed by the house keeping. They were nice but clean very late. I was there for a few days and would sometimes have leftovers, well they all had to be trashed because the place doesn't have refrigerators in the room. I didn't realize it was 1876. To make matters worse, the ice machine didn't work so that wasn't an option to keep the food cold. Very poor establishment. The fitness room was decent but not enough to make me EVER want ti stay in this hotel, maybe even not another holiday inn express.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrruKKuS
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Stayed for extended period of time...
Floors had red, sticky stuff everywhere- didn't want to take off my socks/shoes
Internet is below satisfactory, some floors you cannot access wireless
No refrigerators or microwaves in rooms, unless you pay for "upgrade"
Hotel restaurant was outrageously priced, not a "hang out, wind down" atmosphere
Housekeeping shut cord in nightstand drawer and nearly cut in half...
Ice maker on floor did not work for 2 weeks, next floor was out of ice

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank nonayab
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parker
Hampton Inn & Suites Parker
TownePlace Suites Denver South/Lone Tree
Best Western Plus Castle Rock
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver / South-RidgeGate
Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Aurora/Parker
Super 8 Parker/SE Denver Area

Been to Holiday Inn Denver-Parker-E470/Parker Road? Share your experiences!