“Great location, lovely accomodation, kind owners”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Willow Farm Barn

Willow Farm Barn-Full External Living room with TV and table with chairs
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Willow Farm Barn-Full External
Living room with TV and table with chairs
Living room with sofa bed and electric fire
Sofa bed set
Kitchen
Bathroom
Bedroom
Bedroom with beams, lighting and wardrobe
Nearby sheep
Nearby agricultural views and horses
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
rcturner9...
Essex, United Kingdom
“Great location, lovely accomodation, kind owners”
Reviewed 4 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017

We stayed over new years.
The accomodation itself is lovely, it was alot bigger then i expected, had its own parking, everything you could need. It was very clean and well looked after.
The owner is so lovely, and was there if we needed anything.

The area is a lovely village and Norwich is only a short easy drive away. The local pubs are very close by and do lovely food.

We had a lovely time here and would definately recommend it.

annetteme...
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Wonderful stay in Willow Farn Barn”
Reviewed 10 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017

Thank you so much Julie for making my visit personal, relaxing & comfortable. It really was home from home. The most beautiful settings & only 10 mins from the town, I would definitely stay here again, a real treat. Thank you for the provisions you left out, very helpful. I would like to wish you & your husband a very happy Christmas. Blessings Annette

Management Response
10 Dec 2017
Thank you Annette for your lovely review, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas too.
jujohn
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“A good choice in all respects”
Reviewed 21 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017

Outside Poringland, south of Norwich, walking distance of a pub. Very well appointed recent conversion into a holiday home. Immaculately clean, warm and comfortable. Exceptionally comfortable bed. High quality linens and towels.
Generous array of food in welcome package plus a good number of basics such as mayo and ketchup in the fridge. The bottle of wine was much appreciated.
Plenty of toiletries in bathroom and a range of cleaning materials.
Large TV with Netflix connection.
Pleasant outlook onto farm. Friendly owners.
Would happily return.

Jennifer...
“Ideal rural location with easy access to A47 & Norwich.”
Reviewed 23 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Willow Farm Barn was exactly what I hoped for on my recent visit to Norfolk. It was very comfortable & well-appointed - a real "home-from-home"! The location a few miles south of Norwich just off the Bungay Road provided a perfect balance of rural peace & quiet with good access to the city & to the Norfolk countryside & coast. It was great to wake in the morning to a view of horses & sheep grazing in open fields.
My hosts, David & Julie, were most welcoming, helpful & friendly & I was delighted to find that they had left a good supply of provisions for my stay - including a bottle of wine & a box of chocolates! There was even a lovely vase of fresh flowers on the table.
Thank you for an enjoyable holiday at willow Farm Barn - I'd love to go back next time I visit my family in Norfolk. With best wishes from Jenny.

Your age range 65+
Sheila180...
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent accommodation”
Reviewed 21 October 2017 for a stay in April 2017

We have now stayed 5 times visiting family nearby. We would thoroughly recommend it to couples or families. The accommodation is warm comfortable and homely and of a very high standard The welcome pack is exceptional.

Rebecca S
Roybridge, United Kingdom
“Perfect home from home”
Reviewed 13 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Spent a lovely couple of nights at Willow Farm Barn. The lodge is decorated and equipped to a very high standard, the photos don't even do it justice as the rooms are quite spacious and the owners provide everything to make the stay very comfortable.

Jock441
Daventry, United Kingdom
“Perfect hastle free accomodation within easy access to the Norfolk Broads”
Reviewed 11 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

I was looking for a location near to the Norfolk Broads from where I could travel with ease and not over great distance to the many RSPB and Wildlife Centres located throughout The Broads.

The location of Willow Farm Barn was perfect for my needs but what clinched my decision to book was that I read all of the reviews and was most impressed by all of the comments relating to the accommodation and the owners. Could it really be that good? The short answer is yes.

The reason for my stay was to get out onto The Broads and do as much walking and photography as I could, I had contacted Julie prior to my arrival to ask if they minded if I accessed their farmland in search of wildlife, Julie very kindly agreed to my request.

Upon my arrival I was greeted by Julie who turned out to be as kind and friendly as she had been described in the other reviews. Before I had seen the accommodation she took the time to give my a tour of the farm which was absolutely fascinating and much appreciated. (The goats that I thought were sheep that looked like poodles were lovely, worth going there just to see them!)

The accommodation was everything I could have wanted, clean, homely, comfortable, warm, with all that you could need for a self catering stay. As mentioned in the other reviews, Julie kindly provides a welcome feast for you for your arrival which went down a treat over the five nights that I stayed there, top marks for the Maryland Cookies (they didn't last five nights!)

The location as I said is within easy reach of The Broads and also Norfolk itself. The local town of Poringland is only a mile away and has a good selection of local amenities on offer; grocery shops, garage, pub, Chinese Takeaway, American Diner, Fish and Chip shop and more. There is a Pub about 50 metres away from the farm which does a good selection of food, as well as this pub there are numerous other pubs in the local area who all cater for eating.

I would recommend visiting the following locations if interested in nature, wildlife, walking;
RSPB Strumpshaw Fen - Nice reserve with on site centre, toilets and refreshments.
Ted Ellis Nature Reserve Wheatfen - Nice walks with on site centre (check opening times) and toilets.
Thrigby Hall Wildlife Gardens - Good day out, nicely laid out walks around the gardens with a reasonable selection of wild animals in well laid out enclosures. Restaurant, toilets, gift shop and play areas all on site.
How Hill Nature Reserve - Make your way to Toad Hole Cottage to access the nature trail and Secret Garden. There are toilets on site but refreshments are seasonal opening at How Hill House (check timings)

All in all I had a wonderful time in The Broads and would love to return when the wildlife is more active and I will certainly be looking to stay at this location again if it is available.

One footnote if you do decide to stay at Willow Farm Barn, watch out for the hob extractor hood.....it bites! It got me on a daily basis, my head has the scars to prove it, silly me really, I should have learned after the first time I tried to knock it off the wall with my head!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing