“Love it!”

Goose Berry Patch
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Penrose
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Denver, Colorado
“Love it!”
Reviewed 2 February 2013

While moving to Penrose from Pueblo, I made several trips back and forth and often didn't feel much like cooking. I stopped one afternoon to get a bite to eat and fell in love with the place. Friendly people, wonderful food and service and just felt at home with all the good food I could ask for. Price is very fair and have been back several times since, just because it was so good.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank DOS01

“Great home cookin!”
Reviewed 20 January 2013 via mobile

Sunday buffet fabulous with fresh fruit and all homemade meatloaf, fried chicken, roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy, desserts. A lovely atmosphere, very sweet
And the Pies!!! So good!

2 Thank Sparklebunny1212
Canon City Colorado
“Mediocre quality.”
Reviewed 29 June 2012

This is not a very good buffet, but it's the only one close to Canon City. They don't change the menu around much. It's a small selection, and frequently the food stays on the steam table too long. The desserts are above average. I prefer to make the drive to Pueblo or the Springs.
All the buffets there are better.

Visited February 2012
Pueblo, CO
“Hillbilly Heaven”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Upon entering Goose Berry Patch's lobby I was first struck by the "rustic" decor, creaking uneven floors, and claustrophobic lobby. We were warmly greeted and directed to sit "wherever." I passed by a medium-sized buffet boasting fried chicken, spaghetti, roast beef, and salad.

I started with a salad. I selected lettuce (iceberg), beets, black olives, egg, and parmesan cheese. I topped this with a surprising choice- creamy, low-fat raspberry viniagrette. I followed with roast beef and spaghetti. The beef was braised, so it's texture was difficult to discern from pot roast. This aside, it was tasty. Next, spaghetti. Blech. Awful. The worst part was the pasta- over cooked linguine! My husband said the fried chicken was delicious, not quite finger lickin', but good.

The waiter was a jovial Bob's Big Boy twin. He was prompt, pleasant, and helpful. My iced tea was always kept full. My husband was vexed to receive a can of coke instead of a bottomless fountain drink. The most disappointing part of the meal was the dessert: little plastic cups full of various colored pudding like "goo." Pie is not included in the buffet, which at $10.95 for lunch; I feel a slice should be included.

Warning- do NOT take a date here unless you both shop at Shepler's Western Wear. I kept expecting Jed Clampett and his clan to come walking through the door and "order up some vittles." On a side note, my father would love this place!

• Visited January 2012
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Very Good Country Style Food”
Reviewed 22 July 2011

My husband and I went for the buffet on a Sunday afternoon. The country style food on the buffet was very good. Nothing was greasy or too salty like some places that serve country style food. The salad bar was fresh and they had other kinds of salads to choose from. The fresh fruit was unexpected. The desserts to choose from were good but I think I will try one of thier homemade pies on the next visit. The restaurant looks like a country house and has a relaxing feeling inside. It's a nice place to stop on your way to Canon City, Pueblo, or Colorado Springs.

• Visited July 2011