“fantastic stay - relaxing surroundings, friendly...”
other travellers have booked this property
The Caravan - with Private Decking, Ramp Access & Hot Tub
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The Caravan - with Private Decking, Ramp Access & Hot Tub
Lounge - TV with Integrated DVD Player, USB Recorder & Free-view, Gas Fire
Master Bedroom - Bedlinen, 2 Bath Towels, Bath Robes & Slippers included for Hot Tub Use
Kitchen - Welcome Pack Provided, Integrated Fridge, Integrated Freezer - Views of Glen
Dining Area - Amazing Views of the Hills Above Cairnryan
Twin Bedroom 1
Twin Bedroom 2
View from the Caravan Decking
View from Decking 2
Abi Focus with Decking, Private Parking & Hot Tub
View from in Front of the Caravan
A sample of the Wildlife you may see at our farm!
The Mull of Galloway - RSPB Reserve - Located Nearby!
View onto our Farm - Caravan is Located Behind the Trees to the RHS
Ailsa Craig - Within View from Farmland.
Portpatrick - a Quaint Fishing Village - Well Worth a Visit!
Stranraer - The local town for Main Shopping
Hard at Work on the Farm!
View from the Farm
View from the Farm 2
View from the Farm 3
Exceptable Sunset over the Previous Caravan
Sunset 2
Sunset 3
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Nicandric...
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“fantastic stay - relaxing surroundings, friendly owners, beautiful area”
Reviewed 26 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

Stayed 3 nights and came away feeling relaxed and happy. The caravan was really spacious and brand new, very well equipped including robes and slippers for hot tub. Hot tub was wonderful - private and easy to use - always on. We tended to go in in the evenings after tea. The views from the caravan and surrounding area is beautiful - we enjoyed lovely trips to castle Kennedy (amazing gardens) and Portpatrick for seafood. Our 6 year old daughter loved playing with the friendly dog and cat, and the owners children are so friendly and showed our daughter around (she was very shy and 10 year old Rebecca was lovely to her). Site was very quiet due to time of year so there was only one camper van there - but there was only space fort a handful of campers so suspect it would be peaceful all year round. Only one slight thing I would suggest to owners - clean up the children's play area a bit. I suspect as it was early season it had not been cleaned yet but due to high standards elsewhere I am sure this will be sorted by now! Have already recommended stay to friends.

Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
ukfreesyl...
“Fantastic Static Caravan in an area that offers a lot for all the family”
Reviewed 6 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

It's been a while since we have had such an amazing holiday but everything just seemed to come together on this occasion. Trip advisor relies on accurate information to function so I will describe my requirements and then reality.
I traveled on this holiday along with my wife and twin 2 year old girls. I was hoping for a little break for both myself and the wife along with the kids but life is such that it often turns out as the two of us running after the kids. Well let me say that we were in for a pleasant surprise this time.
The location was easy to find with Google maps taking us straight to the door more or less. We were greeted by the owner who immediately showed us around the property including how to use the hot tub(which is incidentally fab). The static itself is advertised as an 8 berth however there was only 4 of us and we found it more than ample having 3 real bedrooms, a shower and toilet plus a further separate toilet. The living quarters had enough space for two large quality settees, a dining quarter and a good size kitchen with separate units for a freezer and a fridge. Also to note, there was a full size oven and hob/ microwave. You should be able to guess by now that this place is well stocked too with quality cutlery and crockery too.
The nights were somewhat cold due to the time of year we came at however the gas water andcentral heating worked remarkably well that it was like living in your own home. I suppose this also was due to the quality of the build of the static and how well maintained it was. There are statics and there are STATICS so to speak. This was the latter.
Now one of the best things about Glengyre was the location. It is slap bang in the middle of everything. We were really here for the nature and yes we found it in abundance everywhere. The girls loved it and as I eluded to early, we loved it as the girls were very safe in this environment. We felt we could let the girls run around, learn how to use their balance bikes etc without the worry of traffic and other city hazards. This allowed my wife and I to relax and allow the children to enjoy themselves.
What was the highlight of the holiday? Was it the hot tub? Well that was super cool as you can sit outside and watch the stars, something we did every night however not that for us. Was it the location? Well it was a bonus that we only needed to drive a few miles in any direction to find something to do. Was it the fact that everyone we met seemed to be proud of their town? My gut feeling is that it was a fusion of everything that just made this a perfect holiday for us,
It would be terrible for us not to mention that the owner was just brilliant too and introduced us to her family, all wonderful individual characters who instantly gelled with the children. I would hope one day my girls will have a similar zest for life too!
We also got a tour of a real working farm, which lets face it, is not something you do every day. If you are going to head to the countryside, then this is an ultimate item to cross off your things to do.
So overall I can safely say, that this was an awesome holiday, well worth the money! Go out and book it butt take a camera, binoculars and a good book too. We will return.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The feeling of being home away from home.
Liked least: I honestly cannot think of a single thing to put here and I have high expectations.
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;