Meadow Creek Mountain Lodge and Event Center
TownePlace Suites Denver Southwest/Littleton(Littleton)(Great Value!)
US$149
Trip.com
US$171
US$154
ComfortSuites
All reviewsheld our weddinghot tubthe main housesmall refrigeratornext morningwild rosecoffee makergas fireplacecoloradocabinhostsprivacysnow
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed in the Room In The Meadow (Honeymoon Cabin) and it was perfect. Better than expected and well worth every penny. Everything you need to relax with your love. Gorgeous and comfortable. Able to relax for first time in long time. Felt sense of serenity as soon as we entered the space. Quiet and private with views and decoration to keep you looking around to remember it. Can't wait to go back for more than one night. I hesitate to write a review to promote it and have trouble in the future booking this great secret place.

Room Tip: Room In The Meadow is a complete cabin by itself away from the main house and other cabins.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I stayed for 5 days and 4 nights in the Room in the Meadow while visiting friends nearby. The surroundings are lovely with wildflowers growing all around and aspens quaking in the breeze. There are two wonderfully sweet dogs on the property Kelly and Sylvia, that while friendly are never in your way or a bother - I loved them. I had heard elk graze near the outdoor jacuzzi in winter and I saw a few trot across the meadow which was a treat.

Rob the proprietor was easy to work with, friendly, helpful and accommodating. He is also the chef for the morning breakfast which was well done - a fellow guest said they were the best eggs he had in a long time. The dining room is lovely and there is plenty of outdoor seating when weather permits. There is good wifi at the lodge which I always appreciate. The signal doesn't reach the cabin but that is a good thing :).

The room in the meadow is set away from the other buildings and is nicely private. It is compact and cozy. The jacuzzi is good sized, clean and a treat to sit in looking over the alpine meadow or gazing at the moon.

I'm a big guy, north of 250 pounds, so sometimes places I stay are a bit small for me. While a couple places in the cabin are tight, I fit comfortably most everywhere, even in the shower stall. I had a chance to look at the Sun suite that is in the lodge and it looked more roomy than the cabin but with similar amenities. If I was with another person as big as me, I think I might opt for the sun suite as it is more spacious, but the cabin is more private. If you are not on the larger side - or you are and you want to be cozy - I think you would be very comfortable as a couple in the cabin.

The cabin has two large skylights with shades on both to keep out the summer sun, one placed strategically over the bear-themed bed for stargazing. The gas fireplace shines a wonderful flickering light across the room at night. Oh and if bears are your thing, you'll love the bed frame with a bear graphic and paw prints on the posts.

If you are picky about sound, three things: 1) The refrigerator, while closed inside a cupboard, hums, so if you have it on you will hear it, but it is easily turned down so it shuts off. 2) While it is in a quiet location, occasionally you do hear road noise from the nearby highway, but it is muted and 3) Being on a regular filtering and heating schedule, the in-room jacuzzi came on one morning at 7:30am. None of these was an issue for me, as I always travel with ear plugs, there was plenty of silent periods and I was always up early. If it bothered me I'm sure Rob would have helped me. These are such minor things that they weren't negatives for me, but I know for some people it's important and helpful to know. It's such a gorgeous place with so many other positives, this would not deter me from returning.

Overall an excellent place for a wedding, board retreat or other meeting as well as a nice break in the mountains.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank John K
Reviewed 17 March 2013

My wife and I looked around for quite a few months for a place to capture our love of the Colorado out doors. This place was perfect. Rob, the owner was very nice and made us feel very welcome. He is very good at what he does and helped calm my wife's nerves on a number of occasions (bridezilla...). The setting was absolutely beautiful. They have a gazebo right out in the front yard where we had our ceremony and then our reception was held in their very nice event center. The rooms were a bit old but very well maintained and taken care of. I will never forget the evening prior to the wedding sitting out on the porch. What a beautiful atmosphere.
We will be planning at least one anniversary get-away to experience it again.

Room Tip: No fitness center or swimming pool but I saw at least 3 hot tubs.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chris98822
Reviewed 18 February 2013

We stayed here several nights in February 2013. Everything was excellent. Rob fixed an awesome breakfast every morning. A good very quiet place to sleep. Actually saw a herd of elk on the way home one night.

Room Tip: I highly recommend the Colorado Sun Suite with hot tub, sauna, & fire place in the room
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2012

My wife and I stayed here on the night of our wedding and were delighted with the accommodations. We were a bit disappointed that the hot tub for the "Cabin In The Meadow" was not in working order, but Rob made up for it by giving us a small break on the price. The cabin was the perfect amount of seclusion without being completely isolated. The combination of gas log fireplace, small kitchenette, plenty of space, cabin woodwork, and sky light windows made for the perfect post-wedding setting. The breakfast the following morning was great, with gourmet coffee and plenty of gourmet food. Would we stay here again or recommend to anyone else? YES!!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple