All reviews animation team family pool main restaurant kids club evening entertainment crepes swim up room main pool aegean restaurant private pool waiter service bunk beds wear trousers toasties entertainment area fantastic holiday splash pool
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Sadly I am on my last night here, flying back tomorrow.
So I’m sitting here having a few glasses of house Rose and I must say it is a very palatable drink.
The house white is very good but I think the Rose is better.
In total we have had 11 days and it’s been great. But what’s so great, we just sunbathed, read books, slept and spent time together.
The staff are are amazingly attentive and their understanding of English is very accomplished.
The food. It is buffet style but would exceed the so called al la Carte menus in restaurants in England for quality.
I particularly liked the local corner serving Greek staples.
My step-daughter appreciated the on sight activities and our granddaughter was almost constantly occupied.
In addition there is a children’s play area which also kept her amused.
For two days we hired canopies for 35 euros a day. They are right on the hotels beach and you get waiter service. Surprisingly I actually enjoyed this as I thought I was going to be an unnecessary expense.
If I was going to make one change out of personal bias, I would have a good quality table tennis table near one of the many swimming pools on the site.
Speaking to a single mum today on holiday with her friend and friends child. They are having a great time. So in all a recommended family holiday.
What about other English people. I have to

A question I have seen on trip advisor is about Catholic Churches. There is one about an hours drive away, but this is to be expected as the main practise is the Greek Orthodox.
I do not know of other practices.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank MaldonTopCoach
Reviewed 21 June 2018

Stayed here for a week in June all inclusive, we had an amazing week and if you are just looking to chill out in the nice weather and not need to leave the hotel it is perfect. There is a small beach that is quite stony outside the hotel. Other than that there is nothing that we could find close by. I heard someone say you can go to Thessaloniki (where the airport is) for 15 Euro, not sure if this was per person or not. We had about 2 hours of rain one morning but luckily it was dry after that. I am sure the reps (who were superb) would have put on entertainment for the kids if it does rain. We did go on a 30 minute stroll one day and found a lone shop on the main road, but it wasn't a picturesque walk.

I have seen reviews saying there isn't much choice for food.....I don't frequent 5* hotels but I have never seen so many variations for food whilst all inclusive! I can only think that previous reviewers missed 3/4 of the restaurant. Breakfast lunch and tea and a vast majority of options including freshly prepared to order dishes. There are also 2 a la carte restaurants you need to book on. We used the Aegean restaurant for our breakfast and evening meal and two of the staff, Babis and Xrysa, were outstanding.

There are plenty of pools dotted around. We only used to family pool, there was plenty of entertainment throughout the day for both kids and for the family. You are never far from one of the pool bars and there is always a member of the bar staff coming round asking if you want drinks. A great variety of drinks included (although I nearly made the mistake of ordering a JD 9.50!!!)

The evening entertainment was obviously aimed at kids but wasn't bad for adults either. The reps were great and one guy called Michael has the most energy I have ever seen!! Although be prepared to be dragged up on stage for some of the fun.

The only negative I have for the hotel is that there are lots of signs around talking about helping the environment etc but you get 2/3 plastic straws with every drink you get. Also be aware that if you put your do not disturb sign on the door, the maids still knock and I presume if no answer they come in and clean your room each day. This wasn't a problem but just something to be aware of if you would prefer to look any valuables in the safe.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2018

My first time in Greece and so far my favourite place, myself, husband and 12yr old daughter stayed in may and the weather was lovely. We booked a jacuzzi room for our wedding anniversary but were upgraded to a suite. Wow this made our hols perfect. The hotel is lovely for a relaxing holiday as there are lots of pools that allow floats (the air compressor is genius)and well spaced out so no sun bed shortage. What made the holiday so enjoyable was the staff who were so polite and helpful and fun and friendly, you really felt you’ve made friends. The restaurants were clean and plenty of choice. We went to a local market by taxi and it was a nice day out but not much else to do if you like to get out and about although we did have a spa treatment which I would recommend. Overall if I could go back tomorrow I would be packed and ready to go. Loved it.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank Jennifer A
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Spent half term at the hotel.It was great with the most attentive and genuine staff I have experienced for a long time.The food was excellent and the evening entertainment brilliant-the 4 entertainers were first class.Only slight disappointment was the quality of the beach.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank robbie614
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Went on holiday to the Blue Lagoon Princess in May 2018 for 2 weeks and had the most amazing time, we knew from the first day we wanted to come back. Everything was just perfect. This was my first holiday as a mum and my daughter who is 3 had the time of her life. The local and Tui staff were above and beyond. I don't understand some of the bad reviews people have left. Our arrival was smooth and efficient and luggage taken to our room with no problems. The hotel was spotlessly clean and maintained, the rooms were bright and well furnished and beds so comfortable with all facilities included ie a safe, fridge and hairdryer. Our room in the main building (1128) had a massive balcony and a good addition was the mosquito patio door so you can have the door open and no bugs can come in. The food was so nice and well prepared and cooked; with so much choice. The breakfast was my favourite, there was everything you could possibly want, such variety and you never got sick of it like you do with main buffet restaurants usually in hotels. The lunch chicken giros in the Green and Grill were delicious and the views of the beach and hills from the Taverna were beautiful. The pools and areas were lovely and the water is the temperature that pools are meant to be!! The sun loungers comfortable and plenty so no need to rush of a morning, nice plus too in having clean pool towels everyday. The snack bar crepes were delicious mmmm. The entertainment was outstanding, really really good, such talented Reps and so enthusiastic, happy and passionate; putting their everything into every single performance after very long days doing parades, classes, kids clubs, water polo, beach volleyball, quizzes etc. The kids clubs included in the holiday are the ultimate winner, my daughter had the best 2 weeks, they did so much with them and are so great with the children and the things they get given like the t-shirt, water bottle, bracelets and lanyard etc and winning certificates which the kids loved and the characters Bamse,Captain T and Coco & Charlie making regular appearances the kids were in their element. The payable evening parties were so good, especially the chocolate party!! All the themes and costumes etc done so well. Nothing across the whole holiday was not done to it’s best ability. Everyone was so helpful and friendly and bent over backwards to make you welcome and waited on you to ensure you had the best holiday. I loved the ladies in the bar who my daughter pestered for milk all day and night and they were always so warm to her. This hotel is new and they have thought of everything like small toilets for the children, a baby lounge, a generator free to use to blow up lilos etc small touches but good. A big thank you and appreciation to Lucy in Bamse Club who my daughter idolised, thank you for making her so happy and enjoying herself ridiculously she’s obsessed with you still! And also Guiannis and Chrisanthi in the Main Restaurant who always greeted us with such a friendly welcome. Only thing I’d say is the Spa is amazing, but prices are quite steep and on par with English prices, it would be busier if they were a little more feasible and I certainly would of treated myself to a few then. Thank you TUI and Blue Lagoon Princess; we cannot wait to come back next year =)

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family