“Fantastic stay in a little town”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Poncha Springs
Rocky Mountain Lodge
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Poncha Springs
Tamworth, Australia
“Fantastic stay in a little town”
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We stayed in poncho springs for one night on our way to Colorado springs. We loved the atmosphere of the lodge and the reasonable price of the room. The rooms were a little small but we did have four adults in the room so it was a reasonable size for that. The Mexican restaurant across the street was fantastic and highly recommended! Salida is just down the road for necessities! All in all I would recommend poncha springs rocky mt lodge for the colorado atmosphere!

• Stayed September 2011
3 Thank Kateclaire
Rockymountainlodge, Manager at Rocky Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our Lodge! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our property. We loved having you here and are always welcome again! We hope to see you soon!

Please keep us in mind with recommendations to family and friends - being a small, family owned business we take pride in our business - many costumers stay here due to word of mouth recommendations.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Very clean hotel. Great customer service with lots of local information brochures. Not far from any tourist attractions. I really enjoyed my stay there and will go there again next time I go to Monarch!

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank RancheroGurl
Rockymountainlodge, Manager at Rocky Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, 15 March 2012

Denver, CO
Reviewed 14 February 2012

When it comes to lodging accomidations in the Salida area, I've never been satisfied. At $50/night I was frightened but this was the best room I've had in the region. I live in Denver and enjoy skiing Monarch for a change when the snow is right. The floor is laminate wood, the bed is firm but not obviously worn, the room had no noticeable odor, the bathroom appeared remodeled, the towels were upgraded and the place generally clean. My only complaint was the lobby reeked of cigarettes and the provided toiletries were gender-specific. I will stay there every time I visit the area from now on.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple

Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
Reviewed 28 January 2012

I stayed at Rocky Mountain Lodge around Christmas time and my room there was just perfect. I had 2 double beds, a kitchenette that was complete with dishes and cookware and a very nice bathroom. The room was very clean and everything in it was obviously well-kept and well thought out. The microwave was set above the stove just like at home! I was also very impressed with the amenities in the bath. This hotel went above and beyond. There was toothpaste and a razor in addition to the normal shampoo, conditioner and lotion. I would recommend this lodge to my family and friends hands down and I will definitely stay there again. It was moderately priced and worth every penny of it!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends

Shawnee, Oklahoma
Reviewed 2 October 2011

My husband and I were on our way to Breckenridge to see our son after a day of riding the train at Charma, New Mexico and we had thought we would stay at Alamosa, but there were no rooms there so we drove on to Poncha Springs, Co. and rented a room at the Rocky Mountain Lodge. To our surprise the rooms were very nice. Very clean and comfortable and lots of free samples. Great coffee. I would highly recommend this Inn. We will stay there again. Much better than big guys

Room Tip: Great value and very clean.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Rockymountainlodge, Owner at Rocky Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, 5 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our Lodge, it's very appreciated! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our property, the coffee and the free samples. We loved having you here and are always welcome again! We hope to see you soon!

Please keep us in mind with recommendations to family and friends - being a small "non big guy", family owned business we take pride in our business - many costumers stay here due to word of mouth recommendations.
dallas OR
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Tried the Poncha Motel first but the clerk was rude and had a aggressive dog allowed in the lobby just turned around and left what a blessing, went to Rocky Mountain Lodge, lady was cordial and very pleased to see me. Our room was clean and quiet and comfortable, the bed was mildly firm. Surpised to see the free samples they offered, Two Schick Hydro 5 razors, four samples of Breath Right nasal strips, two sample tubes of Arm and Hammer tooth paste as well as the usual soaps and shampoos and moisterizers. Loved the landscaping and could tell it was well cared for. The flowers were colorful and quite a change from the gray, tan green we've been traveling through for 3 days.

Thank you for the wonderful experience

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank nalnus
Rockymountainlodge, Owner at Rocky Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, 2 September 2011

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We stayed at the lodge around July 20th, and we loved it. The staff was friendly and curtious. Its a family owned property and you can feel it everywhere. From the moment you walk in to the moment you leave its a positive/family like experience. Rooms are somewhat dated but very clean and comfortable. In essence its plain COZY. Loved it and will come back in the winter for sure. Thanks, there aren't too many places like this left!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
marta_93, Front Office Manager at Rocky Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, 25 August 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our Lodge! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Poncha Springs
Baymont Inn & Suites Salida
Mountain Motel
Mountain Motel
#6 of 16 in Salida

Been to Rocky Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!