“Very nice place!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Poncha Springs
Rocky Mountain Lodge
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Poncha Springs
Denver, Colorado
“Very nice place!”
Reviewed 21 June 2012

The place is very clean and has lots of charm. You can tell she puts a lot of care into her motel. Lots of character. The only problem I had was the bed was squeaky and there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom(window didn't open), but over all very nice for the price. Would have been nice to have an ice machine outside so we didn't have to ask for it.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelingcoder
, Owner at Rocky Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our Lodge! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our property. We take pride in all the work we put into our hotel and we apologize for any issues you had. The ice machine is located outside but for costumers convenience it's much easier if we get the ice through the office rather than having our costumers walk around our property locating our ice machine behind the hotel. We loved having you here and are always welcome again! We hope to see you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed 20 April 2012

We only stayed here one night. It was a great place to stay. The room was fresh, clean, and well maintained. I was amazed at how quiet it was even though it was located by a highway. The front desk clerk was wonderful and knew a lot about the surrounding area. Salida was just 5 miles down the road if I needed a store or restaurant. I liked the free samples that were given out. The coffee was great in the morning too. I will be staying here again when I'm passing through. Can't wait for the winter months to stay here for my ski trip at Monarch, only 20 minutes away.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank John F
, Owner at Rocky Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our Lodge! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our property along with our staff. We loved having you here and are always welcome again! We look forward to seeing you again in the winter months!

Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 13 April 2012

My stay was perfect . Motel was clean and well kept. I enjoyed the atmosphere and service there.
I will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank tomw17
, Manager at Rocky Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our Lodge! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our property. We loved having you here and are always welcome again! We hope to see you soon and safe travels!

Please keep us in mind with recommendations to family and friends - being a small, family owned business we take pride in our business - many costumers stay here due to word of mouth recommendations. Once again, I'd like to thank you for reviewing our Motel.
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here. It was really quite and peaceful. The rooms were fresh and very clean. The owner was super nice too. It was a nice get away from the city. The scenery was really nice also. I went on a hike in St. Elmo, Monarch and went to Mount Princeton, this little hotel was perfect for all my destinations. I will certainly be staying here again! Thanks for a great stay!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Armnhammer884
, Owner at Rocky Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our Lodge! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our property. We loved having you here and are always welcome again! We hope to see you soon!

Tamworth, Australia
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We stayed in poncho springs for one night on our way to Colorado springs. We loved the atmosphere of the lodge and the reasonable price of the room. The rooms were a little small but we did have four adults in the room so it was a reasonable size for that. The Mexican restaurant across the street was fantastic and highly recommended! Salida is just down the road for necessities! All in all I would recommend poncha springs rocky mt lodge for the colorado atmosphere!

• Stayed September 2011
3 Thank Kateclaire
Rockymountainlodge, Manager at Rocky Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, 12 April 2012

Reviewed 14 March 2012

Very clean hotel. Great customer service with lots of local information brochures. Not far from any tourist attractions. I really enjoyed my stay there and will go there again next time I go to Monarch!

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank RancheroGurl
Rockymountainlodge, Manager at Rocky Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, 15 March 2012

Denver, CO
Reviewed 14 February 2012

When it comes to lodging accomidations in the Salida area, I've never been satisfied. At $50/night I was frightened but this was the best room I've had in the region. I live in Denver and enjoy skiing Monarch for a change when the snow is right. The floor is laminate wood, the bed is firm but not obviously worn, the room had no noticeable odor, the bathroom appeared remodeled, the towels were upgraded and the place generally clean. My only complaint was the lobby reeked of cigarettes and the provided toiletries were gender-specific. I will stay there every time I visit the area from now on.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple

Baymont Inn & Suites Salida
Mountain Motel
Mountain Motel
#6 of 16 in Salida

Been to Rocky Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!