“Good food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This place has a nice mom and pop, "old country" feel to it and the food also lives up to that standard. We went with a family of 8 and all the dishes were delicious with the exception of the prime rib (inedible) The minestrone soup got rave reviews and the pasta dishes were all consumed with relish. and the winde selection was perfect for Italian.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I've driven by this restaurant hundreds of times, and I always figured how good could it be, being in a small town, with the general standard of food quality in the area being quite low. I was delightfully surprised. The interior was very cozy. The food was amazing. I am vegetarian, and had plenty of options. Dessert too was over the top. Highly recommended, my only criticisms are that I felt it was a little expensive, and the service was just a bit slow. But we will definitely be going back!

Reviewed 21 December 2013

My wife and I celebrated our 31st anniversary there last month. We had intended to try someplace new, but it was booked for a private party. So we returned to our "old favorite", and wound up wondering why we had ever planned a different destination in the first place. As usual, the food was excellent in both quality and quantity. The soup and salad which accompanies every entree was perfect. The wine and the dessert were delicious, too. As always, the atmosphere was cozy and the service added to the experience. We have been to Grimo's a half a dozen times in the 14 months we have lived in the area and will certainly go back many more. I'm not sure I can even remember what entree I selected on this most recent occasion because I have yet to try anything that wasn't exceptional. Great as always!!

1  Thank HSD1950
Reviewed 3 September 2013

All recipes are distinctly unique yet old world. I'd presume that these meals have been passed down for generations. I had the chicken rollatini which came in the best marsala sauce I've had in over 10 years and the wife had a delicious lasagna. The restaurant itself was very traditional yet not pretentious or fake in any way. It'd be a great place for a romantic excursion.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

We took dear friends for a special thank you dinner. Although it was a Saturday night I'd failed to make reservations. The staff quickly arranged a table it an alcove -- very wonderful for conversation.
The menue was so extensive that each of us (5) selected something different. One of our guests was vegetarian and easily found something meeting her requirements. The appetizers were marvelous stuffed clams, articFianhokes, and mushrooms stuffed with crab.
Finally the Chianti was fine and reasonable.

1  Thank DOCBABE_SCOUT