“Great staff and hotel”

Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Pueblo
Denver, Colorado
“Great staff and hotel”
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night on business. Not only is this hotel in a great location and good proximity to downtown, the staff is really great. There were a bunch of families and small kids here for some hockey tournament but the staff did a fantastic job with cleaning up after them and keeping the breakfast bar stocked with enough food for everyone. I always stay here whenever I am in town so can't go wrong especially with their reasonable prices.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank WillM0316
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear WillM0316,

Thank you for your positive review. I am so glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable. As you mentioned the weekend you stayed there was a large tournament in towna nd the hotel can get very hectic. Ia m so glad to hear that the staff was able to measure up and please everyone. I will pass along this info to our staff! Thank you agian and I look forward to having you stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Colorado
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Just an overnight stay during a long road trip for work. Easy to find just off the interstate. Check in was quick and staff very friendly and helpful. The room was well appointed with separate "living room" including couch, TV, desk and unit with fridge, MW & coffee maker. Internet access was a breeze and connection fast. The beds, pillows and bedding were very comfortable. I enjoyed a great nights rest! The room & bathroom were immaculate - I suspect this is a fairly new hotel. Breakfast in the morning was actually quite good! Great variety of substantial breakfast foods - nice seating area with tables. There is a bar in the lobby which may have been fun had I not been there on business. This hotel will be my "go-to" for any future business in that area!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
Dear TravelEverGreen,

I appreciate your positive review and perfect description of the hotel. I am so glad that you found our hotel comfortable and enjoyable. We were built in 2008 and have definitely tried to maintain the property. We look forward to having you stay with us again on business, and for pleasure as well!
California
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We were just traveling through the state and stopped for the night in Pueblo. This hotel had everything we were looking for: comfortable bed, quiet heater, good-size shower and bath, enough plugs for our electronics. Since we had been sitting in the car all day, we wanted a hotel with a fitness center so that we could get some exercise. Their fitness center was very nice, with two Precor elliptical machines, weights, and treadmills. It's open 24 hours, which is unusual, but appreciated. There's also a pool, although we didn't use it. The breakfast was good, and included or protein (eggs, ham and yoghurt) along with the carbohydrates. Finally, the hotel is right off the freeway so it was an easy on/off. The only thing that was odd was the shower water mixer handle. Per the instructions on the handle, hot is up. Cold was up.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the freeway if you want quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank poodytat
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear poodytat,
I am thrilled to hear how much your enjoyed your stay at our Property. We definitely like to think that we have a great mix of everything a traveler needs while away from home, and it is great to hear you felt the same. I am sorry to hear about the issue with the shower water handle. I will bring this to the attention of our maintenance staff. We look forward to having your stay with us again!
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Wonderful linens, pillows and mattress. I slept really well. Big, comfortable room. Nice staff. Good, well-stocked breakfast (I only wish they had biscuits and gravy for the sausage). Very quiet except for a bit of foot noise from above (we stayed on the 2nd floor, far from the elevator). Great value.

I was here with my son for a hockey weekend. The staff was great; the bartender was friendly and provided great service. Beers were very reasonably priced ($2.50 to $3.00), but no draught beers.

I have an aversion to the scent of deodorants/cleaners used in many hotels, and that's the only downside.

PS I had not been to Pueblo in 20 years. The job they've done on the downtown/river front is wonderful. We will be back.

Room Tip: maybe 4th floor to avoid foot noise from below. I'm told you can hear the Muzak from below if yo...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Dear Steamboatdad,

It was great to read your review and find out how pleased you were with our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our Sleep System so much and was able to get a good night's rest. I will also pass along your compliments to our staff; I know that they will appreciate it. We love what Pueblo has done with the Riverwalk and we look forward to having back in the future!
Des Moines
Reviewed 20 December 2013

The hotel was very clean, and the staff was nice. Our suite was perfect for the kids. The pool and work out room was fantastic. The front desk was very helpful with information and to re-stock our towels and shampoo & soap. We would stay again.

Room Tip: Get a suite, more space.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear Michael S,

We appreciate your kind words and I am so glad to hear that the hotel worked out for you. We would love to have you and your kids stay with us again!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed in Pueblo to talk the family on the Royal Gorge "Polar Express" Christmas ride. I often stay in Marriott properties when I travel and this one worked our perfectly. The suites worked well with the grandchildren, sleeping and nap times. The rooms were new, clean, and fresh. The staff was very friendly especially the lady at the free breakfast bar. It's walking distance to the Pueblo RiverWalk. I recommend it.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear Bill H,
I am so glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay. I will pass along your compliment to Mary, our breakfast attendant. Thank you for taking your time to write this review and when your travels bring you back to Pueblo we look forward to having you stay with us again!
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

This was our second stay at this hotel chain. The reason that we chose this one in Pueblo is because we were so impressed with the one in Alamogordo. The service was amazing and the room was very spacious, clean and modern. Free wifi and breakfast was nice. The price is really reasonable for the quality of the room and the service. A couple of minutes stroll to the Riverwalk and Applebee's which is also close close is a great place to have dinner. We have since stayed at another two hotels in this chain and have been really impressed every single time. Would recommend this one.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Tracey P,

We take pride in our Marriott brand and the SpringHill Suites name. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and other like properties. We look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you back to Pueblo, CO. Thank you for your review!