“Great ski stopover” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Pueblo
Dallas, TX
“Great ski stopover”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

We were making our way to Beaver Creek for the second time and decided to stop over in Pueblo at the SpringHill Suites there. It is easy to find and near a neat, revitalized downtown area of Pueblo, CO. It was nearing dark so we only ventured out a few blocks to find Shamrock Brewing Company. Great beers and food and everyone liked everything. We ventured home to Springhill Suites and everything was there that we needed. Clean room, sheets for the hide-a-bed, refrigerator, wifi, desk, two tvs, even advice and a Colorado map from the front desk area. My youngest swam in the pool which seemed very clean and uncrowded which was nice. We slept well and the next morning headed down for our breafast and local paper. Finally a shower, packed up and headed for the mountains. We will stay there for sure the next time through.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Longhorn91,

I am so glad our Hotel was able to provide everything your family needed while passing through Pueblo. Thank you for all of your kind words and we looking forward to seeing you again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Farmington, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights and it was the worse! Overrun with young children and sports teams. The hotel is right next to I-25 and railroad tracks. So if the constant commotion from kids and their parents allowing them to run wild in the hall, isn't bad enough you'll be awoken all night by trains and highway noise. The rooms were nice but I'd never stay here again. I was exhausted by the time I went home.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CJ O
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear CJ O,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and share your experience about the SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown. You indicated in your review that parts of your stay were unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. As you mentioned in your post there were quite a few teams staying with the hotel as Pueblo was hosting the High School State Basketball Tournament. Respectfully we are not able to refuse service to teams. As a management we do everything in our control to work with parents/coaches to ensure efforts are taken to keep the noise levels at a minimum. In addition, our management team attempted to resolve the issue for you in the best possible way by reaching out to the rooms you were having issues with as well as upgrading you to our Corner Suite on the front side of the Hotel. I truly apologize if you were inconvenienced in any way by any noise related concerns. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night on business. Not only is this hotel in a great location and good proximity to downtown, the staff is really great. There were a bunch of families and small kids here for some hockey tournament but the staff did a fantastic job with cleaning up after them and keeping the breakfast bar stocked with enough food for everyone. I always stay here whenever I am in town so can't go wrong especially with their reasonable prices.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank WillM0316
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear WillM0316,

Thank you for your positive review. I am so glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable. As you mentioned the weekend you stayed there was a large tournament in towna nd the hotel can get very hectic. Ia m so glad to hear that the staff was able to measure up and please everyone. I will pass along this info to our staff! Thank you agian and I look forward to having you stay with us again.
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

Just an overnight stay during a long road trip for work. Easy to find just off the interstate. Check in was quick and staff very friendly and helpful. The room was well appointed with separate "living room" including couch, TV, desk and unit with fridge, MW & coffee maker. Internet access was a breeze and connection fast. The beds, pillows and bedding were very comfortable. I enjoyed a great nights rest! The room & bathroom were immaculate - I suspect this is a fairly new hotel. Breakfast in the morning was actually quite good! Great variety of substantial breakfast foods - nice seating area with tables. There is a bar in the lobby which may have been fun had I not been there on business. This hotel will be my "go-to" for any future business in that area!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
Dear TravelEverGreen,

I appreciate your positive review and perfect description of the hotel. I am so glad that you found our hotel comfortable and enjoyable. We were built in 2008 and have definitely tried to maintain the property. We look forward to having you stay with us again on business, and for pleasure as well!
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

We were just traveling through the state and stopped for the night in Pueblo. This hotel had everything we were looking for: comfortable bed, quiet heater, good-size shower and bath, enough plugs for our electronics. Since we had been sitting in the car all day, we wanted a hotel with a fitness center so that we could get some exercise. Their fitness center was very nice, with two Precor elliptical machines, weights, and treadmills. It's open 24 hours, which is unusual, but appreciated. There's also a pool, although we didn't use it. The breakfast was good, and included or protein (eggs, ham and yoghurt) along with the carbohydrates. Finally, the hotel is right off the freeway so it was an easy on/off. The only thing that was odd was the shower water mixer handle. Per the instructions on the handle, hot is up. Cold was up.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the freeway if you want quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank poodytat
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear poodytat,
I am thrilled to hear how much your enjoyed your stay at our Property. We definitely like to think that we have a great mix of everything a traveler needs while away from home, and it is great to hear you felt the same. I am sorry to hear about the issue with the shower water handle. I will bring this to the attention of our maintenance staff. We look forward to having your stay with us again!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Wonderful linens, pillows and mattress. I slept really well. Big, comfortable room. Nice staff. Good, well-stocked breakfast (I only wish they had biscuits and gravy for the sausage). Very quiet except for a bit of foot noise from above (we stayed on the 2nd floor, far from the elevator). Great value.

I was here with my son for a hockey weekend. The staff was great; the bartender was friendly and provided great service. Beers were very reasonably priced ($2.50 to $3.00), but no draught beers.

I have an aversion to the scent of deodorants/cleaners used in many hotels, and that's the only downside.

PS I had not been to Pueblo in 20 years. The job they've done on the downtown/river front is wonderful. We will be back.

Room Tip: maybe 4th floor to avoid foot noise from below. I'm told you can hear the Muzak from below if yo...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Dear Steamboatdad,

It was great to read your review and find out how pleased you were with our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our Sleep System so much and was able to get a good night's rest. I will also pass along your compliments to our staff; I know that they will appreciate it. We love what Pueblo has done with the Riverwalk and we look forward to having back in the future!
Des Moines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

The hotel was very clean, and the staff was nice. Our suite was perfect for the kids. The pool and work out room was fantastic. The front desk was very helpful with information and to re-stock our towels and shampoo & soap. We would stay again.

Room Tip: Get a suite, more space.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear Michael S,

We appreciate your kind words and I am so glad to hear that the hotel worked out for you. We would love to have you and your kids stay with us again!