“Just wonderful”

Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Pueblo
Tustin, California
“Just wonderful”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is an oasis in Pueblo. I visit regularly because I have family there. This is a clean, pretty, close to downtown, sweet place to stay. What I particularly enjoy are the personnel who are dedicated to making sure all is well. A bonus? They're fun! I'm impressed and will ONLY stay here on all my future visits.

• Stayed May 2014
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear SouthwestDude,

We think you're AWESOME! Thanks for all the great comments and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I had to stay at the SpringHill Marriott on a business trip along with many of my co-workers. But unlike my co-workers I was one of the few that had working air conditioning though my bathroom was never cleaned properly. Anyone who complained to management about the conditions were met with rudeness.
Yet when I received the critique form in my email, all I mentioned was that they ran out of coffee every morning before six and I would also be less likely to use the Marriott again unless they provided a free breakfast being that almost all hotels provide this services. Instead of replying to me directly, some Marriott idiot contacted my job to complain about me not liking their services and I was reprimanded for giving a negative comment. I will never again stay at a Marriott as long as I live.

Room Tip: Third floor had air conditioning.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank 202renp
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Ren P,

I am sorry to hear about your negative experience. I can definitely understand your frustration during your stay. However, I believe you reviewed the wrong hotel. Our hotel does offer a Complimentary Hot Breakfast Buffet that starts at 6AM. I hope that you were able to get your issues resolved, and we would be happy to have you as a guest next time you are visiting Pueblo.
Nevada
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is a very new looking property, located in downtown very near the Riverwalk. The air conditioner (it was very warm when we checked in around 11 AM) was blowing cold air in the room but would then blow warm air. The temp was 76 in the room but was set to 74 by the staff prior to arrival. I adjusted to 68, no joy, still 76. Called the front desk at round 2 PM saying the temp had risen to 78 in the time we had been there and to please fix or move us. They said they would send someone up. We went to River Walk figuring that Marriott had the skills to repair, replace or move us. Got back two hours later and temp was 79 in the room. Called again and maintenance guy said he checked it and all was ok. I had to insist it was not working right, they finally replaced the unit which did not work well, took three hours to drop the room three degrees. Wife was not interested in changing rooms at 7:30 PM so we stayed in the room.

Ice machine on the floor was not operating and we have to trek to lower floor to get ice. When I mentioned it the next morning at the front desk there was total surprise! Does no one check these things?

Why do rooms with poor working a/c need to have customers report them rather than the staff recognizing there is a problem?
Why did they have an another room for us at 7:30 when we checked in, I am Gold level, they had no upgrades due to being sold out?

About the only good thing other than the newness and location was Michael, an outstanding front desk fellow that really tried to please.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Deadendbill
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Deadendbill,
Thank you for taking the time to sharing your experience. You indicated in your comment that your stay was less than ideal. I can completely understand how not having a functioning AC unit would have made you stay uncomfortable. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. I am happy to hear that Michael was able to accommodate you and that maintenance was able to install a new unit for you. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future.
Loveland, Colorado, Usa
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The hotel was very nice and the room was clean and comfortable. Nice workout room with more weights than most. Decent breakfast. My only issue was that the pool was so cloudy I could not see the bottom so I didn't chance too many chemicals in the water, although there were no problems with the hot tub. I plan on staying again.

Room Tip: Stay opposite of the interstate.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Derek S,
We appreciate you choosing to stay with us while in Pueblo. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all the amenities we have to offer. We look forward to seeing you again on you next visit!
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Great location. Excellent breakfast. Large Workout room.
Conveniently located close to some nice dining options and the Riverwalk if you need to get out. Had to move down here due to Space Conference in Colorado Springs and did not want to, but ended up really enjoying the stay there. Little bit of a drive to Carson, but it is all highway.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Ncsumi,

Thank you for your kind words and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay! We are always happy to hear when our guests, even though the stay was unexpected, are pleased and adequately accommodated. I hope that when/if your travels bring you this way again that you choose to stay with us.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We travelled 12 hours we were pretty tired and at check in we experienced no help with luggage. Since we are in the middle of a move we had plenty...so three trips later we got all our bags up to our room.

Have free internet but down half the time during our stay. We also had three adults in our party and only given two keys. I asked for a third key the next day and it did not work more than twenty four hours and never worked on the back door entrance near where we parked.

Someone smoked outside the back door entrance and since that is right below our room and air conditioning unit we got to wake up to cigarette smoke smell.

I cannot wait to check out and will definitely not be returning.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank William P
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Mr. William P,

First off, thank you for staying with us while in Pueblo and I hope that your move was a success. I apologize that you found the hotel staff unresponsive to your needs as we are a limited service hotel and do not have bellmen services. However, my staff is always happy to help our guests when asked for any kind of further assistance. I hope that you will decide to stay again and give us an opportunity to regain your business.
Pueblo, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

We booked our stay through booking.com and were charged for the wrong night. I received no emails from booking or from Springhill notifying me of the wrong date. When we went to check in, they told us that our reservation had been for the night before and that we were already charged for the room. They asked if we wanted to stay that night, so we did, with the understanding that the manager would most likely refund us for the wrong date since the hotel wasn't full anyways. We had friends also staying that night in the hotel and were hosting a sleepover for our daughter's birthday. Here's the strange part: if I wrote the correct date for my daughter's birthday party on the invitations, told our friends the correct date for them to stay, had the correct date on my calendar, and started my Trip Advisor search using the correct date, how did we get a reservation for the wrong date? My husband also had to work on the other date, so it didn't make sense that I would book our daughter's birthday party on a date that he couldn't watch our son or come to see her blow out her candles. My husband and I take 4 trips a year and I frequently travel for business. I have booked hundreds of hotels and have never booked the wrong date before. Even if it was my mistake, I do not understand why the hotel manager refused to refund our money. That is just horrible customer service. We are also Marriott Rewards members. I guess we will have to pursue membership with another hotel chain.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends