“Nightmare experience!”

Motel 6 Pueblo I-25
Ranked #20 of 27 Hotels in Pueblo
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Room was not clean! Room smelled horrible. Towels that were supposedly clean had a mans shavings all over them seriously gross!!! No air conditioning. The fan you turn on that they have never cooled the room so it was just stuffy and hot. My advice pay $15.00-$20.00 more for a comfortable nights sleep and less grief!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Tidwell9

Reviewed 8 April 2013

At $40 a night this is the cheapest hotel in the area. Close to the highway and CSU Pueblo it is not a vacation spot, but for business on the cheap you can't beat it. It can be a bit noisy, but it is clean enough, and if you don't mind white noise you can sleep pretty well.

Room Tip: ask for rooms NOT facing the highway, preferably on the second floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Could someone please let the management at Motel 6 nationwide that carpets in cheap motel rooms don't work. We just returned from six weeks on the road and stayed at 10 different Motel 6's and all but one had nasty carpets. The Six in Victorville California was just rebuilt and had a bamboo type solid wood floor.. it was clean!

Room Tip: If it has carpet it will be filthy!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tydewi
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I didn't expect this to be a luxury hotel but it was worse than I expected. I was charged $73 for a one night stay for two people. The room wasn't cleaned when we checked in. The carpets looks as if they hadn't seen a steam cleaner in years, the beds were uncomfortable and creaky. Every time you moved, the bed frame creaked. TV didn't work. The towels were so small, you could barely dry off with them. Parking was not convenient at all. It was also noisy with the outdoor walkways. This hotel needs to be torn down and replaced with a more modern hotel.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel. There are better ones in the area.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Unhappy55111
Reviewed 16 June 2012

This is the worst place I have ever stayed!! I shared the room with a co-worker and we rented the room for a week.Other co-workers rented a room at the same time also. Everyday after working 13 hr shifts we had to go get towels and we would have to wait a min of 30-40 mins for them to dry. After being there 3 days we asked for our beds to be changed and the said we had to wait. We ended up asking for our money back. We didn't get the refund we were expecting. Instead they charged us a nightly rate upon leaving because we were breaking our agreement! The way I see it is they broke the agreement when they couldn't even put clean towels in our room, clean the room, etc. And don't even get me started on the number of times we had to smell dog crap and urine all over the place!! This place is nasty!!! I wouldn't wish this experience on anyone!!! We stay in hotels 300 days out of the year working. we have many different experiences but this by far was the worst experience we have ever had!!!!!!
Best of Luck,
Jackie Stringfellow, Heath Hudson & Edward Wescovich

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank WorkingWelders
Reviewed 23 April 2012

For $50 plus tax for 2 people, I don't expect luxury. We have used Motel 6 before, and this motel seems older than most. But even $50 was too much. The room is basic (2 beds, a dresser, old TV with a few cable channels), and clean enough, and the beds were okay, not uncomfortable. We had only 1 hand towel, 1 washcloth, and 2 thin towels. Of course, no bathroom amenities beyond the postage-stamp-sized soap bars, no tissues, no microwave, no in-room coffee set-up. Tiny styrofoam cups of coffee in the morning at the reception. That's okay, we can deal. We chose it because the chain accepts dogs, and we asked for a ground floor and got it.

But the ventilation is non-existent. Due to noise from outside (traffic and neighbors), we had to close the window at night, so we turned on the fan, but there was no airflow. We couldn't find the mere whisper of a breeze or incoming air -- only the loud hum of the fan apparently sucking air out of the room. As a result, the room quickly became an airless box, and the night seemed to last forever. Even if you open the window, you get no air unless you pull back the light-blocking curtain, and thus put yourself on display to everyone.

The area out back available to walk the dog was covered in feces. I blame the people who let their dogs do their business without scooping, but by accepting dogs, I think the hotel should accept responsibility to clean up after their poorly behaved guests. It was disgusting.

Just next door (right off I-25) were 2 properties advertising similar rates, a Howard Johnson and Clarion(?). If there's a next time in Pueblo, we'll try any place else.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Two_and_TheDog
Reviewed 6 April 2012

This wasn't too bad, as Motel 6 locations go. Parking was cramped and not convenient to the rooms. As is usual with this chain, the clientele included some unruly and noisy guests, but the room was relatively clean and the water was hot.

Room Tip: Unless you want to swim (in season) avoid rooms by the pool, since there is no parking there, and yo...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple