“WAY above average”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is one of the 2 or 3 best Indian restaurants I've ever visited. Everything clicked: The service is fast, friendly, and attentive and the food was very good. The décor is a little over the top but in a genuinely festive way. Mr. Tandoor is in the nicest part of downtown Pueblo, just around the corner from the renovated Union Depot building,

This is the sort of Indian food that is hard to stop eating, even if you are full. The flavors were rich and nicely balanced, and the heat level on the Saag Paneer we ordered was just right (medium spicy has just enough heat to sneak up on you after a bite or two but not enough to trigger a runny nose).

I'd recommend this place to anyone who loves Indian food or anyone who wants to try it for the first time. You're in for a treat!

There are newer reviews for Mr. Tandoori Urban Bar and Grill

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

We are from Wisconsin, visiting family in Pueblo. We have several excellent Indian restaurants in Madison, and love Indian food, so decided to try Mr. Tandoori. Our meal was some of the best Indian food we've ever had. We ordered the food medium spicy, and then after talking with the chef (and owner?) asked him to make it not quite medium. It was perfect. We ordered Chicken Tikka Masala, vegetable birhani, aloo Gobi with potatoes and cauliflower, and Roti. There wasn't a weak dish in the bunch. The wine, and Moscow Mule served in the traditional copper mug were also excellent. We heartily recommend Mr. Tandoori.

2  Thank Judith H
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I am not a big fan of indian food but this was the best I ever had. We just made it to the lunch buffet. I think it might end at 2:00. What a great selection of food and very tasty. The decor is nice and service was excellent. Thank you Jasper for letting us meet the owner/chef. I don't live in Pueblo so won't be back for awhile but our friends do and I am sure they will be back.

t

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We had some of the best Indian food I have ever had and enjoyed the whole experience. This was the only great dining experience we had during our 7 day stay in Colorado Springs/Pueblo. I am so glad we found this gem!!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

This was such a nice surprise! The Indian decor makes for a really lovely atmosphere. The food was excellent. We especially enjoyed the vegetable pakora and the shrimp curry. The owners were very kind. This place has some of the best Indian food in Colorado!