“Nice place”

Nature and Raptor Center of Pueblo
Ranked #11 of 35 things to do in Pueblo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Nature and Raptor Center of Pueblo is a member-supported, non-profit organization. Our beautiful setting along the Arkansas River features a variety of facilities and picnic areas, where we also offer educational nature programs for all ages. Bike, walk, or blade along our paved riverside trails, cast your line on the scenic fishing deck, or visit our resident birds of prey at the Raptor Center (open from 11 AM to 4 PM, Tuesday through Sunday). For an up-close raptor encounter, come to one of our free bird of prey presentations at 11:30 AM every Saturday and Sunday!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Colorado Springs, Colorado
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

This is a wonderful place for injured Birds of Prey to live. They take care of the birds who otherwise would die in the wild from disease or broken wings.

Visited August 2013

Evergreen, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Get out of the heat/Enjoy nature”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

We visit the center on every trip--great in all seasons, especially to get of the heat and into the nice trees and enjoy nature (watch out for poisonous snakes though)

Visited July 2013
Ogden, Utah
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Fly Away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

This place is awesome! I wish it was bigger! The whole thing is centered around the awesome creatures here! It's a lot more than I expected!

Visited May 2013
Thank L. B
Pueblo, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome work done here....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

Well, the work that Diane and staff do on a daily basis caring for these birds is amazing. They are such caring people and these wounded birds are lucky to have this place. If more people knew what time and effort was put into the Center maybe more donations would come pouring in. The Nature Center down below the Raptor Center has become a very beautiful place to not only walk around or have an outdoor event at, but, the café is great also.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank debbievaldez
Pueblo, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

My son wanted to take me somewhere special after we had a breakfast out. When we got there they were clean the cages and feeding the birds. It was the nicest place my 12yr old has taking me in a while. The keeper there told you about the birds, where they came from and also brought some of them out for us to see. It was wonderful. I'm not really into birds but now I can see the beauty in them that my son sees in these large animals. This is a must see here in Pueblo. I suggest anyone that has a child to take time to this place. It isn't like the zoo at all because they tell you all about the birds and can bring them out. It was exciting.

Visited February 2013