“spectacular House Museum”
Review of Rosemount Museum

Rosemount Museum
Ranked #2 of 37 things to do in Pueblo
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Rosemount is a spectacular Richardsonian Romnesque home donated to the city of Pueblo CO, and now a museum open for tours. The furnishings and décor items are nearly all original to the house. No one else was there when we were, so it is not crowded like some tours of more famous homes can be. Our docent did not know the answers to my questions that fell outside her usual script, but they were happy to take me to talk with the curator in her office. I am an antique dealer and tour old homes all over the country, so I notice and ask questions the average tourist wouldn't. One of the best houses I've seen. If you love old homes it is a gem worth visiting.

2  Thank Linda R
in 6 reviews
"pueblo area"
"interesting history"

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I grew up in this city, yet never did the tour - shameful! I finally did it when back home for a visit. I went right after the museum opened for the day, so I ended up being the only person on my tour. It was a bit awkward, as the young guide's material was clearly rehearsed, and with only me there, it was a bit odd - I would have liked to go with a larger group. In any case, the home is gorgeous (no photos allowed inside, though) and has many unique features that the original owner wanted. Great historical experience!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Took the guided tour of this pink granite stone mansion. Ann, our tour guide, was very knowledgeable about the home between 1891 & 1893. Tour took a little over an hour. Nearly all furnishings & decorations are original to the home. Many Tiffany chandeliers, 9X13-foot stained glass window on staircase, hand-painted celings, ten fireplaces, much woodwork. One of first homes to have electricity and running water during the time period. Well worth the $5 we paid as seniors. Gift shop has nice items. There is a restaurant in the Carriage House, but we were not able to eat there.

5  Thank francesamay2016
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This house has been meticulously preserved through the family, and 90% of what's in there was owned and used by the family. The docents are knowledgeable and friendly, and the 90-minute tour was a delight. There are stairs but also an elevator, so very user-friendly.

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This place is impressive!!! Compared to most historic homes, this one is jam-packed with old furnishings, beautiful woodwork, artwork, lighting and clearly a great example of the opulence of the time period. You can visit all three levels of the home by guided tour. This is unusual for historic homes. There are some exotic stuffed birds/animals on display, as owner was a naturalist, and even an original Egyptian mummy!!!!! Can't even see this at the NY history museum. If you are in the Pueblo area and appreciate history, this place is a must!!

1  Thank LKWendel

Been to Rosemount Museum? Share your experiences!