“"Best Western Minus"”

Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Pueblo
Victoria, Canada
“"Best Western Minus"”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Not what we expected from a Best Western Plus. Minimal effort has been made to achieve a "Plus" rating and they missed the grade here. Looks good on the outside but inside this hotel is showing it's age. The elevator looks like it's never been renovated and it creeks and groans like a very old car. Dated suite was okay clean, at least some dusty corners. But rooms were dark and lighting was not very bright.
Staff was great. Location is good. Breakfast below average.
Perhaps the alternatives are not much better here as this is rated at number 2.
We were disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask to look at a room before booking this one. We wish we had.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank TucsonGrant
Cheryl M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Eagleridge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
My staff and I are very sorry that we did not exceed your expecations during your stay in Pueblo, Colorado. My staff continues to recieve outstanding marks during the Best Western inspections and we continue to update the property as needed to keep it current with other new construction in the area. Our breakfast is ranked in the top 2% of all Best Western in North American including the hotels that have full service and we recently won the 2013 CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE FROM TRIP ADVISOR as we were in the top performing 10% of all business world wild on trip Advisor. The elevator in the hotel is only 8 years old and was just recertified in April by the city of Pueblo and the state of Colorado. Again, We try very hard to make each guest experience the best we can and are truly sorry we were not successful during your stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I had a few choices on where to stay on a short stay in Pueblo. After reviewing the choices, I picked this place, partially due to the location and the fact that I could bring the four-legged member of the family along for $20/night additional fee. I think that might be too much $ but it's probably the going rate. The front desk was very helpful and accommodating, answering all the questions I had regarding restaurant choices and refilling the hot water carafe. The room was clean and the furnishings looked new and current. The property itself looked well maintained and everything looked in service. Ah, but why the 4 rating and not 5? Well I have a few minor issues. The noise from outside, the hallway, parking lot ('66 mustang fastback warming up) and upstairs was noticeable. Ms. Pampered Pooch noticed it all, as did I. And the breakfast was good but could easily be improved. No egg white omelets (Mr. Picky) although they looked great and were cooked to order. The bagels were stale and hard, the French toast strips were soggy and pale and fresh fruit consisted of 2 bananas. That said, I know I'm being picky. So if you're not as picky as me, you'll have a great stay. If you are, you'll still have a pretty good one.

Room Tip: The parking is on both sides of the hotel so if you want to lessen the noise, you might want to try...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank chigurhanton
EAGLERIDGEPUEBLO, General Manager at Best Western Plus Eagleridge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding the BEST WESTERN PLUS Eagleridge Inn and Suites. My staff works very hard to exceed expectations and therefore, we will be adding egg whites to the breakfast omelet menu. and watching the begals much more closely. As we are only 5 miles from the Pueblo Motorsport Park which has drag racing 5 times during the warmer months, I am not sure that my staff can help with the problem of loud cars, as the races start about 8:00 a.m. on the week ends so most of the guests leave the hotel around 7:30 a.m. I do hope you will come back again so my chef can make you that egg white omelet.
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Found this to be a great place for a reasonable price. Stayed one night on a long road trip, and will use this facility again if in the area. Hotel and room were very clean, pleasant and tasteful, with a good bed and pillows. Staff were very personable, and the breakfast is a step up from most with a good variety of items served in a pleasant area as well as a 'chef' who cooks your order for eggs and omelets.

Room Tip: We like quiet rooms, and those on the south are better.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
EAGLERIDGEPUEBLO, General Manager at Best Western Plus Eagleridge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
We are so glad that you jound the BEST WESTERN PLUS Eagleridge Inn and Suites during your stay in Pueblo. My staff takes great pride in exceeding excpectations and we are so happy we were successful during your stay with us. We hope you will stop by and stay the next time you are in the area.
Oklahoma
Reviewed 6 May 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at a lot of best westerns. This one is very nice. The property is very well taken care of. The rooms are up to date. Our bed was very comfortable. Good quite A/C.

The breakfast is quite good with omlets to order.

The hotel is $20.00 pet freindly.

• Stayed May 2013
EAGLERIDGEPUEBLO, General Manager at Best Western Plus Eagleridge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Thank you for your great comments regarding the Best Western Plus Eagleridge Inn and Suites. We opened our doors on March 5, 2005 and have tried every day to make sure we can offer the best service for your money. Our breakfast is ranked among the top 2 percent in all North American hotels and number 1 in Colorado. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again when you are in the Pueblo area.
Reviewed 2 May 2013 via mobile

We had to stop late at night because of a storm and found the night person was nice but poorly trained for checking people in. The bed was comfortable and the room was slightly dated. I left my phone charger in the the room and when I called to ask them to send it to me there was a $10 charge. I have stayed in hotels all over the world and have only been charged once and I had to overnight the item. Most hotels that do charge only pass on the cost. I was told by the manager (with apathy) the policy is set by the owner and he has 14 properties. I didn't really feel like it mattered if I stayed there or not.

Stayed May 2013
We are sorry that we did not exceed your expectations, however, my desk clerk did tell you on the phone and again at check in that employee rates must be made on line. He was torn between following Best Western policy and providing Heroic Hospitalilty, he chose that latter. I am also sorry that you felt the mailing charges were too high, however, I did call around to the other hotels in the area and we are in line with their mailing charges.
turlock, california
Reviewed 30 March 2013

A nice Best Western and a great price. Our room had an issue and we were switched very quickly to another room. All was quiet except for the ding of the elevator so make sure to get a room away from that. Breakfast was a made to order omlette and it was great. Restaurants everywhere plus close to the freeway, yet quiet.

Room Tip: Back side, top story.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
EAGLERIDGEPUEBLO, General Manager at Best Western Plus Eagleridge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am glad that staff quickly took care of any issues regarding your stay. Our breakfast is rated among the top 2% of all BEST WESTERN hotels in North American and we are very proud of it so I am certaily glad that you enjoyed it. The elevator ding sound is controlled by ADA standards and therefore can not be changed . I am sorry that is was a problem during your stay but we do hope you chooose to stay with us again soon.