US$123
US$113
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$126/night.

Free cancellation until 04/08
US$133
US$85
ComfortInn
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$117/night.

US$95
Free cancellation until 05/08
US$178
US$140
US$200
US$156
BestWestern.com
All reviewsjacuzzi tubformal dining roomlovely victoriangarden roomevery morningvisit pueblokellycoultersuite
Reviewed 9 April 2011

From the moment we entered the house we felt at home. Not only was the decor a visual feast, but Kelly and Steve's hospitality was impeccable. The Judge Coulter room was the perfect mix between romance and practicality: an electric fireplace, with a fan to modify the temperature; a balcony with bistro table and seating; a jacuzzi tub,as well as a shower with plenty of towels; coffee and fruit served at our door, along with a scrumptious breakfast. My husband and I agree it was worth every penny!

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Talihowell927
Reviewed 2 January 2011

We are exploring cities in Colorado. Pueblo was a weekend on our itinerary. We'd never been to a bed & breakfast before but I had an overdose of romanticism from the prior evening so I wanted to sign us up for a bed and breakfast. I called all the bed and breakfasts in the area and Kelly at Edgar Olin returned the call within the hour. She was so personable I didn't look farther.

We had the Garden suite with the hot tub and ground level entrance. The hot tub got overused by us. The ground level entrance was nice on my knees. The garden will be out in spring but it looked like it would be pleasant when it was out.

Kelly and Steve were extremely accommodating. My wife is on a very restrictive diet. Just about all she can eat is meat and potatoes without the potatoes. Kelly went so far out of her realm to prepare a breakfast that was right up to my wife’s needs, even though she had others besides us in the house to prepare for.

Both Kelly and Steve were great conversationalists. We learned about the house, about Pueblo, about their family, and we certainly gave them our share of life, liberty, and our pursuit of interesting Colorado locations.

Edgar Olin is located north of the center of the city enough to be in a very quiet neighborhood off of a two lane road - 10 minutes from city central and 5 minutes from highway 25.

I would certainly recommend this B&B to others.

PS. On our way out we met a young couple who stayed there for a quick overnight. They were married for a year, and were revisiting their "honeymoon" suite. That told us a lot.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank waltklos
Reviewed 2 November 2010

On a road trip through the US recently we stayed in style at the Torbett room of the Elgin Olin Bed & Breakfast, owned by a lovely couple from LA called Kelly and Steve. The Edgar Olin is located in a residential district and the main house (where guests stay) dates from the Victorian period. The main house is tastefully restored with true coving, picture rails, skirting boards - effectively late 1800s english style - and decorated in a masculine palette of browns, deep reds and gold. Our room had a high antique bed and wooden writing desk and other furniture and a couples' chaise in the bay window area, and the tiled bathroom and a free standing claw foot bathtub.

In the morning, after a wonderful night's sleep in the antique bed, we joined our hosts downstairs in their dining room that's oddly reminiscent of the film sets of period costume dramas due to the Victorian decor. The table was already laid with matching silver coffee pot set and place settings and had prepared two vegetable omelettes and a pair of freshly baked apple dumplings with cinammon syrup - superb food and freshly cooked.

We would happily stay here again and would recommend it to anybody wanting a welcoming, warm and stylish stay in Pueblo.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank toms_on_a_trip
Reviewed 21 October 2010

My husband and I were bicycling cross country and decided to treat ourselves to 2 days at a B & B in Pueblo. We opted for the very reasonably priced Judge Coulter Suite. What luxury! Beautifully appointed room and bath, but the extra sitting room with fireplace and large juccuzi tub, gentle music and scented oils gave us such a feeling of luxury. The hosts pampered the guests, including such nice touches as having coffee at your door before breakfast at whatever time you choose. Everything about the stay was perfect.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2010

If you want a beautiful, comfortable, home-away-from-home in Pueblo where you feel immediately welcome and where the pampering begins upon arrival, look no further. I had a marvelous stay here in the Torbett Room. It is lovely, spacious, comfortable, with all the amenities to make for a great visit. There's a mini-fridge stocked with much-appreciated complimentary chilled bottled water and some welcoming home-made baked goods, a small microwave, a TV, an attached bathroom with clawfoot tub, a comfortable settee in the turret window (awesome place to read and have tea), beautiful antique furniture, and a delightful quilt on the bed. There's also an antique desk, perfect for writing post cards.

The rest of the house is a historic wonderland. The unique and beautiful carved wood incorporated into the original decor downstairs is definitely worth a look. The design of the parquet wood floor at the entryway, when viewed from above from the beautiful carved wood staircase, pulls off an amazing visual illusion. It appears to be three-dimensional (it reminded of a M.C. Escher print, in that respect).

Upstairs, on the same floor as your room, there is also a library room available to guests (a common room), filled with books, games, comfortable furniture, and a great assortment of complimentary herbal and black teas so you can relax and enjoy tea there anytime.

The breakfasts are delicious (such as homemade, hot-off-the-griddle banana pancakes with fresh bananas and strawberries, sausage and eggs, and even some tasty artisanal cheese). After the pampering, warm welcome, and happy comfort I experienced at the Edgar Olin Bed and Breakfast, I can't imagine staying anywhere else when I'm in Pueblo.

A wonderful adjunct activity to staying at this bed and breakfast is touring the stunning and super interesting nearby Rosemount Mansion and Museum. There, you can take a guided tour of a truly grand historic house built in roughly the same time period as the Edgar Olin House, and learn wonderful details about that era in Pueblo. There's even a good café in the carriage house on the Rosemount Mansion property, so it makes for a wonderful mid-day outing while in Pueblo. The Rosemount Mansion holds many surprises (it was definitely ahead of its time technologically), including some striking, original Maxfield Parrish paintings in one bedroom, and a small museum in the top floor that has a remarkably well preserved Egyptian mummy (among many other interesting and beautiful items).

For truly fine dining featuring locally sourced ingredients in the Pueblo area, I highly recommend Restaurant Fifteen Twentyone at 123 N. Main Street. The night I ate there, talented and innovative Chef de Cuisine, Ben Bedard, created a gastronomic tour de force in the form of a Chef's Tasting Menu for me. I highly recommend requesting a Chef's Tasting Menu if you dine there. Put the menu aside, leave the decisions about what you will eat for dinner in their very capable and ingenious hands, and just let them delight and surprise you with the series of delicious courses they will bring to your table. You won't be disappointed. My mouth is literally watering right now just thinking about it. They have an interesting wine list, too. I enjoyed a delicious bottle of Malbec from the Cahors region of France with my meal. It was a very memorable meal. It was a bit of a splurge, but unquestionably worth every penny to experience their cutting-edge cuisine that blends classic French technique with contemporary flair.

Between having one of the nicest B&B stays I've ever had, enjoying shopping and lunch in Pueblo's fun Riverwalk area, visiting the Rosemount Mansion and my splendid dinner at Restaurant Fifteen Twentyone, I had a great time in Pueblo!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo