“Not the best, not the worst ”

Santa Fe Inn and Suites Pueblo
Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Pueblo
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Not the best, not the worst ”
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

My friend made us reservations here for a hockey tournament. There is nothing wrong with the hotel, but it is very old and dated. The wallpaper was peeling and patched (very noticeably) the decor is not pretty but adequate. The bed was not incredibly comfy, but adequate. The room was warm, so we turned on the fan and slept well. It appeared to be a moderately questionable area of town, but we locked the door and I never felt unsafe. It had tv, wifi, a coffee maker and a fridge. The breakfast which was included was bagel and cream cheese, English muffin or doughnuts all yummy and only coffee, no juice or milk or tea. This is a bare basics stay, if you are on the road and saving money and don't care about beautiful surroundings them this us your spot. It was clean and adequate.

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank saungie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Great staff! Excellent value! Quiet, well maintained property. We are 'semi-permanent' residents (been here about 6 weeks, so far) We travel all over the country in our work, and this is one of the best places we have stayed. Tried a couple other places in Pueblo, and this tops them all! Thank you Melissa, Edward, and staff for making us so comfortable!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Alamosa, Colorado
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We had booked a room at the Comfort Inn. That was a BIG MISTAKE! The Comfort Inn was run-down, shabby, dirty, rudely-staffed and overpriced.
The Santa Fe Inn was WONDERFUL! Clean, helpful staff, great location and great price! We will stay here whenever we are in Pueblo!

Room Tip: Perfect location, close to EVERYTHING!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Marla C
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We'd survived cycling through the Great Plains in summer and needed some city R&R. I found this one on the trusty Android and I called to make reserves. We ended up staying three nights. Free laundry! Here's the thing: There are some permanent residents but they were harmlessly curious and friendly. There seemed to be a lot of Hispanic folks who kept to themselves, but were still curious...we arrived on fully loaded bicycles. We were in our room by dark and didn't go back out (too tired). I didn't feel in danger, at any time. The room was clean and we were well taken care of. I don't know if I'd stay there again, but it if not, it wouldn't be because of the room, service, or other guests.

Room Tip: Well, I think maybe I'd try an upper floor and, obviously, away from the road. We were there ov...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank 2Whitakers
Hardin, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 28 April 2013

we were travelling through colorado when our car broke down, tow truck driver recommended this hotel. excellent choice. me, boyfriend, small dog, rates are great , very affordable.. hot showers, nice location, very convenient to everything. couldn't ask for nicer people at the front desk either. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through pueblo, whether for a night or long term stay. . ps. i'm still loving it here..

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah W
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Stayed here because I needed extended stay and needed cheaper rates. First night I was told I couldn't have a special, that wasn't advertised until I went to check in, because I already made a reservation 20 minutes before I checked in. First night the room was freezing and front told me the temp couldn't be altered since it was "made that way". I know better, since I had the same set up in apartment. The gave me a space heater that barely worked. The room wasn't very clean and the fridge didn't work. Second night I opted for a cheaper rate, again money was tight. I was told that since I didn't tell them before check out that I wanted that rate, I had to pay full rate. I asked earlier that day and was told be manager to let them know before 9pm and they could change it. Would have left but they refused to refund my $. We left for dinner and when I opened my door there was a strong fragrance that wasn' there before, considering it smelled like smoke. I asked if someone entered my room and was told they had no way to check. Third night I gave my son a bath and the water wasn't very warm. I was told that it was because others used it too. Never experienced this in a hotel. Tried again to check out and get refund but was refused. I threatened to call police then they agreed. Along with other reviews, it was filled with sketchy people and lots of noise and loud arguments. Will never go there again.

• Stayed February 2013
5 Thank businesstraveler8282

Travellers are raving about these Pueblo hotels

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 23 September 2012

My boyfriend and I made a reservation here. We were in town for the State Fair when we pulled in we took one look at the swimming pool in which there were kids playing in and said to each other this isn't going to be good. You couldn't even see through the water is was such a horrible color of blue green it was gross!
Then the place looked as if it was housing the homeless on drugs , the smell of pine sol was so strong as if they were covering up something. We were paying $79.00 for this place we got to the room which was disgusting had picked up a towel and it smelled as if it was washed in pine sol. I had determined that we couldn't stay in this place and asked for our money back in which the man behind the counter said " don't you like the smell of pine sol on your towels" and he didn't know how to give a refund among other reasons why he couldn't give us a refund. The man behind the counter told us to call back to talk to the lady who worked over nights. We then went down the way to a much nicer place and paid a tad more money for a MUCH NICER PLACE ! We later contacted the lady he referred us to in which she had told us that the man behind the desk was the owner !!!! The lady refunded us half of our money back.
Don't stay here !!