“A very bad place”

Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in Pueblo
Pueblo co
“A very bad place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

I lived here I seen people get there rooms and get robed even before they get in people has died there I don't know why it is still open. It use to be a beautiful motel. When the romada had it I would not recommend the valustay to any one it should be condemned and torn down

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank wheels781

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Buffalo,MN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

I was a recent guest at valustay and it is the worst motel ever. I found dead cockroaches in my room and black mold. Also the new managers are rude, mean and they go through peoples rooms when they are not there. Also heaters don't work, rooms are very dirty, stained sheets and towels. No wash cloths, some door locks don't work, windows and sliding doors don't lock feel very unsafe. It is not worth it.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank power1996
Denver, Colorado, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

I visited Pueblo this weekend see my dad on his 65th birthday and brought my girlfriend and 11 yr old daughter.
My bother recommended this place for some reason. We should have seen the red flag when we got there and noticed signs everywhere saying " We are not closing, Under new management"
The room we got at this HELLHOLE had cigarette burns all around the nightstand the comforters and the carpet, it looked like blood stains on the bed spread, the curtains were barely hanging on the rail, there were yellow stains on the sheets, holes in every wall, its looked like dried blood on the soap dish, hair in the tub, the room was freezing and the heater barely heated and was missing its knobs and labels, I could got on and on. To top it all off there was a swastika carved into the door.
It went to the front desk and asked for another room or my money back only to be told they only had one other room and it wasn't any better and they refused to give a refund.
We decided to tough it out and just sleep in our cloths with our hoodies up!
We went to the store and when we returned were locked out of our room. I went back to the front desk and rang the bell for 20 minutes with no response until another guest came out and I began to tell them my story. Next thing the guy whom i'd been dealing with started yelling from they back that I was calling him a liar! He finally came out in a rage and claimed that I told him we were leaving. He came out from behind the desk started putting his finger in my face and accused me of being a crackhead and that they were trying to keep scum out of there hotel. I told him "Do you really think a crackhead would bring his daughter from Denver to smoke crack in Hotel in Pueblo? I was outraged and about ready to call the police, by then it was 1am and all we wanted was to sleep. I told him to open the room or refund me or I was calling the police. He finally agreed to open the room but told me "If I [--] up the room he would press charges" I told him " [--] up your room? Your rooms already [--] up buddy!" I could barely sleep and all night had nightmares about the place while I stayed there!!! HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Damian A
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

the staff is rude especially the female mgr shes very rude and deserves to be fired! ac units broken people in the pool all hours of night rooms dirty, bathrooms nasty and alot of prositution out of that hotel and bar. the bar is overpriced and has a bad selection id rather of slept in my car!

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank blah1985
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

Aside from everything being broken from the doors, to the AC/heater, to the Nightstands and closets, the worst part of this motel is the bed bug infestation of which has been confirmed. I would not recommend staying here to anyone. It is not worth it.

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank power81005
colorado springs
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

Box springs/mattresses were stained and filthy looking, pillows seemed 20 years old, utterly flat and fluffless, ac broken, bathroom disgusting, stains on walls and door, soap packages water stained, no shampoo, conditioner, only one towel. Back up door lock broken (as if the door had been kicked in at some point). I felt dirty after leaving this hotel. NOT worth the 50 bucks, just pay more somewhere (anywhere) else.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank funksiebobos
South Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2006

I would not recommend this motel to anyone! It is so dirty and old. Not safe at all. In a bad part of town also. We had reservations for a week and switched to Wingate Inn. It is very low class... Staff didn't have our reservation. Just not real with it! The Wingate Inn is wonderful, highly recommend it!

• Stayed July 2006, travelled on business