“Great hotel for the price”

Clarion Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Pueblo
Loveland, Colorado
“Great hotel for the price”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel has comfortable beds, tons of channels on the tv, fridge and microwave in most rooms and a very nice pool and hot tub. True it is older but we'll kept. Could probably stand to be remodled to keep the 3 star rating on travel advisor (priceline rates it as a 2 star) The fitness center is ok. Equipment is in working order but no weight equipment. Breakfast here is included and is a nice buffet with eggs, bacon, breakfast burritos, and the usual continental fare. Over all, a pleasant stay and would come back.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank James7979

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Raton, New Mexico
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I travel considerably for the company I work for, and as such, am exposed to many motels across the country. I have stayed at the Clarion Inn in Pueblo, CO going on 16 years. I've seen personnel come and go during this time, some retiring while others pursue other avenues. This past year has seen a change in management. Current Manager Angela has made it a point to accommodate my travel needs every month I stay. Newly hired front desk associate Marin is a bundle of joy, always smiling when I show up. Seasoned veteran Sara can accommodate any situation that may arise and is quick with the smile as well. The maid staff know what I want before I do, Rose is especially courteous and professional.

For my money, in my opinion, I am treated 'Better Than Family'.

Joseph J. Cardenas

Room Tip: For now, rooms on the southwest side have the fastest internet access, although I understand the mot...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Joseph C
ANGELA Q, Manager at Clarion Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Thank you so much for your review. We are striving to improve our guest satisfaction and make our hotel an enjoyable stay for every guest. Hope to keep on striving to give you the best on every visit to our establishment.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We requested a refrigerator for our stay, it was not provided. The associate, Sarah, was very rude on multiple occasions. We were told a manager would call us the next morning, but we never received a call. We went down to get the business card for the general manager and they had been removed. Sarah would only provide the name, but no means of contacting the general manager. The room was clean and the breakfast good. It would have been a good stay if the customer service hadn't been so bad.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Y40SNlizm

Travellers are raving about these Pueblo hotels

Colorado Springs
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My room smelled like cigarette smoke. There were air fresheners clipped to the heating/cooling unit. Neither the cigarette smell or the air freshener smell were appealing. I went to the fitness center to workout, but was unable to stay in there as the odor was also putrid. It smelled of mildew and rancid sweat. The hot tub was not hot. I travel to Pueblo quite frequently on business and have paperwork I do every morning over breakfast in my room. However at the Clarion Hotel when I went down to get a plate of breakfast, coffee and juice I was stopped by the rude breakfast attendant and informed I had to eat my breakfast in the dining room. When I asked why, she proceeded to lecture me on how "other people doing the wrong thing has ruined it for everyone else" and how they have had a problem with guests "stealing". I had one plate of food and asked if I could take it to my room as I had work to do. She said it was their hotel policy not to allow anyone to take food out of the dining room, but told me to ask the person at the front desk. I went to the front desk and she rudely told me "no" and "to go back to the dining room" with my food. I was on a tight schedule and needed to work and didn't have time to eat in the dining room then go to my room and finish work. She told me she didn't care and there was no way to make any exceptions. I ended up leaving my food there. The hotel staff preferred throwing out the food over allowing me to eat breakfast in my room. I never will stay at that hotel again and I highly recommend that no one respectable stay there either. There is an apparent issue with the clientele they serve - I do not want to stay in a hotel that has problems with crime and treats law abiding business guests as criminals.

Room Tip: Book at another hotel for your health and safety
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank Cary1966
Highlands Ranch, CO
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Our team mom booked the hotel for a 16U girls fastpitch team and our experience was so-so at best. The hotel website advertises hot breakfast and heated pool but neither was true. The hot tub looked broken for quite a while. The "game Room" included only a non-functioning air hockey table. The lounge area had been updated which was nice, the rooms had decent bedding, but bathrooms were tiny and not very clean. We were told it would be better in a few weeks but we won't be back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank PManCo
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Accused of and charged for taking towels, really? When I called to ask about the miscellaneous charge to my credit card, the girl on the phone "put me on hold" which consisted of talking to numerous other staff personell without actually putting me on hold and then getting huffy with me when I didn't respond right away to her accusation of 2 missing towels in the room. Shady Operation, steer clear!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Ashley W
Vinay S, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
After you checked out the housekeeping staff found that two towels were missing from your room. We have signs in our bathrooms which clearly state that missing towels will be charged and thats what we did.