“Loved it!”
Review of Ramada Pueblo

Ramada Pueblo
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Pueblo
Reviewed 24 July 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights & Mike upgraded us to a King Suite, the rooms were spacious and clean, friendly staff & great pool, at a great price- the only thing I think they could change is variety on their breakfast buffet- pretty much the same food all three mornings. We will be back the next time we are in Pueblo:)

Room Tip: ask to upgrade
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tharvey1111

Reviewed 2 June 2011

I stayed at the hotel for a considerable amount of time. I am confused on some of the comments that do not justify how nice this place is. The pool is now open, beds are great and the staff is very friendly. The price was perfect for the family travels and bkfst was excellent. The owner was working bkfst to make everything go smoothly during a busy time. Congrats, a hotel is finally doing it right without charging you an arm and a leg. Hskpg was better than the Large hotel downtown that charges outrageous prices.

1sweetp

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank floridaJ23
Reviewed 22 May 2011

Now really how well do they clean if there is still a half flushed dookie??? Beds were ruffled. Reported this to front desk and they got us another room next to maids office where i could see through the window on a white board "Change sheets Tuesday and Saturdays" Really? They don't change them after each night??? Yuck... Place needed some work dinged up doors filthy parking lot.... Really old TV..

This is whats wrong with america...profits before anything else. Guess I need to spend over $100 for a nice room

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank gregwithatotalof2gs
Reviewed 1 May 2011

After a two hour trip through a wind storm, I was glad to arrive at Ramada around 8 pm. Having a very important exam early the next day, I came to Pueblo as snow was predicted in the mountains and due to a fire on hwy. 96, a usual one hour drive, became a 2.5 hour drive and so headed for Pueblo. At Ramada, I asked for a quiet room area so that I could study, possibly away from the interstate/bright lights of the restaurant next door. I was told it was all pretty much the same. So I went to my room, put on the heat and went to the restaurant (also poor quality) where you receive a 20% discount because you are at Ramada. When I returned (I had unpacked before I ate), the room smelled like mold, strong mold. I called the front desk and they had me move to the room next door. Seemingly okay, I went to sit at the desk, but the chair just tilted backward, the couch was like a rock and so sat on the bed ready to study. Went to get a glass of water and the sink wouldn't drain. At this point it was after 10 pm and possibly the worst motel I could have stayed at to prepare for the next day. What a horrific experience after a terrible drive.

Room Tip: 20% discount at restaurant next door
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank mountainliving13
dennisyellowstone, Manager at Ramada Pueblo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2011

After reading your plight, I am not sure Trump Plaza would have been satisfactory. We apologize for any inconvenience. We are not affiliated with the IHOP next door with the exception of we share the same parking lot.. Please contact the hotel at your convenience so we can get your room number to correct any issues. Your trip sounded traumatic and I am sorry we were at the end of the trail. Being you were taking an exam, I am guessing you are a student and doing finals at CSU, Pueblo. I hope it went weel in spite of everything else that happened. Our last complaint was over 1 year ago which in hotel terms is a fairly good record. I hope you did well on your exam and thank you for your comments.

Dennis L. Patrick, Dir. of Operations
dennislpatrick4@msn.com

Reviewed 20 April 2011

We've stayed at the Ramada on March 18th, 19th, and checked out on the 20th. The rooms had comfortable beds, and the services offered from the hotel were Great! We especially loved the breakfast in the morning, and the drinks later on in the evenings that the hotel has available to it's guest, as a reception. The gentleman at the Front Desk was very accommodating, and answered a lot of our questions about things to do in Pueblo. My wife and I stayed in Pueblo the previous year, and we tried two hotels to stay at, but found the service that we had received back then, was lousy...so we ended up driving up to Colorado Springs. Now, I was so happy to find a place in Pueblo...the Ramada. Next time we go visit our Familym, we'll come back to stay at the Ramada

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Ramada Pueblo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2011

Thank you for taking the time to respond and compliment us. We take great pride in our hotel always trying to provide excellent service at a reasonable rate. Thank you for staying with us. We are a new management team which assumed duties for the owner in November 2010. The owner, as well, is committed to a level of excellence at a reasonable price. I have always told guest calling, you can stay at the North end of town, only 4 miles away from the heart of Pueblo and save $40 to $60 per night. CSU parents love it because of the proximity. Many thanks for your kind words.

Dennis Patrick, VP of Operations

Reviewed 21 June 2010

We were in Pueblo for a convention and booked this hotel 6 months before our arrival. At the time of booking the room we asked for a king size bed and also that the room of my parents was close to ours and we were very pleased because they accommodated all of our requests, so that was definitely a plus.

The rooms were outdated and the furniture was pretty worn out. The only modern thing in our room was the plasma TV. But, overall the room was very clean (which is what most matters to me) and the lady that did our room service did a great job, so we have no complaints. But, I do have to suggest that you request a room in the main building because it's further away from the freeway, so it's more quiet then their second building that is right next to the freeway and can get pretty noisy.

We also took advantage of the free breakfast every morning. The breakfast includes pastries, bagels, biscuits, oatmeal, eggs, waffles, coffee and juice. So, for us it was more then enough to get us going every morning. Plus, the lady in charge of the breakfast was great. She was really on top of things and always checking if things were running out or if the breakfast bar needed some cleaning. We also used the outdoor pool every night and also enjoyed it. It is small and does not have a jacuzzi, but we still enjoyed it.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel because of the great staff and because of how clean they maintained everything. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank NayaSantaFe
Reviewed 3 June 2010

We will begin with the positive things we have to say. We feel if you look hard enough, there is always something good to say. We had to look pretty hard with this one. The young lady at the desk when we checked in did a fabulous job with a horrible situation. The next day when we checked out we were almost afraid to check out the breakfast, but to our surprise, it was delicious. The hostess was very friendly and helpful. We then visited with the manager on duty at our check out time. He was very understanding and will to do what he could. We didn't ask for the discount. He graciously offered it. We really appreciate the people in the departments we mentioned. GOOD JOB!! Now for the things we don't enjoy talking about when it comes to any business, but we feel it's only fair to other travelers. The hotel is far below Ramada Inn standards we expected. The rooms, (we were in two of them and should have moved to the third) were very dirty. The furniture, including the bed and linens are garage sale quality at best. The floor was sopping wet from I can only imagine what and there was a stain on the chair by the desk no one would want to sit on. We were too tired to move again, so we just put up with it. The maids need to hit the road so this business can remain a viable business. We like to see businesses thrive in our economy, but this one is questionable if the housekeeping dept. desn't do their part. We congratulate the employees who are doing a great job with a terrible situation. We won't go into any more detail because we don't believe it's necessary. The manager on duty gave us a discount, which we appreciate very much. We don't feel he had the authority to give us the night free, but we feel the headquarters of Ramada Inn need to pay this bill in full. Thank you for letting us vent.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple