“Good for this range of motel”
Review of Econo Lodge

Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Pueblo
LAS CRUCES
“Good for this range of motel”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

For the price one pays ($49.95 + tax, on booking.com), this is a very adequate and convenient motel just off I-25 on the north end of Pueblo, Colorado. If you are on a long car trip, as we were, and drive up at 9:30 pm, it's good to know where you are going to stay. The room had everything we needed and the internet worked well (always a concern with us). While we could park not too far from our room at one end of the building, it was a bit inconvenient to have to use one's key every time one wanted to get in that door, so I stood at the door and opened it every time my husband brought something from the car. This means quite a number of trips because one takes a bit more on a car trip, than on a plane -- things like a cold box with food,other snack food, presents for the people one is visiting, coats, parkas, walking shoes, etc. -- all things one does not want to leave in the car overnight. The breakfast room was not huge, but adequate. There were the usual cold cereal, muffins, bread for toast, coffee, juice, but there were waffles, too. There may have been hard boiled eggs -- I just can't remember. There is a service station at this exit, too, so one can get gas before one gets on the Interstate in the morning.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ANNIE S

719-542-9933

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Greeley, Colorado
Reviewed 31 July 2013

After having a terrible experience at the Comfort Inn, I got a room at the Econolodge. The price was right, the rooms are very nice and the cleanest I have ever seen, and the service was above and beyond any that could be expected. Not one thing could have been better, I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Cleanest hotel rooms that I have ever seen!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Grammie_Suzy

Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night during a trip to the area hotel was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was adequate all the staff were very friendly the only complaint I could make is that it was noisey outside our room as we were next to the ice machine other wise great stay would reccomend

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Michelle F

Lund, Sweden
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We were satisfied with our night at the Econo Lodge in Pueblo. We enjoyed dinner at the nearby Mexican restaurant, The Cactus Flower which is within walking distance. The hotel is fairly quiet but the air conditioner was noisy. The pool looked nice although the hours did not allow us time to use it. We appreciated the fridge, coffee maker (no tea bags) and wifi. We enjoyed the Belgian waffles for breakfast. Luckily, there weren't many people in the breakfast room as it is very small.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gssmultron

Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We were very satisfied with our room, which had two queen size beds and all the other amenities we could have wanted including a nice size refrigerator and free wifi. The pillows were definitely not the most comfortable, kind of felt like they were filled with plastic. The AC worked well but it was loud. The breakfast was good and included fresh fruit and eggs plus the opportunity for hot waffles, but the eating area is small and it was so crowded that we had to take our food up to our room. Still, we were very satisfied with this motel and the nearby Mexican restaurant, the Cactus Flower, was superb.

Room Tip: There is no elevator so you have to carry your bags up to the second floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LicoriceLady

Savannah, Missouri
Reviewed 18 May 2013

After checking out of this hotel and after driving 100 miles down the road, I received a call from the hotel in which I was told that I had stolen three pillows from them, that he had called the police, and that I had one hour to return the pillows. I immediately responded that I had NOT stolen any pillows from them! My wife wants me to add, why would we EVER steal pillows from that NASTY Econo Lodge in Pueblo because they seemed to be made of some sort of plastic anyway?? The person from the hotel called me a "little piece of [--] pillow thief" and said that he was going to call the police and that there would be a warrant issued for my arrest! It was unbelievable!! When I stated several times that I had not stolen any pillows and called him a liar for accusing me of doing that, he hung up on me. He called back about two minutes later and informed me that the police were on there way to the hotel and that he had charged my credit card $100. I asked him to not hang up but to talk to me. I asked his name and he told me CARSON. I asked to talk to the manager or owner to which he told me that he was the OWNER of the hotel. I explained that I have never stolen anything from a hotel in my life, but he just began talking loudly over me saying something about the fact that my signature on the registration card gave him the right to charge me for theft if he felt I had stolen something. He hung up on me again! Yes, he DID STEAL $100 FROM MY CREDIT CARD, I checked it this morning. I called CHOICE HOTELS Customer Service and was on the phone with them for at least 45 minutes. They said that they would get back to me within 72 hours. WE DID NOT STEAL ANY PILLOWS FROM THIS HORRIBLE HOTEL.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank Jered S

719-542-9933

Travellers are raving about these Pueblo hotels