“Great Weekend Trip”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Red Feather Lakes
Sundance Trail Guest & Dude Ranch
Denver
“Great Weekend Trip”
Reviewed 2 May 2008

My partner and I spent a weekend at the ranch and had a great time! This is an awsome place to come, relax and unplug. Our cabin had no TV, radio, internet, land line or cell phone service - and we loved every minute if it.

The ranch is VERY dog friendly. We brought our two dogs and they were not on a leash the entire weekend; they had a blast hiking and playing with the ranch dogs. The owners are animal lovers and it shows. Their dogs, horses, chickens and geese (they may have other animals) are all well cared for and loved. I went trail riding on both days of my stay and the trail guide tailored our ride to my experience level. We were able to walk, trot and canter in the forest; it was an amazing experience.

They also serve great food - very basic but delicious! We ate breakfast, lunch and dinner. Everybody eats family style and there was always plenty of food. They also leave out sweets, coffee and tea all day and night for the guests.

It was a great weekend and I would recommend this place everyone!

• Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank moosey13

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Woodstock
Reviewed 7 August 2007

I discovered this ranch using my indispensible ranch vacation guide, which, for the most part, is accurate.
Sundance is not pretentious, family owned and operated.
The riding was fun, and the ranch hand we had discouraged nose-to-tail riding! The scenery was spectacular, and we had a nice group of people staying there when we did.
The accomodations were clean and cozy, and not fancy, which was fine with us. I would say that Sundance had a rather "Walton's" feel to it.
I liked that I was allowed to brush my horse and even tack him up if I wanted. These are not uptight people at all.
The only negative thing that I can come up with for our stay was the food. They were between chefs at the time, so one of the sons took over the job of cooking. The best meal of the day was breakfast, and lunch was decent....but you were at the son's mercy for dinner. He just wasn't culinary trained, but thought he was.
Despite the disappointment during dinnertime, we did enjoy ourselves, and got to enjoy seeing the mountains on horseback.
The owners are very nice people, very warm, and down to earth.
By now I'm sure Sundance has a real chef in that kitchen!!

• Liked — The horseback riding
  • Disliked — Dinner
  • Stayed September 2005, travelled with family
3 Thank WoodstockGanesha
Colorado
Reviewed 25 January 2007

The staff was friendly and the food was pretty good, but the cabins are another matter. Sometimes there's fine line between “rustic” and just plain dirty and poorly maintained. Unfortunately, the Sundance Trail cabins fall into the latter category. We also couldn't help but notice that virtually all of the horses look very thin. Not neglected or abused, but definitely underfed.

Stayed September 2006
18 Thank averagejoeColorado
Bostom, MA
Reviewed 14 November 2006

Had great time staying there and learning to ride. Very friendly and knowledgable satff, great food, days seemed too short to fit all the things that we wanted to do. Would love to come back here again!

• Liked — beautiful place, good to learn riding
  • Disliked — main computer is slow
  • Tips/Secrets — bring your own laptop if want to check emails (they have wireless), expect to climb the rocks to get cell phone coverage (which is fun!)
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank natalie777
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 January 2003

Great get-away, rooms are clean, nicely decorated, and comfortable with nice views. Friendly atmosphere makes it easy to relax. Many hiking and horseback riding trails to come back and explore next time. Oh and the food -- always good, and plenty of it, loved the cookies!

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to Sundance Trail Guest & Dude Ranch? Share your experiences!