My partner and I spent a weekend at the ranch and had a great time! This is an awsome place to come, relax and unplug. Our cabin had no TV, radio, internet, land line or cell phone service - and we loved every minute if it.
The ranch is VERY dog friendly. We brought our two dogs and they were not on a leash the entire weekend; they had a blast hiking and playing with the ranch dogs. The owners are animal lovers and it shows. Their dogs, horses, chickens and geese (they may have other animals) are all well cared for and loved. I went trail riding on both days of my stay and the trail guide tailored our ride to my experience level. We were able to walk, trot and canter in the forest; it was an amazing experience.
They also serve great food - very basic but delicious! We ate breakfast, lunch and dinner. Everybody eats family style and there was always plenty of food. They also leave out sweets, coffee and tea all day and night for the guests.
It was a great weekend and I would recommend this place everyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family owned and operated dude ranch 100 miles NW of Denver - we love living here, and we love guests!Family friendly summer dude ranch, and pet friendly B&B the rest of the year, with horseback riding every day.Families play together and make memories of shared adventures. Horseback riding, mountain hiking, white-water rafting, awesome disk-golf, trout fishing, riflery/trap and lots more!Ours is not a nose-to-tail program - a good place to learn to ride. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sundance Trail Guest And Dude Ranch
- Sundance Trail Guest & Dude Ranch Hotel Red Feather Lakes
- Sundance Trail Guest & Dude Ranch Colorado/Red Feather Lakes