Our family visited in early June this year and had a fantastic size. Our large group of 4 families/15 people was easily able to intermingle with the 3 other families there. We loved that we had the same horse all week and were able to form a bond. The activities were abundant and a great mix! They had something for everyone from the most active in the group to the ones who just wanted to pick and choose. My tip: for many who are having their first time on horseback the one day trip looks daunting, but pick it...it was great! The rides out into Roosevelt National Forest are great, but you can also experience rock climbing, bouldering, riding and hiking without even leaving the ranch! I highly recommend this ranch and the experience. We loved it so much all 15 of us are returning in 2 years to do it again! (we had ages 7-62 in our group for reference)
p.s. the food is also plentiful and great!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family owned and operated dude ranch 100 miles NW of Denver - we love living here, and we love guests!Family friendly summer dude ranch, and pet friendly B&B the rest of the year, with horseback riding every day.Families play together and make memories of shared adventures. Horseback riding, mountain hiking, white-water rafting, awesome disk-golf, trout fishing, riflery/trap and lots more!Ours is not a nose-to-tail program - a good place to learn to ride. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sundance Trail Guest And Dude Ranch
- Sundance Trail Guest & Dude Ranch Hotel Red Feather Lakes
- Sundance Trail Guest & Dude Ranch Colorado/Red Feather Lakes