Visited in one of the last weeks of August 2013 with our 2 children aged 14 and 11. What a fantastic way to spend a week! Arrived in the pouring rain and tremendous storm, so everything was not looking its best when we arrived - lots of mud!! However, when the sun is shining, this is such a beautiful place. Endless trees and views, fresh air, sunshine, hummingbirds outside your window - wonderful. We stayed in a cabin away from the main lodge, which was perfect for a family of 4. Basic and clean and everything functioning. All meals are taken in the beautiful main lodge, so you get to meet and know all the other families and staff really well. The food was sublime - simple homecooked food and lots of it - Kay, you were a star!! Lots of riding on the same horses each day - the horses are very well trained and in lovely condition. You dont have to ride all the time if you do not want to - the itinerary is flexible and the staff very relaxed about what you want to do and when. As well as riding we loved the rock climbing (do not do it blindfold as my eldest daughter did!) and rafting and the chance to shoot on the range. Arena games on the last day is a great way to finish off the week. What really made the week enjoyable was the staff - very friendly and welcoming and above all really good fun. We had a great week at Sundance and I would recommend this for any family with a sense of adventure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family owned and operated dude ranch 100 miles NW of Denver - we love living here, and we love guests!Family friendly summer dude ranch, and pet friendly B&B the rest of the year, with horseback riding every day.Families play together and make memories of shared adventures. Horseback riding, mountain hiking, white-water rafting, awesome disk-golf, trout fishing, riflery/trap and lots more!Ours is not a nose-to-tail program - a good place to learn to ride. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sundance Trail Guest And Dude Ranch
- Sundance Trail Guest & Dude Ranch Hotel Red Feather Lakes
- Sundance Trail Guest & Dude Ranch Colorado/Red Feather Lakes