Sundance Trail Guest & Dude Ranch
Nicky's Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$87
Orbitz.com
Deer Crest Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$109
Official Site
StoneBrook Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$149
Stanley Hotel(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$253
  • Restaurant
Blue Door Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$106
Official Site
Appenzell Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$120
Estes Mountain Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$124
Travelocity
Econo Lodge(Estes Park)
US$83
Hotwire.com
Hotel Estes(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$109
All reviewsrock climbinghorseback ridingother guestshot tubjust returned from a weekfamily vacationwonderful hoststhe main lodgehead wranglerrelaxing getawaysquare dancespecial thanksthe entire staffoff seasondenver airportellenhorses
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 March 2014

My husband, 9 year old and I stayed at the ranch for a fall weekend and had an amazing time! They are dog friendly and there is always something to do. The ranch is ran by an amazing team!
We just booked our second visit. Love Sundance Trail!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Nicole M
Reviewed 25 January 2014

As a young girl, I always dreamed of living out West and being able to ride wide open fields on horseback. When I was 7 years old, my mother booked a vacation for us at Sundance Trail Guest Ranch for my upcoming 8th birthday. The months prior to the trip, we both took riding lessons to be prepared for the trails! Before our vacation, we ended up purchasing our first horse because we had fallen in love with the lifestyle. It was miraculous, and little did I know, that would soon become my passion. That week on the ranch will forever be a memory that I will treasure. I went horseback riding, white water rafting, and hiking. I also was the little girl that tormented the goats by trying to teach them to walk on a leash! I remember the wranglers, the food, and all the other guests were all FANTASTIC. It felt like a huge family, and I would do anything to go back and relive that week over and over again. Even as an adult, I realize what that type of trip means to someone. It is not just another “vacation”, it is an adventure.

I would like to thank the Ranch and and their great staff for providing me with a trip that has changed my whole life. Ever since leaving the Ranch, I have ridden, owned, and trained countless horses. Horses impacted my life, but more importantly, the ranch influenced it all. I am hoping that that vacation was not the end of my relationship with Sundance Trail Guest Ranch, but no matter what, it will forever be a treasured memory. This trip has been years ago, however i know that the Ranch has done nothing but make improvements ever since. This is the dude ranch to choose!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Hayley S
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Ever gone horseback riding in the snow far away from everything? If not, you should definitely try it! We spent MLK Weekend at Sundance Trail and had a wonderful visit. This is a great time of year to visit and it is a very quiet and peaceful experience. Here is a brief summary of our visit.

Arrival: Dan (owner) met us upon arrival and gave us a tour of the ranch and showed us to our room. We happened to be the only guests for the weekend so he invited us to spread out on the second floor of the guest house. (There were three of us: two adults and a child.) During a walk around the facility he introduced us to the head wrangler, Tom, and showed us the recreation building.

Meals: We ate like Kings and Queens while at the Ranch. Dan and Ellen (owners) obviously take pride in the quality of the meals. We tend to eat fairly healthy and my wife has a gluten-intolerance that they easily accommodated. In fact, they made homemade gluten-free rolls, muffins,and biscuits for every meal just for her! Meals are served family style, which means eating with Dan, Ellen, Tom (wrangler), and Nick (wrangler). They are delightful and we enjoyed every meal. I recommend Ellen's briscuit very highly... definitely request it!

Horseback Riding: There is a daily ride in the morning around the property and into the National Forest that adjoins the property. None of us are experienced riders and it was our 11 year old daughter's first time on a horse. Tom made her immediately comfortable and within no time we were heading off onto the trails with Tom giving her frequent tips to improve her skills. We chose to add a second afternoon ride to our visit because our daughter enjoyed it so much. On our second day, Nick led us on the morning ride and he was equally attentive and enjoyable. Our daughter is hooked and can't wait to ride again.

Entertainment: In the winter, it is about getting away and enjoying the peace and quiet of the ranch. We spent some time in the recreation building playing games and reading. We watched a couple of movies at night while a fire roared in the fireplace. And there is also a hottub just outside the recreation building this is very welcome after the morning ride. But mostly it was nice to get away and enjoy some quiet time away from the hustle-and-bustle.

We had a wonderful visit and we plan on making this an annual winter weekend trip. I definitely recommend visiting in the winter if you have the opportunity.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We visited the ranch in mid June 2013 with our 13 year old daughter. For our family, we found this to be better than a trip to Disney World - everything here was REAL! With only one other family staying at the ranch, we all quickly became friends. The staff was terrific and the food was great. Many thanks to Chad and Jen!! We ate and ate and ate...the food was served family style, fresh and tasty. Even the lunches on the rides were great. We would stop for lunch and there was another wonderful meal waiting for us! Our daughter was impressed with the staff treating her like she was a part of their extended family. Actually, this whole trip felt more like a visit to see relatives than staying somewhere unknown. When I didn't know where our daughter was one afternoon, we found her helping to clean out the chicken coop (she had volunteered) and loving it. It was her dream trip! As far as activities, there was a lot to do even if you choose not to ride horses.We went white-water rafting, rock climbing, tomahawk throwing,rifle and black powder gun shooting, hiking and just sitting on the porch enjoying a large lemonade or sweet tea. Our daughter thought she had gone to heaven with the bottomless cookie jars calling out to her every time she passed the lodge. One of the highlights of the trip for her was sleeping out in the teepee with Alex and Brent after an evening of jackalope hunting. She also liked painting (yes, painting) her horse. For my husband - he did not want to ride horses, but took the opportunity to take a couple thousand pictures and to relax on the porch, watch the hummingbirds and eat a couple (or more) cookies. My favorite part of the trip was swimming with the horses on the last day. It was the most amazing thing I think I have ever done. The stars were brighter at night than we had ever imagined. We could hear the horses in the pasture at night and felt truly relaxed. There are no air conditioners in the rooms, but guess what? You don't need them. The temperature at night drops to make it perfect for sleeping. If it gets too cool - there is heat, don't worry! The cabin was clean and homey and the beds were comfortable.

We spent time together as a family and came home unstressed, unplugged and unwound.Dan, Ellen and staff made us feel welcome from the moment we set foot on the ranch until we drove away. Our daughter cried for the first half hour after we left for the airport. We will definitely be back to enjoy their hospitality again. The Hammer family

Room Tip: We loved being away from the main lodge, but it was only a minute walk to get to the lodge for meals and porch sitting.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Hammer_Family2013
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This ranch is truly unique - not only do they welcome dogs (and have several wonderful ones of their own) but they allow weekend visits in autumn, winter and spring. They also offer, at NO charge, special murder mystery weekend packages! Food is abundant and delicious (amazing baked goods - especially killer apple pie!) along with well-kept and loved horses, lovely grounds, hot, hot tub, game room and very fair prices (surprisingly) on beer and wine and gift shop - best I've seen yet in some 18+ ranch visits. Whole family will feel comfortable here!

Room Tip: Decide if you want to be in the main lodge or a cabin - both have pros and cons :)
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family