“Excellent service and great food”

Beaver Meadows Resort Restaurant
Franktown, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent service and great food”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My wife and I determined to escape for a wedding anniversary and spontaneously settled at this lodge for some time away.
During this time we ate all our meals at the on-campus restaurant.
The majority of our interface was with a waitress, Alex, whom we found most professional and pleasant.
We found the food and environment to be very satisfying.
In summary, we do expect to return - perhaps with additional family members - for another stay which will certainly include the restaurant.
An easy recommend.

• Visited November 2013

Livermore, Colorado, United States
“Less than steelar wait staff”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Beaver Meadows is a resort in a particularly lovely location in the Colorado Mountains
and not far from where I live with my husband. Recently, we had our anniversary and I suggested lunch at the restaurant to celebrate.
The restaurant itself is the rustic log cabin style and quite pleasing. We were told to seat ourselves and we sat at a table with a view of a pretty lake. The place was decorated for Halloween, appropriately for the most part but I found the severed head on the pike to be less than appetizing.
We looked around and there was no drink menu on the table so I had to ask the waitress if there was any champagne. She said she would check and we didn't see her again. The second waitress that showed up handed us our menus. When I asked if there was any champagne she said they didn't have any - that's all. She didn't offer a sparkling wine or make any other suggestions. Also, there were apparently lunch specials being offered but the waitress made no mention of them to us so that there was no way of knowing if there was anything else available, other than going back to the entrance where they were listed.
While the menu was standard fare; sandwiches, soups, burgers, pizzas and salads, this is expected for the clientele and I ordered a veggie sandwich. When the waitress asked me what I wanted for a side, I asked for the lettuce, tomatoes and pickles that were listed on the menu. The waitress insisted that I could get a side, apparently not being that familiar with the menu and not realizing that what I had asked for had been offered as a side. She seemed impatient and probably new at the job with inadequate training. I also heard the other waitress dissing one of the menu items to another customer.
A couple of other issues was that when I finally ordered a beer, the waitress brought me an open bottle and no glass. I asked for a glass, and she eventually brought me a chilled glass which I thanked her for.
There was no salt on the table so I had to steal it from a neighboring table. There was a menu advertising their Thanksgiving menu with four separate entrees; oven-roasted turkey, baked honey ham, prime rib and a vegetarian quiche. No prices were listed and the waitress was uninformed of what the prices were.
I haven't been to Beaver Meadows for dinner. Maybe the dinner service is better but it seemed to me that the lunch staff suffers from a lack of training.