“Great stay at Redstone Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Redstone Inn

Redstone Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Redstone
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Denver, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great stay at Redstone Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

Restaurant in the bar is casual and always enjoyable. Food is really good and afordable.

• Visited August 2011

Columbus, Ohio
“Fuzzy Math”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

We had a large family gathering here and most meals were well-prepared according to those I spoke with. My complaint is not with the quality of the food but the service and the computing of the checks. My husband and I had a salad with added salmon. The price on the menu was 10.50 for the large basic salad but when our bill arrived, we were over charged. When I questioned the bill, the waitress became quite rude and refused to change the total. Even after pointing out that the total was incorrect and she agreed that it was wrong, she asked what I wanted her to do about it! After several go-arounds where I asked for the bill to be corrected, she just became more outraged.

The salad was a 'dinner' salad but the portion was small, served on a luncheon-sized plate and almost all lettuce and the serving of salmon was tiny.

Since this was a large group, gratuity was added (not counting an additional fee and gratuity that was charged for the private room) so our two small salads ended up costing us $50.00!!! I dare say, at that price each leaf of lettuce must have cost us 25 cents!

If you are planning a large group, watch the math! Several others in our group had the same problem with incorrect bills and the same rude behavior so I can only think it is the hotel/restaurant's policy.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank CORA620
Redstone, Colorado
“Turn of the century charm with haute cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

Try the Sonoma Salad with a small steak...delicious...or the elk wrapped in phyllo...or the baked brie....or the tortilla soup.....or the Cowboy steak.....yummy.

• Visited March 2011
Colorado
“Still Horrible. Stay Away. It will save you $”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2010

So it has been a year since we last stayed the night at the Redstone Inn and we were up for a change in plans for dinner, so I thought why not, perhaps things have changed since my last visit (see review). Things have only deteriorated.

Our stay this time was limited to dinner thank goodness.

The bar tender seated us. Our table was so dark we couldn't read the menu. I was about to ask for a flashlight. Everyone in our party was wearing their winter coats as a huge draft was coming from somewhere. I eventually got up and found about 2/3 of the kitchen staff out smoking with the back door open. I closed it without asking.

We ordered drinks from the bar. Weak. Couldn't taste any alcohol in my 8$ mixed drink. Felt ripped off. Ordered dinner. Waited for about 35 minutes for our food which was incredible considering there was 1 other table of 4 in the entire place. About half of us ordered the chicken fried steak, which consisted of something you buy at the grocery in or Sam's club. A solid puck of breaded mulch meat (pre-cooked). The entire content of the plate was about 10 ounces. And it cost $15.

I felt like someone had just made me a microwave meal, made me wait 35 minutes, and then charged my group $150 for five dinners and a couple drinks. The wait staff was totally weird. Tried talking to our waitress about what is was like to live in Redstone. She stared at us like a deer in headlights, muttered a one word response and walked away.

Do yourself a favor. Avoid this place at all costs. This is the worst restaurant in the area by a country mile.