The Redstone Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Redstone Cliffs Lodge(Redstone)(Great Value!)
US$134
Travelocity
  • Free Internet
Snowmass Mountain Chalet(Snowmass Village)(Great Value!)
US$113,503
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Inn & Suites Carbondale(Carbondale)(Great Value!)
US$98
ComfortInn
Days Inn Carbondale(Carbondale)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$96
No availability for your dates from our partners
The Crestwood Condominiums(Snowmass Village)
Viceroy Snowmass(Snowmass Village)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewscrystal riverfireside roomhistoric hotelvintage roomcolorado historymodern amenitiesfall colorsgreat roompool and hot tubthere is no air conditioningmountain townwi figlenwood springslarge roombed was very comfortablecrested buttewedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went to Redstone for a romantic getaway.

1) Redstone, Co: The idyllic town is very small with a fascinating history. It's set on one street along the river, only 1/2 mile long; but there's a few cute shops & a wonderful cafe for lunch or dinner. All homes in Redstone must be kept to certain historic standards & the yards are beautiful. Walk from the Inn and you can find a private road overlooking the rest of the town, that welcomes pedestrian only traffic. The historic fire house & other beautiful homes sit on the on the hill & home owners are happy to share the history.

2) the Inn: The historic Inn is beautiful! There's a small spa, a beautiful outdoor pool & billards room below.
I loved the historic rooms & think they're a charming mix of the original details, with some modern conveniences added. My husband is more of a chain hotel type & thought it was outdated. It was clean, the beds comfortable & the rooms are spacious. Due to the age of the building the walls were a bit thin.
The gourmet restaurant was very good and though pricey, worth it. We ate at the bar the next night & it was very busy. Our waiter was trying to service the dining area & the outdoor dining as well. We could only watch helplessly as my husband's margarita sat on the bar as the ice melted, watering the drink down before I got up & grabbed it. The poor waiter was busting his rump while the bartender just watched the tv behind the bar as drinks piled up. Seems like he could've helped the waiter out a bit... But the food was good, our server apologetic.

Overall, the pace of the town is slow & easy; a good place to unwind, go on some hikes or bike rides. There's a tour of the castle I regret not taking, and stables across the highway for trail rides. I recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Bugaboos2
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This is my second time to the town of Redstone....it is a magical, beautiful, and friendly place. The hotel has a nicely furnished restaurant and bar. It also provides a pool, jacuzzi, and gym. However, the rooms need updating. Only one person could fit in the bathroom and it was run down. But for one night, it was fine. Tip: ask to see your room prior to taking it. There was no air conditioning in the room, too. Having a room over the bar/restaurant would not be pleasant with the noise and smells. The staff there were pleasant and helpful.
There are some B and B's down the road and nice homes to rent. I would suggest that.
The Redstone Inn has tremendous potential. It just needs to address some room renovation issues.

Room Tip: Always ask to see it first!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I love Redstone and would sleep under the bridge just to be there. Fewer and fewer places in Colorado can give you such a spectacular view of the stars or have that old Colorado feel. I had really high hopes for the Inn (this was our first stay) but sort of get the feeling that it has two personalities. Some of the other reviewers really raved about the place but our experience was just ok. I suspect it was because we had our dog in tow. They have dog friendly rooms (which is great) and we booked one. We arrived late and literally caught the receptionist on her way out the door to go home. She was nice, we signed in and drove around to our room. It was a motel like arrangement. We parked right outside our room. The room faced on to a dirt parking lot which was ok but not particularly scenic. The room itself was big but spartan. Big beds but the finishings were really basic verging on run down. I expected noise from the parking lot in the morning but that wasn't a problem. In any event, the rooms in the main part of the Inn may have more character which is why I suspect that there could be two kinds of experiences. The lobby was certainly appealing and the bar looked fun. We didn't stay long enough to use the pool or other facilities.

You are right on the edge of the "town" and it made for a couple of nice walks, one in the evening and one in the morning. Our interaction with the staff was minimal but they were friendly enough.

I love Redstone and was happy to be there. I also liked having the dog along and the Inn made this easier. However, the room itself was average and the price was on the high end which reflects the lack of alternatives.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TravellingColoradans
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Town of Redstone is across Crystal River from Hwy 133. Redstone Inn is a charming 100 year old hotel, with well maintained grounds, heated pool, jacuzzi and gym. Approx 75 rooms, library, tennis court, popular bar and restaurant, and formal dining room. Food and service in the bar was very good and food was much better than standard pub food. Wait staff and receptionist were always attentive and helpful. We had a king room on 3rd floor with 1/2 bath and shared bath/shower. Never a problem with shower availability. Room with king was very private with nice views and very comfortable bed.

Redstone is 30 miles South of Glenwood Springs on Hwy 133. Originally built for coalmine workers in 1902 along with the town. Mine has long since closed. The area has stunning scenery, and hiking. Marble (5 miles South) is very interesting (Lincoln memorial stone from the Marble quarry). Take jeep tour to crystal city, or hike. Glenwood Springs has lots of activity including adventure park and mineral hot springs. Aspen is 50mi away on good 4 lane road, well worth a visit, as well as Independence Pass (road to Leadville from Aspen), with crazy bends.

Arrived in town expecting a couple of rundown motels, and was very impressed with RedstoneInn. Extended our stay by 1 day as had such a great time. We will be returning.

Room Tip: get room overlooking garden on East side. West side gets afternoon sun.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bitnibbler
Reviewed 22 July 2013

quaint historic hotel. Clean and comfortable, expect small rooms. We were there for a wedding so we had 2 breakfasts and a catered dinner. All were delicious. The catered meal was one of the best I have had. Staff was helpfully. Breakfast service on the patio was relatively quick considering the number of guests sitting on the patio.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple