“Good state park in Western Colorado, close to many activities”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ridgway State Park

Ridgway State Park
Ranked #2 of 15 things to do in Ridgway
More attraction details
Owner description: Park that has a little bit of everything, from camping and boating to hiking and fishing.
Larkspur, Colorado
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Good state park in Western Colorado, close to many activities”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Just came back from a 4 night stay at Ridgway State Park. Would definitely stay here again.

Pros: Restrooms were nice, very clean, nice large campsites for a 36' 5th wheel RV, many walking and biking trails, fishing ponds close by, also fishing available on the river, swim beach by the dam, beautiful views, no traffic noise, close to Ouray and Montrose. Make sure and visit the Ouray Hot Springs

Cons: Only 30 amp service available. Also, if you are staying during the summer bring your mosquito spray!

2 Thank Kathy T

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Beautiful and close to many attractions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stayed in Ridgway with the intention of spending my visit exploring the attractions in Ouray, Ridgway's neighboring town. However, Ridgway was a beauty in itself. My boyfriend and I stayed in a walk-in campsite on the rim of a canyon and had a breathtaking view of the beautiful reservoir. The walk-in campsites all have beautiful views, but the camp hosts said ours was the best view and we couldn't agree more! ...and the hosts were very congenial. They loaned us extra tent stakes and we enjoyed getting to know them and their adorable dogs.

You can spend a good deal of time in Ridgway State Park without needing to venture further for beautiful sites and things to do...but as a bonus, the town has many exciting activities, restaurants, bars, etc. to offer and Ouray, another charming town, is right next door!

3 Thank joansc47
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A beautiful campground in an amazing location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

we stayed in c loop of the campgrounds at ridgway. Our campsite was great. It was a walk in, which we are usually skeptical of doing, but it was worth it because our campsite had an awesome view of the reservoir. We had bathrooms very close, and the showers were walkable, but we usually drove to them on the way out for the day.

I can't say we spent a whole lot of time at this park, although there was a pace to swim and fish and hiking trails. we did go to the Orvis Hot Springs which was an awesome experience. It was so relaxing, and it was such a non-judgmental environment. I loved the people of Ridgway. Also, if you camp or stay here, you must go to Ouray. we did a jeep tour there and we also explored some bars and restaurants. Such a great vibe there and the people are so passionate about their great city. I'm already planning my trip back next summer!! And I went a lot of different places on a cross-country road trip. If I had to pick, this was my favorite place.

2 Thank Cooper V
Longmont, Colorado
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Plenty to do”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

You can put in your boat. You can go to the swim beach and there's a playground there. Plenty of places to walk around and hike. Beautiful views. There are three entrances, several campgrounds, astounding views.

2 Thank go_mommy
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“One of the best state parks, ever, anywhere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

It's beautiful, well-maintained, & has so much to do! The water & mountain views are gorgeous this is a place to linger, with low humidity, few insects & lots of sunshine!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Teresa L

Been to Ridgway State Park? Share your experiences!