This is review is admittedly a bit late, but the good memories remain. I had the pleasure of staying at the Chipeta Sun Lodge in March of this year on business. Our organization got good rates on its rooms because March was (I think) considered off-season.
The lodge has a wonderful view of the nearby mountains. If you're travelling with teenagers, take note of this - there's a skatepark just steps away from the front door! The staff, though rather young, seemed to work well together and seemd to all be "multi-taskers," working the front desk, restaurant, spa, etc.
I must confess I was a bit taken aback by the lack of TV in my room (no Law & Order? AAAAAH!), but this turned out to be a blessing in disguise, as I was able to really relax and hear myself think. The robes provided were nice and soft and I took full advantage of them when I used the hot tub, etc. Orvis Hot Springs is nearby, which I also enjoyed thoroughly (with clothes on, tee hee!).
The highlight of my stay was dinner at the on-site Ache restaurant. They are pricey, but I was on an expense account, so what the hey (thanks, boss!). I thoroughly enjoyed my pumpkin soup and goat cheese salad, served by the chef personally. The wine was delicious and they had a singer/pianist who complimented the place's intimate atmosphere perfectly.
The proprietors of Ache also provided banquet services for our organization's various functions. I think they might have less experience in this arena as the dinner the next night tasted like it had been under a heat lamp too long & dishware for the next morning's continental breakfast was a bit mish-mash. The meeting facilities themselves though were beautiful - not your typical sterile banquet room!
The lowlight of my stay was the massage I had. Well, the massage itself was great, provided by a young man who worked part-time as a jeep tour guide. The "lowlight" came after it was over, when I told him to look me up if he ever came round my hometown. He had the nerve to make a derogatory comment about my town! I'm sorry, but when you're in customer service, you keep your opinions to yourself.
Would I come back to Chipeta again? In a heartbeat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a Southwest Colorado Resort and Spa, your adventure travel and Colorado Staycation destination. This adobe-style Colorado Resort and Spa provides luxury boutique hotel lodging with private hot tubs & patios, summer solar heated Pool, Spa, Yoga & Fitness center, steam room, and sauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Chipeta Solar Springs Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chipeta Sun Hotel Ridgway
- Chipeta Sun Lodge And Spa