“Quaint, Cozy and Hospitable”

Chipeta Solar Springs Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Ridgway B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 March 2013

This was a trip with a friend down to ski Telluride. We got a deal on Living Social for 2 nights and it included lift tickets. This was a sweet little place. The front desk help was very accommodating and friendly. She brought us bottled water on ice out to the hot pool. The room was nice, beds were comfy enough. I loved the whole decor and southwest feel of the place. We had happy hour and dinner our first night there at the Four Corners Cafe. Dinner was good and reasonable enough, we had a 20% off voucher too. The drinks were prepared by a lovely female bar tender from Michigan and they were excellent!! We had $20 off breakfast vouchers and used them both mornings. The breakfasts were very good but not the best I've ever had. The hot pool was very relaxing, up on a deck with a fire pit to relax by after you have heated up in the pool. There are coffee and cookies in the atrium at all hours. I did think it was a little weird our second night when we sat in the hot tub, it was around 9:45 (the card in the room said it closed at 9). We were told by a male employee in a wool hat and robe that we had 15 minutes. As soon as we hopped out and sat by the fire, he came up and hopped into the tub and told us we had 5 minutes by the fire. All in all though, this was a very nice place and I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: There are 26 rooms of various types and sizes. We had the Chipeta room which is on the front side...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank pugchic76

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I love the Chipeta Lodge. The views are the prettiest in the Valley and the staff is top notch. From the gym, to the pool, soaking tubs, restaurant/bar to the rooms- I wouldn't change a thing. Marissa was a pleaure to deal with and I always leave Chipeta with a sense of calm and revitalization. I love the landscaping and the special touches. The price is right and prefer staying here over Telluride. It's close to everything!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Stayed here for Valentines day night. First off it is the only option of its kind on the Western Slope, but I think it is much over rated and over priced. Cons, The hot tub was 106 degree's could not soak and enjoy the evening, it was to HOT, this was the opinion of others as well. The staff was attentive but it was to late, they should have been on top of it. The only heat in the rooms are fireplaces. were screwed because we like our room to be cool at night, well it was 55 degrees in our bathroom the next morning, no shower for me. What ever happened to the heat lamps or booster heaters for the bathrooms, I have one in my home, very inexpensive to operate and works great. Opened the window like i said for some cool mountain air, well it was broken and would not close. The list goes on, no condiments or spoon for our coffee in the morning, so we used our own splenda and a pen from my wife's purse. TV remote did not work. But here was the main reason we will probably never go back. My wife made these reservations months ago, and also made reservations in the quaint lodges restaurant. The seven table place is very quite and the food is great, but after we got seated the manager came and ask our names, we told her and she said they had no record of our reservation, after explaining in details my wife convinced her we did and they screwed up. The manager was very rude and made us feel very unwelcome, I have ran a private business successfully for many years and if one of my employees treated a customer of in this case a guest like that they would be on the street in minutes. Now the good. The beds are very comfortable, the food in the restaurant was very, very good and our waitress was so apologetic of the managers behavior she should be the manager, also the evening entertainment was really good. I think the price we paid per night they need to pay more attention to details, the reason most people go to a spa resort is to soak and enjoy the warm water in the Colorado mountains. We checked out and went to the Twin Peaks Hotel in Ouray, half the price, the bed was great, hot springs soaker tub was perfect, plus we got a great breakfast as part of the nights stay.

Room Tip: I would drive another 15 minutes to Ouray, or five minutes to Orvis hotsprings.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank larrybennettgjco
Kassy C, Manager at Chipeta Solar Springs Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

At the Chipeta Solar Springs Resort, our top priority is the satisfaction of our guests. We strive to achieve this with every guest who stays at our boutique Inn, however, we do realize that at certain times we may fall short of meeting our guests expectations. When this happens, our management team considers feedback and uses it as stepping stone to improve upon our services.

Normally, our outdoor solar heated hot tub is heated between 102 and 104 degrees. Due to increased sunshine in Ridgway last week, it does appear that the hot tub did jump in temperature through our solar heating system, and we apologize for this. Our team has been notified, and in the future we will monitor the temperature much more closely.

Much apology is also needed for your experience in our restaurant. This type of service is not what the Chipeta Solar Springs Resort stands for, and on behalf of our owners, I would like to sincerely apologize.

The fireplaces in our Kiva suites and condos are designed to properly heat a particular room in its entirety, and we do feel these fireplaces add a romantic ambiance that many of our guests seek during their stay with us. Although we receive more positive comments on the fireplaces than negative comments, we do appreciate your suggestion of an additional heater in the bathrooms and will look into this further.

We are grateful for the critiques in regard to your recent stay at the Chipeta Solar Springs, as they will be used as a means to improve our service and guest satisfaction in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly at 970-626-3737 or at kassy@chipeta.com to further discuss the details of your stay.

Reviewed 7 February 2013

Perfect for a quick romantic getaway hidden in the beautiful Colorado mountains. Our room had an amazing view and our own awesome hot tub on the balcony. Was very relaxing. The restaurant food was excellent also.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I have been coming to Chipeta Solar Springs Resort for several years.
I usually stay at least a month.
The staff treats me (and most guests) like family...really...ny hyperbole here.
The setting in Ridgway is great. You can walk to restaurants, hikes, the market, bars.
There is a gym on the property with amazing views of the peaks.
40 miles to Telluride. Orvis, a great clothing optional hot springs is a couple miles down the road.
My suite had a fireplace, giant jacuzzi tub with a steam bath. Log beams, leather couches.
Views.
Spa and yoga classes.
This place really caught my heart...it's the reason I keep coming back.

Room Tip: Colorado boy brewery...Artisan Bakery in Ouray, Orvis Hot Springs, Thai Paradise, Cimarron Bookstore...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Attended my brother's wedding held at Chipeta Solar Springs Resort and Spa. Brother and sister-in-law were married mid-day on a sunny afternoon in May on the rooftop with the snow capped peaks behind them as they said "I do". It was perfect and absolutely LOVELY! Treated my mom to a day at their onsite the spa before the wedding festivities and it was very calming and relaxing. Very nice spa facilities! Our room was wonderful; it had a rustic feel, but very upscale digs. The ceremony was handled perfectly and went off without any issues. The food and cake were fantastic!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2013

We returned to the Chipeta Resort for the second time this past weekend. Again, we enjoyed the resort and the location. This time we really enjoyed the hot tubs (as it was chilly in the evenings) and the restaurant for breakfast and dinner. The last time we came it was summer and we did not use the hot tub as much. The food was excellent, the room was quiet and comfortable, and we loved going to Telluride and Ouray to recreate and enjoy our beautiful state! We will be planning another trip to Chipeta soon!

Room Tip: If you can upgrade, I suggest it. The upgrade gives you a larger room and the private hot tub.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgway
Ridgway-Ouray Lodge & Suites
#1 of 34 in Durango
General Palmer Hotel
General Palmer Hotel
#12 of 34 in Durango

Been to Chipeta Solar Springs Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!