Chipeta Solar Springs Resort & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$144
Timber Ridge Lodge(Ouray)(Great Value!)
US$79
Hotels.com
River's Edge Motel(Ouray)(Great Value!)
US$107
Comfort Inn(Ouray)(Great Value!)
US$81
ComfortInn
  • Breakfast included
Ouray Chalet Inn(Ouray)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$85
Travelocity
US$182
US$177
Hotels.com
Ouray Victorian Inn(Ouray)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$108
All reviewsprivate hot tubfour corners cafesoaking poolsolar springssan juansswamp coolerdry saunaquaint little towntrue gritfresh cookiesviews of the mountainsfire pitfull kitchenoff seasonhot springslounge areasteam room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Ridgway is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been in my life, and the Chipeta gives you a perfect view of all of it. The restaurant was great and the solar, salt water pool was very relaxing. The room was cozy and they had everything that you would need. I would definitely recommend the Chipeta and Ridway.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ryan B
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

I found this place on Groupon. It was perfect for a little weekend get away. The town is quiet, small and hippie. The views from this hotel are breathtaking of the SanJuan mountains to the West and unique range to the South... I forget what they were called but the locals were nice and told me the names of the various mountain peaks and pointed out Courthouse (I think) that was in John Wayne movies. The bar/restauraunt here serves great food but skip the mixed drinks (not so tastey) and stick with wine or beer.
The receptionist gave solid recommendations for other food and bars to try with in walking distance.
The hot tub is very romantic; the views, perfect temperature, great firepit near by for a gentle glow of light. It was a must do every evening.
The rooms are authentic to the area and eclectic. A bit on the small side for space and the beds are a bit worn -sloping in the middle but I had skiied all day so I passed out once my head hit the pillow. I think had I not been active much during the day the bed would have been an issue for me.
I will certainly be looking at this place when I look to stay in this area again. Also the drive to Telluride is about an hour but gorgeous views the whole way which made the time and distance enjoyable.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Chelsea L
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Chipeta Solar Springs is the perfect getaway in summer or winter. The view of the San Juan mountains is unrivaled and the rooms are cozy and extremely comfortable to hang out in -- the excellent mattress was an added bonus. The swimming and soaking was so relaxing after a week of skiing. The staff was professional, courteous and attentive. And the afternoon tea and cookies in the atrium was a nice service.

We had a unit with a full kitchen but didn't bother to cook as the breakfasts and dinners at the Four Corners Cafe are to die for. We ran out of days before we could try all the scrumptious omelets and the dinner entrees prepared with a southwestern flair. I can't say enough about the atmosphere of the dining room -- rustic elegance -- and the expansive views from the sky bar. We will be coming back.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2013

We have stayed here several times in the past with friends, but this was a special, romantic get- away. The facility has expanded since our last visit but it still has a cozy feeling. We enjoyed the afternoon tea and cookies and morning coffee. The breakfasts at the Four Corners Cafe were outstanding and fueled our snow shoe excursions at Ironton. A dip in the hot pool helped relieve the sore muscles! Because it was the off-season, it was pretty quiet and we got personal attention!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2013

We were so excited and looking forward to celebrating a wonderful wedding anniversary and they completely ruined it. We booked the top of the line room with all the perks and a private hot tub, only to be treated like steerage class. We were enjoying our private hot tub outside when, at 9:15pm, we were told to be quiet by management. The "quiet time rules" on the hot tub clearly stated 10pm. We were not playing music nor being rowdy. Just enjoying our anniversary and talking. The facility does have courtyard, so sound does carry. The problem was that another guest apparently wanted to go to bed at nine. We were following the rules, but it seems that first to bed trumps the rules. We are leaving and will never come back. I advise you to avoid this place if you want to enjoy yourself past nine pm.

• Stayed: March 2013
8  Thank yukonzach
Kassy C, Manager at Chipeta Solar Springs Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

Here at Chipeta Solar Springs Resort, our top priority is the satisfaction of all of our guests. This includes providing a peaceful and quiet environment for our guests to relax and enjoy during their vacation.

Unfortunately, during this guest's stay, we received several complaints from other guests regarding the amount of noise coming from their balcony area. This prompted us to ask them to please keep their voices down if they were going to be outside enjoying their balcony and private hot tub.

Of course, our intention was not to offend these guests. We regret the fact that they feel their anniversary trip was ruined because we asked them politely to please keep their voices down after receiving numerous complaints.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 1.800.633.5868.