Chipeta Solar Springs Resort & Spa
US$144
Timber Ridge Lodge(Ouray)(Great Value!)
US$79
Travelocity
River's Edge Motel(Ouray)(Great Value!)
US$107
Comfort Inn(Ouray)(Great Value!)
US$81
ComfortInn
  • Breakfast included
Ouray Chalet Inn(Ouray)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$82
US$182
US$177
Hotels.com
Ouray Victorian Inn(Ouray)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$108
All reviewsprivate hot tubfour corners cafesoaking poolsolar springssan juansswamp coolerdry saunaquaint little towntrue gritfresh cookiesviews of the mountainsfire pitfull kitchenoff seasonhot springslounge areasteam room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Cannot say enough good things about this property. This place has loads of charm and a great location with amazing views right from our room and balcony. The food was quite good in the dining room and perfect for our needs. Lighter fare was available on the roof deck and was fine, but the deck ambiance made the experience superb. Every room appeared to be unique with great southwestern style. We found our room to be most comfortable and complete, and would not have wanted anything better. We really enjoyed not having a TV or phone in our room and found the great looking pool area to be situated perfectly. Staff was perfect in a very relaxed way. Because of the hotel's layout, we rarely saw other clientele unless at dinner - there are a number of separate public areas where we could have an intimate conversation without being in our room. Ridgway is a small town, but has everything we wanted including some wonderful nearby restaurants and easy access to Ouray, Telluride and fantastic outdoor experiences of all types. We cannot wait to return!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Received a wonderful reception & service from Isabelle who showed us around the property. I opted to pay extra for a room with a private balcony hot tub - the Escalante Room. Loved the decor - southwestern-spanish,rustic-classy. Comfortable king bed, but the room was quite small. The hallway & steps to the room were carpeted & somewhat dirty. Didn't like the bathroom - walls didn't go to the ceiling so all bathroom noise was heard in the room. My main complaint was that the hot tub was too hot. Isabelle was quick to respond to our call, but didn't know how to adjust it. She offered to have someone else who could help come to our room, but it was already getting late, and we didn't want another interruption. We paid $40 extra, but didn't get the romantic tub experience that we paid extra for. I mentioned this to another employee when we checked out, but no offer was made to amend. Dinner was very good, with excellent service. This is a lovely property, with very good, friendly service, but I suggest that the rates are too high for Ridgway, expecially considering its proximity to Ouray which has many excellent lodging choices.

Room Tip: Escalante Room was beautiful, with king bed & balcony hot tub, but be aware that the bathroom walls do not go to the ceiling & bathroom noise is heard clearly in the rest of the room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank southwestgirl_8
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Ridgway is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been in my life, and the Chipeta gives you a perfect view of all of it. The restaurant was great and the solar, salt water pool was very relaxing. The room was cozy and they had everything that you would need. I would definitely recommend the Chipeta and Ridway.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ryan B
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

I found this place on Groupon. It was perfect for a little weekend get away. The town is quiet, small and hippie. The views from this hotel are breathtaking of the SanJuan mountains to the West and unique range to the South... I forget what they were called but the locals were nice and told me the names of the various mountain peaks and pointed out Courthouse (I think) that was in John Wayne movies. The bar/restauraunt here serves great food but skip the mixed drinks (not so tastey) and stick with wine or beer.
The receptionist gave solid recommendations for other food and bars to try with in walking distance.
The hot tub is very romantic; the views, perfect temperature, great firepit near by for a gentle glow of light. It was a must do every evening.
The rooms are authentic to the area and eclectic. A bit on the small side for space and the beds are a bit worn -sloping in the middle but I had skiied all day so I passed out once my head hit the pillow. I think had I not been active much during the day the bed would have been an issue for me.
I will certainly be looking at this place when I look to stay in this area again. Also the drive to Telluride is about an hour but gorgeous views the whole way which made the time and distance enjoyable.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Chelsea L
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Chipeta Solar Springs is the perfect getaway in summer or winter. The view of the San Juan mountains is unrivaled and the rooms are cozy and extremely comfortable to hang out in -- the excellent mattress was an added bonus. The swimming and soaking was so relaxing after a week of skiing. The staff was professional, courteous and attentive. And the afternoon tea and cookies in the atrium was a nice service.

We had a unit with a full kitchen but didn't bother to cook as the breakfasts and dinners at the Four Corners Cafe are to die for. We ran out of days before we could try all the scrumptious omelets and the dinner entrees prepared with a southwestern flair. I can't say enough about the atmosphere of the dining room -- rustic elegance -- and the expansive views from the sky bar. We will be coming back.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple